This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Dylan Holloway doesn't make Canada's World Junior Team. I have a hard time understanding that.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Dylan Holloway doesn't make Canada's World Junior Team. I have a hard time understanding that.
      Maybe they are just that stacked (probably not) or it is a political thing and they are punishing him for playing college hockey in the US.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Maybe they are just that stacked (probably not) or it is a political thing and they are punishing him for playing college hockey in the US.
        I got the impression from twitter that some other great players from college were released as well. Seems to me they are punishing kids for going to college.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I got the impression from twitter that some other great players from college were released as well. Seems to me they are punishing kids for going to college.
          Real smart. I hope Canada gets knocked on their asses each game.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Real smart. I hope Canada gets knocked on their asses each game.
            from CHN: Canada cut 3 of the 4 NCAA players it had on its World Junior camp roster ... Wis F Dylan Holloway, BC F Alex Newhook and Quinnipiac D Peter Diliberatore ... That leaves North Dakota D Jacob Bernard-Docker as the only one left.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              from CHN: Canada cut 3 of the 4 NCAA players it had on its World Junior camp roster ... Wis F Dylan Holloway, BC F Alex Newhook and Quinnipiac D Peter Diliberatore ... That leaves North Dakota D Jacob Bernard-Docker as the only one left.
              They’re too proud. NCAA has been the growing trend since Brian Rafalski overcame the “he’s too small, he’s NCAA” garbage in the late 90’s. I hope Canadian players don’t use this as an excuse to avoid the NCAA.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Canadian Badgers at the WJC:

2009- Cody Goloubef (won Gold)
                2008- Kyle Turris (won Gold)
                2001- Dany Heatley (won Bronze)
                2000- Dany Heatley (won Bronze)
                1986- Scott Mellanby (won Silver)
                1983- Pat Flatley (won Bronze)

Jan-Ake Danielson and Ulvis Katlaps also played for other countries. (Sweden and USSR, respectively), and also each time won medals.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The Canadians haven't received a Gold for 10 years. Maybe they should swallow their pride and take the best. (Or not)
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    The Canadians haven't received a Gold for 10 years. Maybe they should swallow their pride and take the best. (Or not)
                    2015 and 2018, but still.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      2015 and 2018, but still.
                      Thanks, no idea what I was looking at. I had 2009 in my head.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Way to go VB team! It could be rodents Badgers for another title. UW is 2-0 over the last 2 trophy games.

Comment

Was looking through some stats last week and I noted some of the Goals Against stats and then looked back to last year for comparison. I'm sure some of us were a little hard on Seamus Malone and Will Johnson from time to time throughout the season last year but one thing stood out to me that they didn't get credit for I don't think. Seamus was on the ice for 18 goals against and Will Johnson for just 11, that's all season, and despite playing top minutes all year. Dhooghe (-32), Baker (-32) Gorniak (-27) were the three F's with the most GA last year in 37 games with the team giving up 3.51 gpg.

By contrast, while giving up a similar 3.44 gpg, this year's F's- Turcotte -20 (in 16 games played); Caufield -20 (18gp); Baker -15 (18gp) Weissbach -14(18gp); Dhooghe -13 (18gp)

On D Miller and Kalynuk are -23 goals against. Only one player in the country (UAH's Christain Rajic -27) has been on the ice for more GA per game. Last year Kalynuk had -34 and Miller only -20 for the whole season.

So if you double the results so far (for a whole season), we get to some pretty big numbers for those guys. 40 goals against would have been in the top 8 in the country last year for the season and right now it appears we are on pace to put 5 players at or over that mark.

+/- has all kinds of flaws, of course, and just looking at minus needs even more context as certainly the more TOI you have the more goals against that are likely going to go on your tab. But I still thought it was significant that the big ice time guys have given up so much more compared to the departed Seniors, Malone and Johnson, all while the team isn't giving up more goals overall.

To be fair, Wyatt is +2 overall. Miller (-9) Turcotte (-9) Caufield (-5) Baker (-5) Weissbach (-2) Dhooghe (E)
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Was looking through some stats last week and I noted some of the Goals Against stats and then looked back to last year for comparison. I'm sure some of us were a little hard on Seamus Malone and Will Johnson from time to time throughout the season last year but one thing stood out to me that they didn't get credit for I don't think. Seamus was on the ice for 18 goals against and Will Johnson for just 11, that's all season, and despite playing top minutes all year. Dhooghe (-32), Baker (-32) Gorniak (-27) were the three F's with the most GA last year in 37 games with the team giving up 3.51 gpg.

By contrast, while giving up a similar 3.44 gpg, this year's F's- Turcotte -20 (in 16 games played); Caufield -20 (18gp); Baker -15 (18gp) Weissbach -14(18gp); Dhooghe -13 (18gp)

On D Miller and Kalynuk are -23 goals against. Only one player in the country (UAH's Christain Rajic -27) has been on the ice for more GA per game. Last year Kalynuk had -34 and Miller only -20 for the whole season.

So if you double the results so far (for a whole season), we get to some pretty big numbers for those guys. 40 goals against would have been in the top 8 in the country last year for the season and right now it appears we are on pace to put 5 players at or over that mark.
                            There's somethings a guy just shouldn't post....Timothy A meet Cliff, Cliff meet Timothy A.

Comment

Do you REALLY know what matters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFKfQN5Y7Ds

Stats are fun, but they don't always mean ****. Just win, baby.
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-16-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                There's somethings a guy just shouldn't post....Timothy A meet Cliff, Cliff meet Timothy A.
                                It's not all bad news. It would appear (generally speaking) that while Turcotte's line is giving up goals at more than double the rate Malone's line did last year, most of the other F's are giving up goals at a much lower rate. So apparently, those guys have improved in that department. For example Gorniak was -27 ga last year and is now -8 ga at the halfway point. The exception perhaps being Baker who is on the pretty much the same poor pace.

Tony made the statement a week or two ago that some of the leaders were worrying about leading so much that they weren't taking care of their own business on the ice. Bakes might be an example of what Tony was getting at. He has been sort of the utility infielder, getting moved all over, especially with F's missing in 8 games, but still, he's been on the ice for way too many goals against again this year.

If that top line can either score a lot more, or slow down by half or so the goals against, the Badgers total goal differential is going to improve significantly it would seem. Talented freshman should improve in the second half. So maybe getting better results is not as big of an obstacle as it might otherwise be if you're needing all 20 guys to suddenly have a huge, dramatic improvement to their games. A few guys play better and a lot more complete games and the results could be there.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X