Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1001

Thread: Maine

  1. #561
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post

    I remember Doug Friedman: he was captain of the 1993-94 BU team.

    Sean
    He made the team as a walk-on, if memory serves.

  2. #562
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    No doubt Nyquist had a much better career, but when it comes to raw talent I think Acquino was a lot better. We donít really talk about him much but him not working out was a big blow.
    Cream rises. I mean, Luc didnt make it anywhere. Ill concede the old point about the kid who got kicked out and played like 500 AHL games (Sill maybe) being talented. Its not like the other kid left and lit it up. As talented as like Billy Ryan based on his pro career. Not as talented as Gus, one of the best 5-10 forwards in Hockey East in the last 10-15 years.

  3. #563
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,300

    Re: Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Cream rises. I mean, Luc didnt make it anywhere. Ill concede the old point about the kid who got kicked out and played like 500 AHL games (Sill maybe) being talented. Its not like the other kid left and lit it up. As talented as like Billy Ryan based on his pro career. Not as talented as Gus, one of the best 5-10 forwards in Hockey East in the last 10-15 years.
    Nyquist was a special player, he was worth the price of admission.

  4. #564
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,798

    Re: Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Hockey-Reference.com lists 8 players born in Maine who played in the NHL:
    Code:
    NHL Players Born in Maine, United States
    Rk Player	    From-To   Pos   GP   G    A  PTS  +/-  PIM  Birth City      Birth Date  Death Date
     1 Danny Bolduc	    1979-1984  LW  102  22   19   41  -22   33  Waterville      1953-04-06
     2 Jon DiSalvatore  2006-2012  RW    6   0    0    0   -1    4  Bangor          1981-03-30
     3 Brian Dumoulin   2014-2020   D  342  11   70   81   55   92  Biddeford       1991-09-06
     4 Doug Friedman    1998-1999  LW   18   0    1    1    0   34  Cape Elizabeth  1971-09-01
     5 Garnet Hathaway  2016-2020  RW  221  22   30   52   24  274  Kennebunkport   1991-11-23
     6 Jeff Libby       1998-1998   D    1   0    0    0    0    0  Waterville      1974-03-01
     7 Greg Moore       2008-2010  RW   10   0    0    0   -2    0  Lisbon          1984-03-26
     8 Oliver Wahlstrom 2020-2020  RW    9   0    0    0   -2    4  Portland        2000-06-13
    I remember Doug Friedman: he was captain of the 1993-94 BU team.

    Sean
    Good stuff, as usual. Thanks.

    I didn't remember Libby getting a cup of coffee, but he and Moore are it.

    Does anyone know if Hathaway was recruited by Maine? I'd never heard of him before, but I don't follow the NHL much aside from those teams who have Bears on their rosters.

  5. #565
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,798

    Re: Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Cream rises. I mean, Luc didnt make it anywhere. Ill concede the old point about the kid who got kicked out and played like 500 AHL games (Sill maybe) being talented. Its not like the other kid left and lit it up. As talented as like Billy Ryan based on his pro career. Not as talented as Gus, one of the best 5-10 forwards in Hockey East in the last 10-15 years.
    Yeah that was Sill. Played in 93 NHL games, too. Still playing in Europe at age 31. He only appeared 6 times for Maine.

    That Sill-Czuba-Dekastrossa recruiting class was the handwriting on the wall for the end of the Whitehead Era, IMO, though it looks in hindsight that Sill was a lot better than he appeared to be back then.

  6. #566
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: Maine

    Jeff Libby's career ended prematurely when he lost his eye due to a severe cut from a skate.

  7. #567
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,798

    Re: Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Jeff Libby's career ended prematurely when he lost his eye due to a severe cut from a skate.
    That was a tragedy. I remember it. But I think that that happened after his NHL debut.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-23-2020 at 09:11 PM.

  8. #568
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    That was a tragedy. I remember it. But I think that happened after his NHL debut.

    I could be wrong. Half the time I am.
    You are correct. It happened in a AHL game against Lowell.

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    You are correct. It happened in a AHL game against Lowell.
    You gonna help him with the name of his bar next?

  10. #570
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Yeah that was Sill. Played in 93 NHL games, too. Still playing in Europe at age 31. He only appeared 6 times for Maine.

    That Sill-Czuba-Dekastrossa recruiting class was the handwriting on the wall for the end of the Whitehead Era, IMO, though it looks in hindsight that Sill was a lot better than he appeared to be back then.
    Then that kid Sweetland left way early for nothing.

    But the Abbott Diamond ONeill Flynn Darling class was ridiculous. Unfortunately the on ice coaching and commitment to team D/not blowing leads bit then big time. Seriously. Timís on ice coaching the last 3-4 years was a way bigger issue than recruiting

  11. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12,890

    Re: Maine

    Not to quibble too much with that list from hockeydb but neither Friedman nor Hathaway were born in Maine, though both grew up here. If we want to call them Mainers, fine, but then we have to give Jon DiSalvatore to Connecticut. But we'd probably get Eric Weinrich back, too.

  12. #572
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,723

    Re: Maine

    look at all those bc fans. might be 200

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  13. #573
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,723

    Re: Maine

    Fossier comes into zone, throws it back toward blueline so BC can get odd man rush and scores on a fat rebound. Same old ****
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  14. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fossier comes into zone, throws it back toward blueline so BC can get odd man rush and scores on a fat rebound. Same old ****
    Game done in first period again?

  15. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,999

    Re: Maine

    Swayman with 4 very big saves to keep it at 2-0. Some absolutely woeful defending by Maine in the 2nd half of that period.

  16. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Corner of Easy St. and Got-It-Made Blvd.
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Game done in first period again?
    I toyed with going back down to Brighton to Conte Forum and Iím sooo glad I didnít. Nice 1st Period. 2-0. Unfortunately about what I expected. Bears simply canít keep up with this BC team. Bears are going nowhere this season without a totally unpredictable turnaround. Sway looks overwhelmed by the pressure and endless offensive barrage. Should be 4-0. He is playing well.

  17. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Corner of Easy St. and Got-It-Made Blvd.
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Swayman with 4 very big saves to keep it at 2-0. Some absolutely woeful defending by Maine in the 2nd half of that period.
    WOW!! Well well itís 2-2. How did that happen?? I eat my words for the time being.

  18. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,406
    New recruit....
    https://twitter.com/SamDuerr2/status/1220562045231341569?s=20

  19. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Corner of Easy St. and Got-It-Made Blvd.
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    WOW!! Well well itís 2-2. How did that happen?? I eat my words for the time being.
    Very nice goal by Drobot. Momentum has clearly shifted.

  20. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    New recruit....
    https://twitter.com/SamDuerr2/status/1220562045231341569?s=20
    Really donít get this. How many dmen does Maine need?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •