• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson vs RPI 11/9/19

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    RPI 38, Ithaca 12

woo hoo

always good to beat the bombers
    Too little too late. We needed simply to beat SLU in football (which was likely) but came out flatter than a pancake for the first half and could never recover. Now we have no chance of an NCAA bid even if we do manage to beat an undefeated Union squad next week. But a successful season anyway and our 6th consecutive with a winning record.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Suspected you were conservative but a Tory?
      fixed
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        fixed
        Never met a dyslectic mathematician. Colorblind, yes, but dyslectic no.

Comment

Last win: March 8th, 2015.

That changes tonight.

Comment

Go Go Go you Red Red Red!!!!!!!!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Clarkson scores 1-0
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

Clarkson has taken a 2-0 lead, but now RPI has a power play coming up.

Comment

Power play ended without a shot on goal.

End of period, with Clarkson still leading, 2-0.

RPI appears to be wearing throwback uniforms, in the style of the 1984-85 era. Perhaps this is in honor of George Servinis' presence.

Comment

first twenty minutes and Clarkson appeared as a bit of a mismatch. They are a very big team in size and play that way. Their forecheck has been relentless and we have not been able to get started out of our own zone. Hope we can make a between period adjustment so that we can get some more space to move. Outshot 13-5 in spite of having the only power play of the period. Early part of this second period crucial as we have to strt to develop some chances or it will be a very long evening.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      first twenty minutes and Clarkson appeared as a bit of a mismatch. They are a very big team in size and play that way. Their forecheck has been relentless and we have not been able to get started out of our own zone. Hope we can make a between period adjustment so that we can get some more space to move. Outshot 13-5 in spite of having the only power play of the period. Early part of this second period crucial as we have to strt to develop some chances or it will be a very long evening.
                      We need to be faster coming out of our zone. I counted three times when our defensemen had room to skate and just stood there waiting for someone to pass to. We need to push the puck up before Clarkson can get set.
                      Clarkson is bigger and faster, we need to slow them down. Take the body, this is not a non contact sport.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

Midway through the second, it's still 2-0 Clarkson.

RPI killed the only penalty of the period thus far. They've had a few chances, but little in the way of sustained pressure.

Comment

Score! Ashbrook.

Clarkson's lead is cut to 2-1.

Comment

Clarkson penalty with one second left in the second period.

Period ends with Clarkson leading, 2-1, but RPI may be getting a power play to start the third.

No, they won't either. RPI spent the one second remaining in the second period to take a penalty of their own, so the third period will start with a 4-on-4.

Comment

Much better period. We put some pressure on Clarkson and got one back. Only 2-1 with twenty minutes left in regulation.
                              Keep up the pressure. LGR
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                We need to be faster coming out of our zone. I counted three times when our defensemen had room to skate and just stood there waiting for someone to pass to. We need to push the puck up before Clarkson can get set.
                                Clarkson is bigger and faster, we need to slow them down. Take the body, this is not a non contact sport.
                                You said a mouthful. We are a second slow at every move especially in our own zone. Clarkson is not only pretty fast they are anticipating well and getting to pucks one stride ahead of us. Sometimes you need to change it up a bit and just pitch the puck out of the zone up high so they cannot keep it in at the points. if you can't skate through them then you have to flip it over them!

Comment

Working...
                                X