Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware The Ides of November

Re: Beware The Ides of November

Oswego breaks the shutout while up two men. 9-1 final.

4 guys from Oswego are disqualified and can't play in the next game against Hobart

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Oswego breaks the shutout while up two men. 9-1 final.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    4 guys from Oswego are disqualified and can't play in the next game against Hobart
    How do I put this politely ó you need to read the rule book.

9 goals and no points for Keenan or Romano. Who'da thunk it?

Geneseo PP now clicking at 40%.
    Last edited by geneseo; 11-17-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    Iíll put it more politely than Russell and with an explanation.

None of the Oswego players that received Game Misconducts are forced to sit out next game by NCAA rules. Coach Gosek can certainly choose to take his own disciplinary action but you only are forced to miss the next game by NCAA rules if you get a Game Disqualification, which none of those four received, at least by what is showing on the official box score right now.

Monday should be an interesting practice for Oswego. If I had to guess, there might not be many pucks and maybe even sticks involved.

The CCC has a fairly significant story building early this season. Nichols was picked to finish 3rd in the conference and is now sitting at 0-4 with games against Curry (3-1) coming up this weekend. It is quite possible that by the Thanksgiving break Nichols could stand at 0-6! Granted, they played two of the more traditionally top teams in the first two weeks of the season, but going o-fer against your main competition is not the way they anticipated starting the season. They are a talented team who should right the ship, but time is becoming their enemy.

The rest of the league seems to be following the preseason predictions, UNE and Salve at the top with Curry and Endicott close behind and Wentworth playing some good hockey, taking UNE to the limit last night. I am pretty sure they will surprise one of the top teas before the season ends!

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

None of the Oswego players that received Game Misconducts are forced to sit out next game by NCAA rules. Coach Gosek can certainly choose to take his own disciplinary action but you only are forced to miss the next game by NCAA rules if you get a Game Disqualification, which none of those four received, at least by what is showing on the official box score right now.

Monday should be an interesting practice for Oswego. If I had to guess, there might not be many pucks and maybe even sticks involved.
    I like Coach Gosek, but with this much undisciplined play and attitude, soul searching should start in the Coachís office. It appears at least a couple of those misconducts are from players running their mouth...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

I didn't see the box score, was just going by what the announcers said on the feed. That's good news at least.

Quote Originally Posted by prezdejohnson09 View Post
    iíll put it more politely than russell and with an explanation.

None of the oswego players that received game misconducts are forced to sit out next game by ncaa rules. Coach gosek can certainly choose to take his own disciplinary action but you only are forced to miss the next game by ncaa rules if you get a game disqualification, which none of those four received, at least by what is showing on the official box score right now.

Monday should be an interesting practice for oswego. If i had to guess, there might not be many pucks and maybe even sticks involved.
    "herbies" ???

I’ll put it more politely than Russell and with an explanation.

Um off the bus and onto the ice for a late night/early morning ...clears throat..."Skate".

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Um off the bus and onto the ice for a late night/early morning ...clears throat..."Skate".
    This is not what I would have expected to see from a Gosek coached team. There are some coaches (ahem!) that are known for this kind of thing, but much as I don't like Oswego, I'd never expect them to be that classless.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Thatís actually not allowed by the NCAA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    That’s actually not allowed by the NCAA anymore.
    In this day and age of PC,of course its not...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    I like Coach Gosek, but with this much undisciplined play and attitude, soul searching should start in the Coach’s office. It appears at least a couple of those misconducts are from players running their mouth...
    The soul searching started during the 2nd and 3rd periods...and continues...Hobart will provide a true test of whether anything was learned from Saturday night and practice this week.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Thread Information