This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

I say we should create a drinking game for Badger hockey. It'll help ease the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      I say we should create a drinking game for Badger hockey. It'll help ease the pain.
      Can’t be based on turnovers in their own zone. We’d be passed out on the floor by the end of the first period.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
        Can’t be based on turnovers in their own zone. We’d be passed out on the floor by the end of the first period.
        Turnover - shot of water (gotta stay hydrated)
        Guy left uncovered in front of the net - shot
        Goal against - shot
        Forwards flying the zone followed by a turnover at the defensive blue line - shot
        Announcers talking about how awesome Granato is - chug the rest of your beer/shot
        K'Andre Miller being lackadaisical - shot
        Any use of how young the badgers are as an excuse - shot

Let's get riggity riggity wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          Hey, that's awesome! Congrats to her and her team!
          Thanks! Her Peewee C team got a tie today as well (they have a really rough schedule this year, so a tie is a great result for us.)
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Thanks! Her Peewee C team got a tie today as well (they have a really rough schedule this year, so a tie is a great result for us.)
            It's a tough schedule... and let's face it, they're a pretty young team!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Hahaha.

Well played!
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I don't get starting Berry. I'm not blaming him for the loss, I just don't get it. I also don't get not having the Hammer finish yesterday. I can't stand when coaches play head games with goalies. They are the least of the problems.
                See I'm the opposite. I think, WWCCD? (What would Criag Counsell do?) So I'd alternate them to start, but pull them after one period every game and go to the pen.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  I updated the Faceoff stats spreadsheet because... ugh... what else is there to do?

On a pleasant note, my daughters U12 team won their first game of the year tonight. Seeing her come off the ice with a smile was awesome.
                  Congrats....May I ask her organIzation or is that too creepy?
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    🤣😂😄😅😆😃
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Perfect execution and stuck the landing!

Comment

What hurts us and the B1G a lot more is ND dropping three straight non-conference games.
                        Make that four straight.

What's going on in South Bend? They lost 6-1 at home to BC after being shut out 4-0 two nights ago in Chestnut Hill. Outscored 23-7 in their last 5 games. Yikes.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Make that four straight.

What's going on in South Bend? They lost 6-1 at home to BC after being shut out 4-0 two nights ago in Chestnut Hill. Outscored 23-7 in their last 5 games. Yikes.
                          Good illustration of the importance of NC games in the PWR. B1G goes from 1st in interconference record to 3rd and ND's 4 straight NC losses collectively drop the B1G teams about 40 spots in PWR. Most notably MSU goes from a would be 10th to 18th. (W's vs. L's) Win your NC games Biggies!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Updates after the Wolverine series (W 3-2, L 1-3)

Record: 7-8-1 (2-5-1-1 - 8pts, 6th in Big7)
                            USCHO Poll: 19 (n/c)
                            USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                            PWR: T29 (-8)
                            RPI: 30 (-9)
                            KRACH: 21 (-4)
                            Scoring: 3.25 GPG; T15th (-5)
                            Defense: 3.38 GAPG; 48th (+1)
                            Power Play Goals: 14; T9th (+2)
                            Power Play Rate: 21.88% (14 of 64); 17th (n/c)
                            Penalty Kill Rate: 79.31% (46 of 58), 40th (-10)
                            Penalty Min per Game: 12.88; 22nd (1st is worst) (n/c)
                            Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; T4th (-1)
                            Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1; T30th (-29)
                            Team Faceoff: 49.2%; T34th (+1)

Hole being dug is getting deeper........
                            UPDATE AFTER MSU SERIES:

Record: 7-10-1 (2-7-1-1 - 8pts, 7th in Big7) (-1)
                            GF/GA: 56/62
                            USCHO Poll: NR (-2) (presumed)
                            USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                            PWR: 35 (-6)
                            RPI: 35 (-5)
                            KRACH: 23 (-2)
                            Scoring: 3.11 GPG; 18th (-3)
                            Defense: 3.44 GAPG; 51st (-3)
                            Power Play Goals: 14; T13th (-4)
                            Power Play Rate: 19.72% (14 of 71); 23rd (-6)
                            Penalty Kill Rate: 80.95% (51 of 63), 33rd (+7)
                            Penalty Min per Game: 12.33; T24th (1st is worst) (+2)
                            Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; T4th (n/c)
                            Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T10th (1st is worst) (-20)
                            Team Faceoff: 49.3%; T35th (-1)

Hole is Grand Canyon sized now. To get from PWR of 35 to 13 is going to take a big run of winning hockey. They better take this month off and figure some things out and start playing like a team, for 60 minutes. At this point, I personally have zero confidence that can happen.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Make that four straight.

They are clearly not that good and this was evident when the Gophers played them. Same for OSU. These aren't top ten teams at the end of the year, IMO. Look at the teams that swept the Gophers, and those are true contenders. UMD, PSU, UND

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Hole is Grand Canyon sized now. To get from PWR of 35 to 13 is going to take a big run of winning hockey. They better take this month off and figure some things out and start playing like a team, for 60 minutes. At this point, I personally have zero confidence that can happen.
                                Who knows. Last year St. Louis was like in last place or something (don't follow the NHL that closely), then got on a BIG run and it was on for them.

Apparently over on the gal's side Hanzlick is transferring to RMU effective end of the semester. Thanks for keeping track of all these things for us.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X