Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Primelink 2019

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,311

    Primelink 2019

    Norwich is 7-0 ... Middlebury is 3-1 ... Plattsburgh has it going after a slow start.
    Has any one got a scouting report on the Bluegolds?
    So who is going?
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-24-2019 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    93

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Middlebury may be 3-1 going in to the Primelink tourney, but from what I've seen they are not in Norwich's class. I realize that you never know when these rivals come together, but I think Norwich by 5 goals.

  3. #3
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,796

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    Middlebury may be 3-1 going in to the Primelink tourney, but from what I've seen they are not in Norwich's class. I realize that you never know when these rivals come together, but I think Norwich by 5 goals.
    Sadly, this rivalry has lost a lot of its luster. I'd love to see it come back to what it was, but Middlebury has struggled in the last few years. It will be interesting to see what happens now that all 3 of the founding coaches have moved on.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Norwich is 7-0 ... Middlebury is 3-1 ... Plattsburgh has it going after a slow start.
    Has any one got a scouting report on the Bluegolds?
    So who is going?
    UWEC Bluegolds are 6-0-1!
    Some tournament!

  5. #5
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    949

    Re: Primelink 2019

    I won't be in my home town of Plattsburgh NY, but will be watching my favorite team from Vt the Norwich Cadets! Don't think the Cards or the Panthers have it in them yet, predicting Maroon and Gold vs Blue and Gold final. Should be a great weekend of play. Go Cadets!
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

  6. #6
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,555

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Record wise...best the PrimeLink field has been in quite awhile.

    7-0-0 Norwich
    6-0-1 Eau Claire
    3-1-0 Middlebury
    3-3-1 Plattsburgh

    In no way would I be shocked if any of the four teams won. Norwich probably the early favorite, but Eau Claire has put together a nice season to date and has been a strong team out West for the last decade. Middlebury is off to its best start in years and will be eager to try and correct its recent history vs. Norwich. Plattsburgh always tough out at the Stafford.

    Should be four great games!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  7. #7
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,587

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Norwich is 7-0 ... Middlebury is 3-1 ... Plattsburgh has it going after a slow start.
    Has any one got a scouting report on the Bluegolds?
    So who is going?
    The Blugolds are a veteran group with a 6 - 0 - 1 record, the only unbeaten team in the West Region.
    Averaging 3.71 goals per game, while allowing just 1.29 goals per game.
    Have a balanced attack with 14 different goal scorers.
    Jr. Zach Dyment has been very good in the net with 1.14 goals allowed and a .95 save %.
    One weak link is their PP conversion: just 9.4% (3 of 32).
    PK has been solid @ 91% (2 of 31).
    IMO, they are the favorite to win the WIAC conference title this season.
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    burlington,vt
    Posts
    153

    Re: Primelink 2019

    looks to be a very good lineup for the weekend-it doesn't matter what day you go(or both)-you will see some very good hockey-look foward to this tournament every year

  9. #9
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,796

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by dwb View Post
    looks to be a very good lineup for the weekend-it doesn't matter what day you go(or both)-you will see some very good hockey-look foward to this tournament every year
    Always - hopefully there are no streaming issues. Just looking forward to games.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Primelink 2019

    [QUOTE=PrezdeJohnson09;6870577]Record wise...best the PrimeLink field has been in quite awhile.

    7-0-0 Norwich
    6-0-1 Eau Claire
    3-1-0 Middlebury
    3-3-1 Plattsburgh

    In no way would I be shocked if any of the four teams won. Norwich probably the early favorite, but Eau Claire has put together a nice season to date and has been a strong team out West for the last decade. Middlebury is off to its best start in years and will be eager to try and correct its recent history vs. Norwich. Plattsburgh always tough out at the Stafford.

    Should be four great games![/QUOTE


    It should be a great tourney with an improved Midd @ 3-1 and a very strong team from the West
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  11. #11
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,653

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Always - hopefully there are no streaming issues. Just looking forward to games.
    I know! The travesty! What will people complain about if there are no streaming issues or the commentary isn't subpar

  12. #12
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,555
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    I know! The travesty! What will people complain about if there are no streaming issues or the commentary isn't subpar
    Or the lack of a time clock...

  13. #13
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,796

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Or the lack of a time clock...
    I solved that with my clock app
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  14. #14
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    949

    Re: Primelink 2019

    If the game video dies on me, I will sign onto WDEV and listen to the game from there. However, it is a lot more fun to watch the game, and besides, it gives me a dose of Northern Medicine! Love Florida, but the closest hockey game is an hour away with the Tampa Bay Lightning and nasty traffic there and back. I would love to go to one of their games, but tickets are soooo expensive, even in the nose bleed section. Tried to get a ticket to one of their Stanley Cup games, cheapest I could find was over $300! Maybe I will be able to afford it when I win the Florida Lottery! Even then it would not be the same as watching the Cadets, the Kreitzberg crowd and familiar opponents. I miss the games as much as I miss my close friends and the change of seasons (maybe not so much dead Winter and mud season {otherwise known as Spring}).

    Hope a lot of NU fans make it to Plattsburgh for the games. Depending on the timing of the ferry, it use to take me less than an hour to get there from Barre/Montpelier. The Primelink has usually been a great indicator of potential NCAA play off contenders and ranks right up there in the list of holiday tournaments.

    I work until 3 PM and depending on Black Friday traffic, should be home in time to tune into George with the pre-game coverage. Good Luck Cadets!
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    If the game video dies on me, I will sign onto WDEV and listen to the game from there. However, it is a lot more fun to watch the game, and besides, it gives me a dose of Northern Medicine! Love Florida, but the closest hockey game is an hour away with the Tampa Bay Lightning and nasty traffic there and back. I would love to go to one of their games, but tickets are soooo expensive, even in the nose bleed section. Tried to get a ticket to one of their Stanley Cup games, cheapest I could find was over $300! Maybe I will be able to afford it when I win the Florida Lottery! Even then it would not be the same as watching the Cadets, the Kreitzberg crowd and familiar opponents. I miss the games as much as I miss my close friends and the change of seasons (maybe not so much dead Winter and mud season {otherwise known as Spring}).

    Hope a lot of NU fans make it to Plattsburgh for the games. Depending on the timing of the ferry, it use to take me less than an hour to get there from Barre/Montpelier. The Primelink has usually been a great indicator of potential NCAA play off contenders and ranks right up there in the list of holiday tournaments.

    I work until 3 PM and depending on Black Friday traffic, should be home in time to tune into George with the pre-game coverage. Good Luck Cadets!
    Iíve watched every game this year, and thus far the only game I had any issues with has been the game AT Hobart. All the games (men and women) from Kreitzberg have been perfect. Hopefully, this luck will continue AT Plattsburgh!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Primelink 2019

    Plattsburgh uses Boxcast. The SD broadcast is free. There is a fee to upgrade to HD.

  17. #17
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Plattsburgh uses Boxcast. The SD broadcast is free. There is a fee to upgrade to HD.
    For normal games thatís correct. I believe this weekís games will be video streamed on Vimeo through the Plattsburgh student TV station.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    For normal games thatís correct. I believe this weekís games will be video streamed on Vimeo through the Plattsburgh student TV station.
    Yes. Saw that on the site.

  19. #19
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Yes. Saw that on the site.
    Anyone else having issues getting the stream going?

  20. #20
    Go Wick!
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Essex Junction, Vermont
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Anyone else having issues getting the stream going?
    Yup😡

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •