Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine

Black Bear since D-2

Re: Maine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Looks like you admit some sort of defeat. You told us you’d go watch Maine hockey in upstate ny. Yet now you brag how you saved money. Then you want Maine hockey to go ta Albany for playoffs.
    It was difficult to find a cogent post of yours to respond to here, but I'll settle for this one...

Why in the world would we drive 3 hours on **** roads during a snowstorm (one way) and drop $600 in the process just to watch paint dry? I wasn't bragging about anything, just doing the math, especially considering that we had some good hockey to watch 20 minutes away. Red's teams are barely worth crossing the street to see, unless you're having trouble sleeping.

I suppose that your protracted drunken rants are entertaining to some of us, but I find them depressing.

Get some help with that. We all want the same thing, after all, but Nature only provides you one liver.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Replacement is in my future.
    You're irreplaceable, Wally.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Ok Friday before a big weekend. Always a chance of a point or two? Or if Red can out coach Carvel for a few timely goals?
    Last edited by NorthMike; 12-06-2019 at 09:49 AM.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Always a chance of a point or two?
    I think it's always possible, if they will or not is another question. Massachusetts is still good, but not as good as last year, and they just lost at home to Quinnipiac last Saturday. I am interested to see how it turns out.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Or if Red can out coach Carvel for a few timely goals?
    You smoke your breakfast??
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You smoke your breakfast??
    You know what I think of red.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I think it's always possible, if they will or not is another question. Massachusetts is still good, but not as good as last year, and they just lost at home to Quinnipiac last Saturday. I am interested to see how it turns out.
    I agree that either team could sweep, or be swept. No telling how it will go. HEA is basically a week-to-week thing right now.

Down 1, didn't take long. Skate down shoot score

Red used his timeout ???

Red used his timeout ???
    I liked the choice. They had just given up a bad goal following an iffy goal to waste the decent start they had, so they needed a chance to regroup. Which, naturally, they also blew because Greenway got sent down the tunnel with 5 and a game for kneeing.

Black Bear since D-2

We used to make the trip to Amherst every year. Easiest HE drive for us at 2.5 hours one-way, and with minimal traffic. We saw many a Maine win there for many years. Was a sure win(s) during the Walsh and Whitehead eras, as a general rule.

Don't see the point of doing that anymore, we and haven't considered it in a few years.

Red needs to go. Simple as that.

I was at tonights game, and it was as bad as the stats say. No flow, no cohesion, and two five minute majors with ejections two to one. I bet tomorrow is better, but tonight was bad. At least it wasn't a shutout.

Also, something clicked in my head about part of the reason why Maine struggles so much sometimes. They are absolutely awful along the boards.

Black Bear since D-2

I was at tonights game, and it was as bad as the stats say. No flow, no cohesion, and two five minute majors with ejections two to one. I bet tomorrow is better, but tonight was bad. At least it wasn't a shutout.
    Where did you stay? We always bunked in Hadley, ate well locally, and did our runs up the CT River before the Saturday games.

Good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Where did you stay? We always bunked in Hadley, ate well locally, and did our runs up the CT River before the Saturday games.

Good memories.
    We are currently in the car on the way back headed east, I'm with a few friends and we are staying at one of our houses. The arena is quite nice, their fans not so much.

Black Bear since D-2

We are currently in the car on the way back headed east, I'm with a few friends and we are staying at one of our houses. The arena is quite nice, their fans not so much.
    It used to be a tradition for the students to stand until UMass scored.

That used to take some time. Occasionally the entire game v. Maine.

Not so much of a problem these days.

I watched one and a half periods on tv then went to Netflix. I just saw all the same problems reds teams have had combined into one game.

Also, something clicked in my head about part of the reason why Maine struggles so much sometimes. They are absolutely awful along the boards.
    That and the numerous turnovers and inability to carry the puck out of the d zone, etc etc.
    Reds system.

That and the numerous turnovers and inability to carry the puck out of the d zone, etc etc.
    Reds system.
    I wonder how often a team plays three weekends in a row away from home. Not that Maine would have necessarily won, but the horrible scheduling really irritates me and it certainly played a part in the lousy performance last night.

Reds system.
    Another thing I noticed was how Maine tried to go D-to-D nearly every time to set up a play if they won a draw in the offensive zone, and it became so predictable that Carvel would just send a guy streaking up the middle to cut off the points every time, and it kept working and earned UMass several easy breakouts and even a few odd-man rushes.

Thread Information