Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Notable Hobey Baker nominees:

Trent Bliss
    Cole Caufield
    Max Gildon
    Matt Jurusik
    Wyatt Kalynuk
    Linus Weissbach
    I do believe 3 are Eaves recruits.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Drunkard

Bliss committed during the off-season where Eaves had to fire Schuey and Walsh to keep his job.

Jurusik was a freshman during Eaves final season.

I donít recall exactly when Gildon recruited, but he said to a UNH hockey blog that ďthe feeling I got after the coaching change was suspiciousĒ when he committed there. I used to think that was hilarious and strange. Now I think Max Gildon might be clairvoyant.

Predictions for the weekend? I am pessimistic we can sweep them. A split?

I am so disappointed, that I have lost interest this season. That's unfortunate as I literally live for UW Hockey season. This season has taken the life out of me. And if UW is losing me, they are losing other hockey lifers.

I am going to the Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheon on 1/31 out of sheer curiosity more than anything else.

Drunkard

Loss and some sort of OT result.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Predictions for the weekend? I am pessimistic we can sweep them. A split?

I am so disappointed, that I have lost interest this season. That's unfortunate as I literally live for UW Hockey season. This season has taken the life out of me. And if UW is losing me, they are losing other hockey lifers.

I am going to the Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheon on 1/31 out of sheer curiosity more than anything else.
    UW is sweeping.

I haven't lost interest, but I fully understand why you and others would. I'm going to stand on that UW hockey hill until I'm the last man standing.

My assumption is that Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheon is all fake news about how things are all roses, rainbows and flying pink unicorns, right?

UW is sweeping.

I haven't lost interest, but I fully understand why you and others would. I'm going to stand on that UW hockey hill until I'm the last man standing.

My assumption is that Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheon is all fake news about how things are all roses, rainbows and flying pink unicorns, right?
    I think you guys need a chance to kick some Sioux arse to get your juices flowing again.

UW is sweeping.

I would say the luncheons are typically rah rah, but honestly Brian Posick and Tony always talk about current state of the team. Both men are incredibly genuine in those lunches.

Also, the opponent coaches that come to these: Mel Pearson, David Carle (Denver), and Scott Sandelin most recently, are all very accommodating to these and go out of their very busy day to attend them. They typically come and speak first and then the WHB guys run them back down to campus as they practice during these luncheons.

I think that says a lot about the character of all the coaches.

All in all, I highly recommend you attend one if you can as they are pretty fun and unique for a hockey nut. I met Mad City Rich at my first one.

Mark Strobel and Barry Richter on Joe and Ebo show (starts at 22:00):

https://omny.fm/shows/the-joe-ebo-ex...-day-podcast-1

Who are they playing? Domers? I agree with EODS. Loss and OT.

Let's go RED!

I saw everyone was back at practice. I'd like to see an ice time chart for the D for last weekend.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

UW is sweeping.
    I wish I had your exuberance, Timmy me boy, I just don't any longer with this staff. I'm in the same boat as WiscTJK. Sometimes I sit back and can't believe I don't give a schitt about the season. If I wasn't at a home game, I'd be listening on the radio. I don't even want to waste money on a road trip just to get embarrassed.

I'm disappointed that they aren't even close to playing up to the hype machine that was tossed at us since last April, and I'm disappointed in myself for eating it up, although I WAS cautiously optimistic on the outside. Kohl Center is dead. It's cavernous with 6000 in attendance. My friends tell me I'm one of the most positive, glass-half-full guys they know; just not regarding Badger hockey.

We're in last place, Gophersota is just above us, and the earth is off its axis.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I wish I had your exuberance, Timmy me boy, I just don't any longer with this staff. I'm in the same boat as WiscTJK. Sometimes I sit back and can't believe I don't give a schitt about the season. If I wasn't at a home game, I'd be listening on the radio. I don't even want to waste money on a road trip just to get embarrassed.

I'm disappointed that they aren't even close to playing up to the hype machine that was tossed at us since last April, and I'm disappointed in myself for eating it up, although I WAS cautiously optimistic on the outside. Kohl Center is dead. It's cavernous with 6000 in attendance. My friends tell me I'm one of the most positive, glass-half-full guys they know; just not regarding Badger hockey.

We're in last place, Gophersota is just above us, and the earth is off its axis.
    I feel it, I certainly do. Some days I feel like you and others, other days I feel positive, probably out of a combo of insanity and sanity.

It's a great day for hockey! The lads will dent the domes and the gals will bury the rodents.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...iQVALPl4V3ck#1

Sweet article (and pictures) by Todd M. The original article was written by Bill Brophy who is a Wisconsin hockey media legend. We still see and hear him on many Badger hockey broadcasts.

This was before the stupid "birdcage" days. Brings back memories and tears to my eyes after reading the comments of my friend bobby Suter. Many of you weren't born yet.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-24-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Drunkard

Hatty for Cole Caufield. Which is good.

In an effort to try to be positive and optimistic about this team for a change, I wonít post NDís tweet showing how they scored their third goal.

Ive been watching on SportsNet New York. Listened to the local hacks for 10 seconds then started syncing Posick by streaming 1070.

Since 15 minutes remaining, the Badgers are hanging on.......barely. They look tired and are really struggling. 1 minute remaining. By the way, how the **** does a cherry picker get behind penalty killers?

First two game winning streak since Oct 18-19. Oof!

Paul Capobianco claiming theyíve turned a corner. Maybe so, but Iíll remain skeptical.

Winners win!

Iím pleasantly surprised. Now finish them!

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Paul Capobianco claiming theyíve turned a corner. Maybe so, but Iíll remain skeptical.
    Yep. He's a homer, he has to say stuff like that. No more talk, the players will show us soon enough.

I caught about 10-15 minutes of the game last night on a free stream...

Caufield is a sniper but nowhere near the level of an Oshie or Toews in that he plays so selfishly and one dimensional itís difficult to fathom his game translating to the NHL.

Miller makes so many dumb passes I almost wonder how he was a 1st rounder.

Iíve come around on Achan, make him the Captain next season.

Turcotte disappears for stretches as does Dhoogie and the defense overall leave the goalies hung to dry far too often.

As far as selfish play from the one and dones they make Zent, Schier, Moore, Tucker, Fairchild, MacDonald et al look like the 90 team by comparison to todayís.

Thread Information