Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

  1. #541

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Have you been taking Scooby pills? The point isn't to get conservaNazi's to vote to convict Chump in the Senate. The goal is to expose his crimes for all to see, then unleash holy hell on the Senators up for re-election who decide to go down with the ship (Collins, McSally, etc).
    Correct. Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, McSally, Tillis, Ernst, and Perdue are having a very, very, very, very bad morning.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  2. #542

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    And pence is implicated. Delicious
    Dense is the kind of guy who will backstab Dump and trust in the Lord. This could become interesting if he says anything to set Blubbermouth off.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  3. #543

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,555
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Wake me when a GOP senator says any of this will change their mind and they'll vote to convict.
    Unfortunately, I agree.

  4. #544
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Have you been taking Scooby pills? The point isn't to get conservaNazi's to vote to convict Chump in the Senate. The goal is to expose his crimes for all to see, then unleash holy hell on the Senators up for re-election who decide to go down with the ship (Collins, McSally, etc).
    I don't think you're supposed to admit the point of impeachment is to sway the next election. It's supposed to be to remove the sitting POS from office.

  5. #545

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to admit the point of impeachment is to sway the next election. It's supposed to be to remove the sitting POS from office.
    If it helps, the point would be to remove the President if the Republicans weren't traitors.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  6. #546
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,802

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    And pence is implicated. Delicious
    He and Mother will have to break into the regular sparking grape juice tonight to deal with this, instead of the sugar-free.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  7. #547
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Correct. Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, McSally, Tillis, Ernst, and Perdue are having a very, very, very, very bad morning.
    Collins is done no matter what. Murkowski might be the one Republican in the Senate with enough courage to actually vote to convict. The rest are too stupid or too afraid of Sniffles and his cult to do anything.

  8. #548

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Collins is done no matter what. Murkowski might be the one Republican in the Senate with enough courage to actually vote to convict. The rest are too stupid or too afraid of Sniffles and his cult to do anything.
    My take: Gardner is done, McSally is so stupid she'll immolate herself, Collins I don't understand how she survived last time so let's wait and see, Murkowski is smart enough and her machine is powerful enough she can probably survive by going "I", Tillis can make it as long as the NC GOP cheats again (which they will), and Ernst and Perdue only fall if there's a blue wave.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  9. #549
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,617

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wait, what? Is this real? Did he copy/paste?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  10. #550
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,617

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    We're talking about a man trying to sue an imaginary cow so..
    Driving into work this morning, I can't wait for someone to dress up as a cow and be first in line to sit in the gallery behind the witnesses. God that would just torch him all day.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  11. #551
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,617

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Correct. Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, McSally, Tillis, Ernst, and Perdue are having a very, very, very, very bad morning.
    What do you have against women in the Senate? ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; )
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  12. #552
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wait, what? Is this real? Did he copy/paste?
    Its very real. He actually said that

  13. #553
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,617

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    I'm behind, but watching now. When Sondland said the DNC server and BUrisma were important to the president, he paused and looked down the entire daius. I can't tell if that was a "Did you hear me, I just poured gasoline all over this mess and now I have a lit match" or what
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  14. #554
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    My take: Gardner is done, McSally is so stupid she'll immolate herself, Collins I don't understand how she survived last time so let's wait and see, Murkowski is smart enough and her machine is powerful enough she can probably survive by going "I", Tillis can make it as long as the NC GOP cheats again (which they will), and Ernst and Perdue only fall if there's a blue wave.
    Suzie and Limpy both got by because they mastered the bait and switch. Make lots of noise opposing President Bush then quietly vote with him. The usual tactic was to vote for cloture so the bill would advance to the floor and then vote against it (even though it was guaranteed to pass) and then get headlines for opposing (insert issue here) when the cloture vote was the meaningful vote. It also meant when organizations calculated a senator's rating it was always inaccurate. Collins was actually endorsed by the HRC and environmental groups in 2014 because she had so many "good" votes. No, she had many "good but inconsequential" votes and a lot of "bad but important" votes.

  15. #555

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Suzie and Limpy both got by because they mastered the bait and switch. Make lots of noise opposing President Bush then quietly vote with him. The usual tactic was to vote for cloture so the bill would advance to the floor and then vote against it (even though it was guaranteed to pass) and then get headlines for opposing (insert issue here) when the cloture vote was the meaningful vote. It also meant when organizations calculated a senator's rating it was always inaccurate. Collins was actually endorsed by the HRC and environmental groups in 2014 because she had so many "good" votes. No, she had many "good but inconsequential" votes and a lot of "bad but important" votes.
    TBH that means Collins is a helluva good politician. Like I said, let's wait before holding the wake just yet. She needs a double tap (mookie no!).
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  16. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    TBH that means Collins is a helluva good politician. Like I said, let's wait before holding the wake just yet. She needs a double tap (mookie no!).
    Collins has been a good senator for Maine and at this point is a victim of circumstance more than anything else. Im not sure wed be better off with someone else in there.

  17. #557
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    4,330

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Collins is done no matter what.
    I'm not that optimistic

  18. #558
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,608

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    TBH that means Collins is a helluva good politician. Like I said, let's wait before holding the wake just yet. She needs a double tap (mookie no!).
    No, go ahead mookie...

  19. #559

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Dump is watching Sondland's hearing. Nunes just left the room for an extended period. Purely a coincidence, I'm sure.

    Anybody call ahead to Walter Reed?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  20. #560

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,652

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Collins has been a good senator for Maine
    Not if she's supported Republican policies she hasn't.

    The thing Republican voters don't seem to understand is GOP policies hurt all states and constituencies (except the 1%). They typically hurt red states and constituencies more since they are lethal to the poor and lower middle class.
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-20-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •