Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’m sad. This one hurt.
    I cannot count myself as a Gopher FB fan, but I was feeding off the energy of the fans I know. I wanted it for them and the boys on the team. The fans had so much hope, and the team put in so much work...today was disappointing. The season, however, success.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bama might be dead but if Georgia beats LSU, still probably gonna have two SEC teams in.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Alabama is still a shoe in for the CFP right?
        90% in
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Alabama was 8-0 before Trump's visit and 2-2 since. #ETTD
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Cbssports.com is projecting Bama to the citrus bowl vs va tech

Comment

Nick, stop whining

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...Sy7?li=BBnb7Kz
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Poor baby.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Pay attention next time. Like you are supposed to do

Comment

Definition of butt hurt. It was a brilliant move.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

His buddy bellicheat knows the rules

Tricky nick should too

Comment

So heading into the conference championship weekend, it would appear that this is where the playoff landscape sits:

Locks: Ohio State and LSU. From everything I've read, OSU and LSU are likely in regardless of whether they win next weekend. The Buckeyes obviously shredded the Badgers earlier, and a loss this next weekend would likely be offset by the previous victory. LSU played a pretty strong schedule and even with a loss to Georgia, the Tigers are likely in. Obviously, if there were a few key injuries and a blowout loss by either of these two teams, they may get bumped out, but for now, they are essentially locks to make the playoffs.

Win and you're in: Clemson and Georgia. While an argument could be made that Clemson should be in the same boat as the Buckeyes and LSU (i.e. even with a loss, they are "unequivocally" better than the other conference champions), given their relatively weak schedule, the Tigers need to beat Virginia to make the Playoff. If the Bulldogs knock off LSU, they will certainly be in. If either of these squads loses, they will be going to a New Years Six Bowl instead of the Playoff.

Win and need some help: Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Wisconsin. I'll start with the obvious: the only way any of these teams have a shot to make the Playoff are if they win, and Georgia and/or Clemson lose. Wisconsin probably needs to beat Ohio State, and win big. No 2-loss team has ever made the Playoff. However, if the Badgers blow out the Buckeyes, they will at least be in the mix, as they would have beat four top-20 teams (Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, and Ohio State), and three of them (Michigan, Minnesota, and OSU) in convincing fashion. The Oklahoma-Baylor winner will also be in the conversation. The Big 12's best shot to get a team in is if Oklahoma wins, as the Sooners would have two top-15 wins (both against Baylor, once on the road, once at a neutral site), while Baylor's would only have one (against Oklahoma). Indeed, I think if Oklahoma wins (and either Georgia and/or Clemson lose), they will be the fourth team in, regardless of what happens with Utah. Speaking of the Utes, if they beat Oregon, that will likely be their only top-20 win. As a result, Utah may need to throttle the Ducks (and may need some help) to get in the Playoff. In sum, for this group (presuming again a Georgia and/or Clemson loss), it probably shakes out as follows: Oklahoma - Win and you're in; Utah - Win big coupled with Baylor win, and they are in; Baylor - Win coupled with a Utah with a narrow victory or a loss, and an Ohio State victory or a narrow Wisconsin victory, and the Bears get in; Wisconsin - Crush the Buckeyes, Oregon win, and Baylor win.

I think LSU has been the best team in the country all season, so I think they beat Georgia. Ohio State should knock off Wisconsin, and I believe that Clemson will get by Virginia. Oklahoma should also take down Baylor, so I believe the Playoff will be: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oklahoma. Clemson will be the #3 and Oklahoma will be the #4. The fight for #1 will be fierce. LSU would have beaten Texas (on the road), Florida (a Top 10 team), Auburn (a Top 12 team), Alabama (a Top 10 team on the road), and Georgia (a Top 10 team at a neutral venue). That's four top-12 teams, and a big name non-conference win. Ohio State would have beaten Wisconsin twice (a Top 15 team), Penn State (a Top 12 team), and Michigan (a Top 15 team, on the road). That's four wins over teams in the Top 15. Ohio State hasn't played a close game all season (only one game decided by less than three scores (Penn State, victory by 11)), while LSU has escaped with three wins by seven points or less. In other words, LSU probably has the better strength of schedule in the eyes of the committee, but Ohio State has been more dominant in its victories. It will likely come down to how these squads look next weekend. Personally, I think LSU is the better team, but I believe OSU will likely have the more impressive performance next weekend. Therefore, my Playoff prediction would be:

#1 Ohio State v. #4 Oklahoma (Peach Bowl, Atlanta, GA)
                        #2 LSU v. #3 Clemson (Fiesta Bowl, Glendale, AZ)
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I wonder how hot Dantonio's seat actually is.
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

And I just read that Schiano is going back to Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              I wonder how hot Dantonio's seat actually is.
                              He's toast.

Comment

This might be unfair but if Wisconsin beats Ohio State and doesn't make playoff while OSU still does...please just get rid of conference championship games. Ohio State already beat Wisconsin but if you're gonna prop up these championship games you gotta reward the winners.

We really need to see Clemson-Virginia?

Oklahoma already won at Baylor but now has to beat them on a neutral field?

The only one that really intrigues me is LSU-Georgia and even then Georgia lost at home to a horrendous South Carolina team. LSU shouldn't even have to play/beat Georgia in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                                X