X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Bad Maine teams: yes, as far as Swayman...have you seen him play??? He would be a top goalie for just about 90% of the teams in College Hockey...you have your opinion, but you missed the boat on Swayman.
    With an average goalie, Maine is maybe a .300 team under Red. No doubt in my mind about that.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-17-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      With an average goalie, Maine is maybe a .300 team under Red. No doubt in my mind about that.
      That makes Gendron look better, Swayman keeping the team above or around .500 and a "CHANCE" of a upset in the 1st round with a possible series stealing 3 game set versus a #1 0r #2 seeded team, with that the happen Swayman needs help from his offensive mates to score 3 goals or more...3 goals per game gives them a chance with Swayman in net.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony potter View Post
        this is the same maine team weve seen for last 8 or so years Cellar dwellars very little talent even the goalie is not that high on the talent list or he would be playing somewhere else
        Well well, another precinct heard from... Nice to hear from you Tony.
        “even the goalie is not that high on the talent list”
        Did you hit your head on something? Go back and do a little work. Watch some game replays. Figure out where the 1,2,3,4 and 5 holes are. Then come back and tell us Swayman is not that high on the talent list. Go on...go do it.

With a reasonably good team in front of him, a solid defense and some consistent scoring threats, this goalie becomes top 5 in D1 college hockey. Unfortunately Sway does not have any of that.

Comment

• Does it strike anyone as odd that Maine has no games this weekend? 9 days between the UConn game and the BC series at Conte.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
            Well well, another precinct heard from... Nice to hear from you Tony.
            “even the goalie is not that high on the talent list”
            Did you hit your head on something? Go back and do a little work. Watch some game replays. Figure out where the 1,2,3,4 and 5 holes are. Then come back and tell us Swayman is not that high on the talent list. Go on...go do it.

With a reasonably good team in front of him, a solid defense and some consistent scoring threats, this goalie becomes top 5 in D1 college hockey. Unfortunately Sway does not have any of that.
            So how did Thiessen get a shutout in the game he played? I think Swayman is a decent goalie, but people here are hyping him way more than is deserved.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
              Does it strike anyone as odd that Maine has no games this weekend? 9 days between the UConn game and the BC series at Conte.
              So soon after Christmas break too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                So how did Thiessen get a shutout in the game he played? I think Swayman is a decent goalie, but people here are hyping him way more than is deserved.
                Watching Sway play live adds another level of respect vs stats etc. He has some flaws no doubt. Remember watching Bish, never thought he would rise to the level he is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  You'll see the difference next season "IF" Swayman signs on with Boston...then you'll realize how much of a goaltender he was to a team that lacked offense. But then your entitled to your opinion, that's what this forum is all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    So soon after Christmas break too.
                    I learned after posting that that since there is an odd number of teams in HEA, everybody gets a bye weekend. Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Theissen got a shutout because he is a very good goalie. He just didn’t show it the first time Red gave him a chance…

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Does it strike anyone as odd that Maine has no games this weekend? 9 days between the UConn game and the BC series at Conte.
                        Longest unbeaten streak of the season..?
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Watching Sway play live adds another level of respect vs stats etc. He has some flaws no doubt. Remember watching Bish, never thought he would rise to the level he is at.
                          Bish spent half his Maine career behind his own net d*cking around with the puck.

I didn't expect him to reach the level he has, either, but I'm a big fan of his now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            He is #10 in the country with a .934 save % on a sh*tty team and has played more minutes than the 9 guys above him on the list...

Drew, he's really good.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Seems Red helped uconn along with the loss Wed, uconn got a good win against Northeastern tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Seems Red helped uconn along with the loss Wed, uconn got a good win against Northeastern tonight.
                                "If" the season ended today, Maine would miss the Hockey East Playoffs...@ 9th place now.

Comment

Working...
                                X