Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 741

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

  1. #201
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,684
    Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    Hate to say it but we should go after Rohlik. Doing more with much less. We take away his recruits (Dhoogies and Caufields) and he keeps doing better than us. Says alot right there.
    Holy ****, I’d forgotten about the fact that we poached the Dhooghes and the Caufields from Rohlik.


    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I just can't bring myself to believe Oz has lost it. He was way more experience with college/USHL aged players than TG does, he should be able to get through to the players.
    I just don’t know what to think of Oz anymore. He’s a recruiter*, but he’s also the coach for our defensemen. And I don’t need to remind you guys that our defensive corps is where we have the greatest disparity between “NHL drafted talent” and “actual results”.

    * Worth remembering that, as iron clad as our respect for Mark Johnson is, he wasn’t the best recruiter when that was his role under Sauer. Maybe having a guy like Oz around is the right balance (just let MJ focus on coaching), but what I’m saying is… don’t take for granted that Mark would be just as magical behind the men’s bench as he’s been behind the women’s bench (or against Commies).

  2. #202
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,421

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Holy ****, I’d forgotten about the fact that we poached the Dhooghes and the Caufields from Rohlik.

    I just don’t know what to think of Oz anymore. He’s a recruiter*, but he’s also the coach for our defensemen. And I don’t need to remind you guys that our defensive corps is where we have the greatest disparity between “NHL drafted talent” and “actual results”.

    * Worth remembering that, as iron clad as our respect for Mark Johnson is, he wasn’t the best recruiter when that was his role under Sauer. Maybe having a guy like Oz around is the right balance (just let MJ focus on coaching), but what I’m saying is… don’t take for granted that Mark would be just as magical behind the men’s bench as he’s been behind the women’s bench (or against Commies).
    Oz....maybe he has taken a backseat to TG's philosophies on how the D should play and he's trying to get them to play TG's way and not the Oz way. How else to you explain what we are seeing and what we know Oz to be? Are all these D physically gifted but have the Hockey IQ of a Peewee C player?

    MJ knows his X's and O's and his players play hard all the time and they play within the systems like machines, but he has created a situation where recruiting is "easy" compared to the men's game that I don't think is translatable to the men's game.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  3. #203
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,421

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    But this is all fantasy, because he is going nowhere anytime soon.....
    Right, but we've got weeks to kill until the next game, so why not open a cold one and talk stupid with each other?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Right, but we've got weeks to kill until the next game, so why not open a cold one and talk stupid with each other?
    Yeah, true. We need to vent to stay sane....

  5. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,948

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Jesus, the turnovers and bad coverage on D and cherry picking forwards foregoing D continues. Winter break 7, Wisconsin 0. 🤣🤣

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Poached this from the Goofer thread. Sound familiar?

    "Like many hockey coaches, Motzko told the Strib in November he subscribes to the theory that the first team to score three goals in a game usually wins. Then Motzko and his staff must take responsibility for the fact that the Gophers are 2-8-3 since Oct. with a GPG of 2.3. To add insult to injury the Gophers are now #4 among 60 teams in the NCAA in GA (3.47). That's poor defending (Raboin's dept.) and inconsistent goaltending.


    The "this is a young team and we'll have to learn from this" excuse is getting old. We're 17 games in the season, are we going to hear this until March? Out of the 4 lines tonight, less than half are FR. That's manageable and that's teachable. "We're disappointed, we played hard tonight" said Motzko...ok but you lost! Is this what Pride on Ice has descended too...moral victory mantras?

    In the meantime, chicken little is knocking at the door and this season is just about toast."

  7. #207
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,421

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    On another note at least Roger Penske has brought great news to indycar. So my other sports passion will be climbing mountains soon.
    Since we're filling in the dead time....RP did openwheel a solid when he bought the Speedway and the series. That man is "Gold, Jerry, GOLD!" It's exciting to ponder the future of the sport with a stable and mega successful person with stable and mega successful minions running it for him. I should probably get back into the open wheel thread, but I have limited time and the women's site is fun with about 14 of us keeping the threads rolling and having fun poking fun of eachother.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  8. #208
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Right, but we've got weeks to kill until the next game, so why not open a cold one and talk stupid with each other?
    Now yer talkin'. 🍺🍹🥃🥂🍾🍸🍻
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  9. #209
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Jesus, the turnovers and bad coverage on D and cherry picking forwards foregoing D continues. Winter break 7, Wisconsin 0. 🤣🤣
    OMG! LOL! Well done.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  10. #210
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Poached this from the Goofer thread. Sound familiar?

    "Like many hockey coaches, Motzko told the Strib in November he subscribes to the theory that the first team to score three goals in a game usually wins. Then Motzko and his staff must take responsibility for the fact that the Gophers are 2-8-3 since Oct. with a GPG of 2.3. To add insult to injury the Gophers are now #4 among 60 teams in the NCAA in GA (3.47). That's poor defending (Raboin's dept.) and inconsistent goaltending.


    The "this is a young team and we'll have to learn from this" excuse is getting old. We're 17 games in the season, are we going to hear this until March? Out of the 4 lines tonight, less than half are FR. That's manageable and that's teachable. "We're disappointed, we played hard tonight" said Motzko...ok but you lost! Is this what Pride on Ice has descended too...moral victory mantras?

    In the meantime, chicken little is knocking at the door and this season is just about toast."
    That's comical because a few weeks ago some of the boys across the room were laughing at us trashing Granato.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  11. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Dylan Holloway doesn't make Canada's World Junior Team. I have a hard time understanding that.


  12. #212
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,421

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Dylan Holloway doesn't make Canada's World Junior Team. I have a hard time understanding that.
    Maybe they are just that stacked (probably not) or it is a political thing and they are punishing him for playing college hockey in the US.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Maybe they are just that stacked (probably not) or it is a political thing and they are punishing him for playing college hockey in the US.
    I got the impression from twitter that some other great players from college were released as well. Seems to me they are punishing kids for going to college.

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,948
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I got the impression from twitter that some other great players from college were released as well. Seems to me they are punishing kids for going to college.
    Real smart. I hope Canada gets knocked on their asses each game.

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Real smart. I hope Canada gets knocked on their asses each game.
    from CHN: Canada cut 3 of the 4 NCAA players it had on its World Junior camp roster ... Wis F Dylan Holloway, BC F Alex Newhook and Quinnipiac D Peter Diliberatore ... That leaves North Dakota D Jacob Bernard-Docker as the only one left.

  16. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,948
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    from CHN: Canada cut 3 of the 4 NCAA players it had on its World Junior camp roster ... Wis F Dylan Holloway, BC F Alex Newhook and Quinnipiac D Peter Diliberatore ... That leaves North Dakota D Jacob Bernard-Docker as the only one left.
    They’re too proud. NCAA has been the growing trend since Brian Rafalski overcame the “he’s too small, he’s NCAA” garbage in the late 90’s. I hope Canadian players don’t use this as an excuse to avoid the NCAA.

  17. #217
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,684

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Canadian Badgers at the WJC:

    2009- Cody Goloubef (won Gold)
    2008- Kyle Turris (won Gold)
    2001- Dany Heatley (won Bronze)
    2000- Dany Heatley (won Bronze)
    1986- Scott Mellanby (won Silver)
    1983- Pat Flatley (won Bronze)

    Jan-Ake Danielson and Ulvis Katlaps also played for other countries. (Sweden and USSR, respectively), and also each time won medals.

  18. #218
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    The Canadians haven't received a Gold for 10 years. Maybe they should swallow their pride and take the best. (Or not)
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  19. #219
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,684
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    The Canadians haven't received a Gold for 10 years. Maybe they should swallow their pride and take the best. (Or not)
    2015 and 2018, but still.

  20. #220
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    2015 and 2018, but still.
    Thanks, no idea what I was looking at. I had 2009 in my head.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •