Primelink 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primelink 2019

Norwich is 7-0 ... Middlebury is 3-1 ... Plattsburgh has it going after a slow start.
    Has any one got a scouting report on the Bluegolds?
    So who is going?
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-24-2019, 12:40 PM.

Re: Primelink 2019

Middlebury may be 3-1 going in to the Primelink tourney, but from what I've seen they are not in Norwich's class. I realize that you never know when these rivals come together, but I think Norwich by 5 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
      Middlebury may be 3-1 going in to the Primelink tourney, but from what I've seen they are not in Norwich's class. I realize that you never know when these rivals come together, but I think Norwich by 5 goals.
      Sadly, this rivalry has lost a lot of its luster. I'd love to see it come back to what it was, but Middlebury has struggled in the last few years. It will be interesting to see what happens now that all 3 of the founding coaches have moved on.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Norwich is 7-0 ... Middlebury is 3-1 ... Plattsburgh has it going after a slow start.
        So who is going?
        UWEC Bluegolds are 6-0-1!
        Some tournament!

Comment

I won't be in my home town of Plattsburgh NY, but will be watching my favorite team from Vt the Norwich Cadets! Don't think the Cards or the Panthers have it in them yet, predicting Maroon and Gold vs Blue and Gold final. Should be a great weekend of play. Go Cadets!
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Record wise...best the PrimeLink field has been in quite awhile.

7-0-0 Norwich
            6-0-1 Eau Claire
            3-1-0 Middlebury
            3-3-1 Plattsburgh

In no way would I be shocked if any of the four teams won. Norwich probably the early favorite, but Eau Claire has put together a nice season to date and has been a strong team out West for the last decade. Middlebury is off to its best start in years and will be eager to try and correct its recent history vs. Norwich. Plattsburgh always tough out at the Stafford.

Should be four great games!
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              So who is going?
              The Blugolds are a veteran group with a 6 - 0 - 1 record, the only unbeaten team in the West Region.
              Averaging 3.71 goals per game, while allowing just 1.29 goals per game.
              Have a balanced attack with 14 different goal scorers.
              Jr. Zach Dyment has been very good in the net with 1.14 goals allowed and a .95 save %.
              One weak link is their PP conversion: just 9.4% (3 of 32).
              PK has been solid @ 91% (2 of 31).
              IMO, they are the favorite to win the WIAC conference title this season.
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

looks to be a very good lineup for the weekend-it doesn't matter what day you go(or both)-you will see some very good hockey-look foward to this tournament every year

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
                  looks to be a very good lineup for the weekend-it doesn't matter what day you go(or both)-you will see some very good hockey-look foward to this tournament every year
                  Always - hopefully there are no streaming issues. Just looking forward to games.

Comment

[QUOTE=PrezdeJohnson09;6870577]Record wise...best the PrimeLink field has been in quite awhile.

7-0-0 Norwich
                    6-0-1 Eau Claire
                    3-1-0 Middlebury
                    3-3-1 Plattsburgh

In no way would I be shocked if any of the four teams won. Norwich probably the early favorite, but Eau Claire has put together a nice season to date and has been a strong team out West for the last decade. Middlebury is off to its best start in years and will be eager to try and correct its recent history vs. Norwich. Plattsburgh always tough out at the Stafford.

Should be four great games![/QUOTE

It should be a great tourney with an improved Midd @ 3-1 and a very strong team from the West
                    Steve Day(NU71)
                    Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Always - hopefully there are no streaming issues. Just looking forward to games.
                      I know! The travesty! What will people complain about if there are no streaming issues or the commentary isn't subpar
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        I know! The travesty! What will people complain about if there are no streaming issues or the commentary isn't subpar
                        Or the lack of a time clock...
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Or the lack of a time clock...
                          I solved that with my clock app

Comment

If the game video dies on me, I will sign onto WDEV and listen to the game from there. However, it is a lot more fun to watch the game, and besides, it gives me a dose of Northern Medicine! Love Florida, but the closest hockey game is an hour away with the Tampa Bay Lightning and nasty traffic there and back. I would love to go to one of their games, but tickets are soooo expensive, even in the nose bleed section. Tried to get a ticket to one of their Stanley Cup games, cheapest I could find was over $300! Maybe I will be able to afford it when I win the Florida Lottery! Even then it would not be the same as watching the Cadets, the Kreitzberg crowd and familiar opponents. I miss the games as much as I miss my close friends and the change of seasons (maybe not so much dead Winter and mud season {otherwise known as Spring}).

Hope a lot of NU fans make it to Plattsburgh for the games. Depending on the timing of the ferry, it use to take me less than an hour to get there from Barre/Montpelier. The Primelink has usually been a great indicator of potential NCAA play off contenders and ranks right up there in the list of holiday tournaments.

I work until 3 PM and depending on Black Friday traffic, should be home in time to tune into George with the pre-game coverage. Good Luck Cadets!
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              If the game video dies on me, I will sign onto WDEV and listen to the game from there. However, it is a lot more fun to watch the game, and besides, it gives me a dose of Northern Medicine! Love Florida, but the closest hockey game is an hour away with the Tampa Bay Lightning and nasty traffic there and back. I would love to go to one of their games, but tickets are soooo expensive, even in the nose bleed section. Tried to get a ticket to one of their Stanley Cup games, cheapest I could find was over $300! Maybe I will be able to afford it when I win the Florida Lottery! Even then it would not be the same as watching the Cadets, the Kreitzberg crowd and familiar opponents. I miss the games as much as I miss my close friends and the change of seasons (maybe not so much dead Winter and mud season {otherwise known as Spring}).

Hope a lot of NU fans make it to Plattsburgh for the games. Depending on the timing of the ferry, it use to take me less than an hour to get there from Barre/Montpelier. The Primelink has usually been a great indicator of potential NCAA play off contenders and ranks right up there in the list of holiday tournaments.

I work until 3 PM and depending on Black Friday traffic, should be home in time to tune into George with the pre-game coverage. Good Luck Cadets!
                              I’ve watched every game this year, and thus far the only game I had any issues with has been the game AT Hobart. All the games (men and women) from Kreitzberg have been perfect. Hopefully, this luck will continue AT Plattsburgh!

Comment

Working...
                              X