Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    There was a solid crew of us that had tickets at Yost back in the day. We'd usually get together in between intermissions. There was Alton, Annette, Lord Sidious, Jen, KC(something or other), streaker, me, alfablue, trumpet, and probably a couple others that I'm missing. We all got to know each other pretty well. We'd usually go get something to eat after the games, sometimes at the U-M color commentator's bar. I remember one night Jen almost touched off a race riot in his bar. I'm still not sure how we didn't have a problem than night.

The last any of us really knew, Jen was living with her husband in a tent city...and then they got kicked out of that. Yes, you read that correctly, and it was probably exactly as any of us would imagine. I didn't hear anything else after that, until one evening at work someone PM'd me on Facebook asking if I remembered her. I said "yeah", and I had a feeling about what was coming next. Sure enough, it was the obituary. There was no doubt that it was her.
    That is an improvement from the last I had heard of her. The last I heard, she was living in her pickup truck and not married/seeing anyone. Yes you read that right.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow. I had no idea about any of this
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Wow. I had no idea about any of this
        I say this without judgement. She was a self-admitted functioning alcoholic. If she had other issues, I do not know about them.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I say this without judgement. She was a self-admitted functioning alcoholic. If she had other issues, I do not know about them.
          Well, yea, that part was not hidden. I didn't have her on Facebook or really talk to her outside of the few hockey related get togethers we crossed paths in, so I just went on what I saw here. I just figured she had moved on past the NCAA Hockey phase in her life when she stoped showing up around here.

I do admit that since forums are a dying thing, it's pretty common for people to just move on for one reason or another, so you kind of just get used to it if your only connection to someone is via a board like this.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

To lighten the mood, at the Denver F4 in '08, saw Darkness a few hundred feet away, so obviously yelled, "DARKNESS" a la Chappelle Show. Guy next to me, "Dude, you are gonna get your azz kicked!" Darkness yells back: HOVEN! What's up, man?"

The look on dude's face was priceless.

Comment

Anyone remember what NAPALM stood for? BOOM SHAK-A-LAK!

Comment

No...but god they were entertaining as hell sometimes
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I forgot about NAPALM, but BOOM SHAK-A-LAK will not be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I forgot about NAPALM, but BOOM SHAK-A-LAK will not be forgotten.
                    Nor will blinky the wonder chimp

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Nor will blinky the wonder chimp
                      lolololololol

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Nate-And-Phil and then I don’t recall the rest. I started the Nachos thread because those two had some 15 political threads on the fist page of the Cafe.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I also miss shrader and legal_hit.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No...but god they were entertaining as hell sometimes
                            I don't remember them as being all that funny, but a lot of the take downs of them were funny. They were more like those conservatives who try to be Conservative Jon Stewart -- nice idea but they always punched down and mistook cruelty/sarcasm for wit. And at times they were just this side of a incel thread.

We've had a couple righties here with a sense of humor, but those two were either bullies or, more likely, doing a boring bully bit to own the libs.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 11-25-2019, 09:59 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I don't remember them as being all that funny, but a lot of the take downs of them were funny. They were more like those conservatives who try to be Conservative Jon Stewart -- nice idea but they always punched down and mistook cruelty/sarcasm for wit. And at times they were just this side of a incel thread.

We've had a couple righties here with a sense of humor, but those two were either bullies or, more likely, doing a boring bully bit to own the libs.
                              nate91b was a total fraud. He came on here touting his military background, claiming the 91B was his military assignment code (machinegun operator, I think). Then HankWP had enough, ended getting himself banned for running a series of Google searches on Nate to find out his real name, his location and his actual military record. Nate was a medic during peacetime operations, and never stationed overseas. I would say being a medic is far more admirable, and a useful profession when leaving the service, though not macho enough for him.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Actually when they first started nate and phil were not that bad. In fact some thought they were just a Lefty trying to troll. (much like with Flag) They mostly just posted Drudge Report stuff and got destroyed for it. They would even show up on the hockey side of the board and discuss sports Much like Flag though they went off the deep end as the war kept going. A lot of the crap we use today to mock Cons are references to stuff they used to say. (they were big on the "Why Do You Hate America?" bit) nate started to get SUPER angry and phil was always egging him on. (for a while I thought they were the same person but someone I believe said they met one of them) By the end they made the board awful which is why I was away when Hank did what he did...though I wish I had seen it. Hank was wrong, but man was it needed.

Didnt we think Blinky was one of the BC guys for a bit? I usually ignored his posts because they were like Trump tweets. Reading them hurt my brain.

The problem with this board (and a lot of message boards in general) is, that if you have a bit and it works it can get pretty crazy around here and a lot of fun. If you get too far into the bit though not only will things turn on you but it can make you very angry very fast. It is why some of us have trouble seeing how bad people get. Kepler used to have good convos with Bob Gray and joe so he cant see how far they fell off the deep end. Once the Persecution Complex comes into play it is all over. Some go full on troll like nate and phil, some go schizo like Flaggy...and some run away like Bob Gray.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X