X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    How do you not score 2 on goalie..

No 34 hit a couple posts. No 4 ringed one off cross bar. So so close.

Lose your poise and fire it into the goalies pads after bunching too close with nobody a country mile around.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Lose your poise and fire it into the goalies pads after bunching too close with nobody a country mile around.
      Ha, yuhh

Comment

Actually turned into a good game. Maine picked it up 2nd and 3rd periods.
        Omaha is a good team, physical and good behind net and on boards.

Comment

2-2... Going to OT.
          May the best team win.
          Very entertaining game.
          43-40 Maine SOG.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Ha, yuhh
            43-40 SOG for Maine and 2-2 at end of 3 periods. To read the notes below, you’d think it would be about 5-1 Omaha. OT here we go.

Looking forward to Portland tomorrow.

Comment

SOG were 10-0, then 19-6, then... the 5-minute major.

Comment

Did good to get out of that with atie.
                Tomorrow's game should be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  Actually turned into a good game. Maine picked it up 2nd and 3rd periods.
                  Omaha is a good team, physical and good behind net and on boards.
                  Finally I think we found a team as undisciplined as Maine!

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    SOG were 10-0, then 19-6, then... the 5-minute major.
                    OK so not a win but... 2-2 tie with Nebraska-Omaha is better than a whack in the head. Now this makes a win in Portland tomorrow a way bigger deal.

Commercial St Pub at 11am tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there. Especially the Iowa guy who has driven all over the lower 48 in the last 3 days!!

Comment

UmassAmherst plays Denver on nesn plus in case anyone cares to watch more hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Finally I think we found a team as undisciplined as Maine!
                        More of a physical game than most hockey east teams play, and some scuffles after the game.
                        Both teams should be primed for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          It moved yeeeeears ago. And you realize the "lore" was pure, unadulterated marketing BS, right? Please tell me you know that.
                          Open again on commercial st, third owner I believe.

A bit of it's past.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2018/08/06/three-dollar-deweys-portland-maine-closes

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/07/30/living/food/storied-old-port-bar-three-dollar-deweys-closes-after-nearly-four-decades-in-business/

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/11/28/news/portland/maine-entrepreneur-says-hell-reopen-3-dollar-deweys-in-spring/
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 01-03-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Back at South Portland hotel.
                            I loved tonight’s game... classic college hockey. It did get physical and there appears to be no love lost between the two teams.

It appeared that Maine didn’t show up for the first sixteen minutes, then it was Katie-bar-the-door for the next four minutes and two periods.

Both goalies played well. There were a couple pings off the pipes.

Question... I honestly thought Maine was offside on their second goal. Omaha coach challenged the goal. It was reviewed and determined to be a goal. Shouldn’t there have been a penalty against UNO or coach Mike Gabinet for the rejected challenge? Delay of Game penalty?

The hockey game was number 24 for me this season, with 23 being NCAA D-1 and one being AHL.
                            The arena was number 105 for me, lifetime, and the seventh new one this season.

I will try to hit the pre-game get-together on Saturday, though I am one of those 60-year-old geeks that likes to be waiting in the lobby when doors open.

And Jeremy at Merrimack has assured me that they won’t start the 5 p.m. game (against UMass Lowell) without me being present, so that’s where I am headed at the conclusion of tomorrow afternoon’s contest.
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-03-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              Back at South Portland hotel.
                              I loved tonight’s game... classic college hockey. It did get physical and there appears to be no love lost between the two teams.

It appeared that Maine didn’t show up for the first sixteen minutes, then it was Katie-bar-the-door for the next four minutes and two periods.

Both goalies played well. There were a couple pings off the pipes.

Question... I honestly thought Maine was offside on their second goal. Omaha coach challenged the goal. It was reviewed and determined to be a goal. Shouldn’t there have been a penalty against UNO or coach Mike Gabinet for the rejected challenge? Delay of Game penalty?

The hockey game was number 24 for me this season, with 23 being NCAA D-1 and one being AHL.
                              The arena was number 105 for me, lifetime, and the seventh new one this season.

I will try to hit the pre-game get-together on Saturday, though I am one of those 60-year-old geeks that likes to be waiting in the lobby when doors open.

And Jeremy at Merrimack has assured me that they won’t start the 5 p.m. game (against UMass Lowell) without me being present, so that’s where I am headed at the conclusion of tomorrow afternoon’s contest.
                              Sounds like you enjoyed the game, I'm glad to hear it. What did you think of Alfond's atmosphere?

Comment

I enjoyed the Alfond Arena.
                                I liked the band.
                                You guys do a great job with your gift shop, but also with recognizing great moments and great team members in your rich history.
                                But mostly, I enjoyed the Maine fans around me... very knowledgeable and very friendly.
                                I even met Kent from Omaha, who flew in because he wanted to see his team play in an iconic place for college hockey... Orono, Maine.
                                I felt the same sense of excitement as he did about the whole experience.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-04-2020, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X