Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

I’m not that surprised. Chill out

Comment

It wasnt fake cash. Burrows said so after that fake report came out.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Michigan adds Shoop to its staff, meaning all plays will be run out of the shotgun BANG what's up with that thang?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Michigan adds Shoop to its staff, meaning all plays will be run out of the shotgun BANG what's up with that thang?
          *resists the urge to finish the rhyme*
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            And now it's in my head.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mark Dantonio retires at Michigan State. Says he'll stay on in a special advising role or something like that.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Mark Dantonio retires at Michigan State. Says he'll stay on in a special advising role or something like that.
                Probably given 2 choices. Fire or retire.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Rumored NC$$ violations forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Rumored NC$$ violations forthcoming.
                    ESPN is all over the odd timing of this retirement. I think they are ready to jump all over the next story.

Comment

So it seems no one worth a dam wants the MSU job. Quelle surprise.

Comment

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ofitloss-sheet

Not that this news is shocking to anyone around here, but it did open my eyes to one of the consequences of us not getting this COVID thing figure out by next Fall Wasn't thinking this could be a factor for that long of a term, but here we are...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Not that this news is shocking to anyone around here, but it did open my eyes to one of the consequences of us not getting this COVID thing figure out by next Fall Wasn't thinking this could be a factor for that long of a term, but here we are...
                          Yeah, this could get VERY interesting, and I don’t think any option of playing games in some way, shape, or form is off the table.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I mean, we could just end college athletics. It's supposed to be about education after all.

For that matter, we could end athletics. Why are we still doing this? It was Muscular Christianity from the 1880s.

End athletics and have Professional F-cking Leagues. That would get ratings. And College F-cking would be extremely popular. Particularly the SEC and Pac 10.

Not so much the Ivies.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Large schools eating $15 mil for the small sports shouldnt be an issue.

It's the have nots who are in trouble.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Large schools eating $15 mil for the small sports shouldnt be an issue.

It's the have nots who are in trouble.
                                I'd actually be interested in a more in-depth look at this.

Here's a site with budgets for FBS and FCS conferences and schools.

The MAC's average budget is the following:

42% Institutional Support
                                22% Student Fees
                                11% NCAA/Media distributions
                                6% Donors
                                5% Guarantees (this one surprises me)
                                All other below 5%

Big XII

32% NCAA/Media distributions
                                28% Donors
                                21% Ticket Sales
                                11% Sponsorships
                                All other below 6%

Now, obviously, these are just percentages, and the Big XII pulls in around 3x as much revenue, and it does take a certain "flat rate" to have athletics in the first place, so the MAC could be treading water as it is, but based on that the MAC actually has a more "stable" budget, barring school getting canceled, but if that happens there's no football anyway. You're right in that the bigger schools have way more money to take a hit with, but if the games go on with limited crowds, the Big XII loses 20% of their revenue, while the MAC loses less than 5%.

I think if anything kills these sports, it's the loss of NCAA distribution from the tournament getting canceled. They only paid out about a third of their usual amount, and that was after digging into reserves.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X