X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Not really...most of the story's on this issue have been vague at most...something happen, you don't get fired for nothing. But time will spell it out.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Ken Ralph needs to be replaced as badly as Red Gendron does.
      Hey every time I go to the rink or around the area, I am told he is a hockey guy and will get things done...I think the end of this season will spell where the Program is either going or is just too far gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        Ken Ralph needs to be replaced as badly as Red Gendron does.
        Why? Ken Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Not really...most of the story's on this issue have been vague at most...something happen, you don't get fired for nothing. But time will spell it out.
          Well, it did rule out anything involving any former or current players.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that he got caught coaching while drunk.

(Whoa..! Maybe that Red's problem, too!)

Comment

Well, it did rule out anything involving any former or current players.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that he got caught coaching while drunk.

(Whoa..! Maybe that Red's problem, too!)
            Ha-ha on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              I guess we all knew the good start would hit the wall, now we are on the Roller-Coaster ride the rest of the season(imo)...should be plain and simple that the Red Gendron era needs to end once the season gets done. As far as Jim Montgomery, who knows..? I mean I would in a heart beat say he's the recipe for Maine to begin a rebuild-retool and get Maine to be a solid Program again...but he has issues/baggage that most will not over look. In his case maybe some time off, get away from the game at any level would benefit him...take a full year off...BUT I would think/feel he's the type that can't and won't do that. I wish him all the best...and "IF" it happen that Maine would fired Gendron and bring in Montgomery...he would be where he belongs and at the same time give the Fan Base a shot in the arm that this Program is serious at changing the mindset and make hockey the key Program again...but we will see...and the rumors will swirl...101 Maine Sports. Most likely this will be better then what is in store for the rest of the season(???).
              Here's an idea: Bring Montgomery in next year as coach with P Kariya as his Assistant/Moral Guidance, Red retires/leaves a year early, Alfie and Guite stay on as assistants. Stephen King swoops in and pays Red out. We can dream can't we?

Comment

With all this talk of Montgomery, Red, and the coaching future, I think it's important to define what our expectations are. What do you want out of the modern Maine hockey program? Do you expect a team consistently ranked in the Top 10, going routinely to Frozen Fours, and winning national championships? Is your expectation to usually be in the national tournament, and then in a good year win a game or two and make it to the Frozen Four? Do you think the team should be close to .500 most years, with good years creeping up to 20-25 wins and a tournament appearance and a bad year dipping to 10 or so wins? Or do you think the future of the program is to be stuck below .500, with a good season being at or a little above .500 and a Garden trip? Knowing what you want and expect will better set us up to react to the coaching hunt, whenever that comes.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                  Here's an idea: Bring Montgomery in next year as coach with P Kariya as his Assistant/Moral Guidance, Red retires/leaves a year early, Alfie and Guite stay on as assistants. Stephen King swoops in and pays Red out.
                  I think you should be the AD.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    With all this talk of Montgomery, Red, and the coaching future, I think it's important to define what our expectations are. What do you want out of the modern Maine hockey program? Do you expect a team consistently ranked in the Top 10, going routinely to Frozen Fours, and winning national championships? Is your expectation to usually be in the national tournament, and then in a good year win a game or two and make it to the Frozen Four? Do you think the team should be close to .500 most years, with good years creeping up to 20-25 wins and a tournament appearance and a bad year dipping to 10 or so wins? Or do you think the future of the program is to be stuck below .500, with a good season being at or a little above .500 and a Garden trip? Knowing what you want and expect will better set us up to react to the coaching hunt, whenever that comes.
                    While Maine should aim high, I'd be satisfied -in this era of parity- with top 20 PWR pretty-much every year, an NCAA bid (say) every other year, and a deep run every so often.

In a word: "relevance".

Comment

I think you should be the AD.
                      Optionally, to encourage the University, Montgomery could sweeten the pot and offer to work the first year for exactly $4212 as penance.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                        Optionally, to encourage the University, Montgomery could sweeten the pot and offer to work the first year for exactly $4212 as penance.
                        You, sir, are a friggin' genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                          Love it! I know it’s far fetched but you have to think the university would be foolish to not at least reach to Monty. I’ve heard every rumor so far and I have no idea what he did. If it was infidelity, I can live with that, if it was drugs or alcohol related, I can live with that. All these people saying “he had a dui in his past!! No way we can hire him.” Have any of these people ever been to a game at the Alfond? Half of the arena is hammered and i can guarantee they’re not getting ubers home.
                          If it is something drug or alcohol related, we should embrace him and help him figure it out. This is the best player in Maine history, he’s done more for this program than any player in history. If he wants a crack at Maine hockey, let’s give him a go. The buzz would be back for sure and it would make for one hell of a movie. Hoosiers anyone? But still see it as a far fetched idea because of the moral high ground the university and some supporters stand on.

Comment

The Allen's is flowing early today!
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              The Allen's is flowing early today!
                              You best believe it! I’ve been smoking crack since dallas let Monty go I guess lol

Comment

Maine Hockey: HELP THE PROGRAM HAS FALLEN AND CAN'T GET BACK UP

Comment

Working...
                                X