Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 89

Thread: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

  1. #1
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,365

    SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    RPI needs to come out ready to play and increase the intensity as the game progresses.
    They can play with any team, but they have to give a full 60 minute effort.

    Lets Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  2. #2
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    We seem to start out with the same statements of what we have to do every game. How about "Just Win Baby!!" I do not really care how we do it, what the stat sheet shows, just simply score more than the opposition in 3 twenty minute periods (or the occasional overtime). We look like a better team now than in the past few years but have to avoid those lulls during games where we sometimes just give it all away. Let's Go Red!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    About 10 miles from HFH
    Posts
    3,121

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    If they can avoid the “Ralph Baer Curse”, they should do well this weekend.
    See you tonight, RB!!

  4. #4
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,365

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    We seem to start out with the same statements of what we have to do every game. How about "Just Win Baby!!" I do not really care how we do it, what the stat sheet shows, just simply score more than the opposition in 3 twenty minute periods (or the occasional overtime). We look like a better team now than in the past few years but have to avoid those lulls during games where we sometimes just give it all away. Let's Go Red!!
    You make it sound so simple.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  5. #5
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,227

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics:

    Code:
    Ralph Baer         2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    Waite21            2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics

    Code:
    Ralph Baer        67-69-18 152 points  .494
    fr joe            49-69-14 112 points  .424
    engineerhockeyfan 30-54- 9  71 points  .382
    DrDemento         10-22- 6  26 points  .342
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    jericho            4-16- 0   8 points  .200
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ServinisScores     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

    For your listening pleasure:

    Fight Song
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

    Alma Mater
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3...ma%20Mater.mp3

  6. #6
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,576

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    I have a feeling this thread won’t be crowded tonight. It’ll be nice and short, like Ralph

  7. #7
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,227

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    I have a feeling this thread won’t be crowded tonight. It’ll be nice and short, like Ralph
    We haven't hit 100 posts yet this year.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-08-2019 at 04:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,227

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    When I arrived here, I read an email from the DC and Baltimore alumni chapters saying that they were going to show the Clarkson game tomorrow at a sports bar in Arlington. The game is being played in POTSDAM.

    They shouldn't try to scare me like that.

  9. #9
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    When I arrived here, I read an email from the DC and Baltimore alumni chapters saying that they were going to show the Clarkson game tomorrow at a sports bar in Arlington. The game is being played in POTSDAM.

    They shouldn't try to scare me like that.
    perhaps they were thinking of POTSDORF and the match between Professor Fate and the Great Leslie??
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  10. #10
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    You make it sound so simple.
    EHF: It is really easy - you just have to be willing to do what is necessary for as long as is necessary. Winning ugly is still winning. Too often we have given away a game as we seize a loss from the jaws of victory. Over the years we have had far too many late game or even late period goals given up and certainly late game penalties taken which have been a precipitating factor in many of those late goals. If we give the officials a chance to make a call against us, they will. Staying composed and playing smart is not what we have done in many games in the past. I think we may have more than most expected with this team and if the defense can coordinate and the goal tending holds up, we can make life very difficult for many opponents.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  11. #11
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,365

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    EHF: It is really easy - you just have to be willing to do what is necessary for as long as is necessary. Winning ugly is still winning. Too often we have given away a game as we seize a loss from the jaws of victory. Over the years we have had far too many late game or even late period goals given up and certainly late game penalties taken which have been a precipitating factor in many of those late goals. If we give the officials a chance to make a call against us, they will. Staying composed and playing smart is not what we have done in many games in the past. I think we may have more than most expected with this team and if the defense can coordinate and the goal tending holds up, we can make life very difficult for many opponents.
    I agree with everything you said, and I have high hopes for this team. But they still get flustered when they are pushed in the defensive zone.
    Our young defense will have to mature quickly if we are to advance this season. I do like their potential.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  12. #12
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,227

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19


  13. #13
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I agree with everything you said, and I have high hopes for this team. But they still get flustered when they are pushed in the defensive zone.
    Our young defense will have to mature quickly if we are to advance this season. I do like their potential.
    In my opinion you have focused exactly on where we need to. If this defense can work and communicate together we have the nucleus to work around and build upon. What has me excited is that although this is a young defense and already showing some signs of being able to control the tempo of the game for stretches of time. Fingers crossed here that this improves and matures and we will really have something.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  14. #14
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Watch carefully to see which side of the blue line GS comes out on as some will try to say he was off side again. Great to see him back at HFH. Cannot get enough of some of our legends coming back.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canmore, Alberta
    Posts
    2,934

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Is there anything in life that is more dependable than the fact that if one clicks on 'score updates' that you will get plugged in to RPI hockey? Love it!

  16. #16
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,072

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Probably will not be posting on the thread and just hoping i will get to see as much of the game as possible. We need the momentum that a win today can provide. Tomorrow will be even a bit more difficult but this weekend could really set the table if we can play to our potential.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  17. #17
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Short & Sweet - LGR!!!
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  18. #18
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,365

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Go Go Go you Red Red Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  19. #19
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Perry hit the mute button for the RPITV broadcast
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  20. #20
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: SLU vs RPI 11/8/19

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Go Go Go you Red Red Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fight fight fight you white white white
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •