Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Facts.
    I've seen no evidence to support that. If facts mattered Trump never happens.

Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I've seen no evidence to support that. If facts mattered Trump never happens.
    You asked what motivates Democrats. Dump happened because Republicans are motivated by fear and hate.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Taylor added some new information to his prior testimony that he said he wasn’t aware of when he appeared behind closed doors last month. He described a call that took place one day after Trump spoke with Ukraine’s president.

In the newly disclosed July 26 call, U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland spoke with Trump at a restaurant in the presence of a member of Taylor’s staff, he said.

The member of Taylor’s staff could hear Trump on the phone, “asking Ambassador Sondland about ‘the investigations,’” Taylor said. “Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward.”

“Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine,” Taylor said. “Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for.”
    Interesting...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    And this is exactly why Democrats fail at messaging. Republicans never shut up and never stop repeating things over and over and over again.
    That plays with their Dumbass base, who need stuff drilled into their heads. That they're predisposed to believe every bat**** crazy conspiracy theory that comes out of their representatives' mouthes doesn't hurt. There's a reason why Dumbass Donnie said he loves the poorly educated.

For anyone with half a brain that can think for themselves, it comes across as strident and aggressive. "Quit yelling at me, I got it the first time you said it."

And yeah, you can keep stressing the relevant facts of what Trump did that was illegal, unethical, and why he needs to be impeached over and over again til it sinks in.

Your "woe is me, the Republicans have rigged everything against us, and everything is lost, and why can't you people see that?" shtick is just old and tiresome. And not winning you any converts. We get it.

rock and roller
    Scooby will die a very happy and fulfilled man.

Ain't ever gonna happen. Scoobs is a "you kids get off my lawn" curmudgeon.

rock and roller
    Facts.
    And charisma.

Yep, still here

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Interesting...
    That gives Dump the option of burning Rudy. Now if that happens what does Rudy have on Dump?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

I cant believe Trump hasnt already burned Rudy. That is the easy way to deflect here. Although it would be hard to justify the "I never knew the man" for Rudy
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Ain't ever gonna happen. Scoobs is a "you kids get off my lawn" curmudgeon.
    No, I'm not. I invite the entire neighborhood to use my lawn. Especially the kids. I smile at them every time they walk by and I say "hello". I also don't mind if the neighbors have their dogs **** on my lawn. I appreciate the ones who pick it up, I do nothing to the ones that don't.

I will not die happy. I will not die sad, or angry either. I'll just die when the time comes.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I cant believe Trump hasnt already burned Rudy. That is the easy way to deflect here. Although it would be hard to justify the "I never knew the man" for Rudy
    ?? he's had no trouble denying knowing people who were in his back pocket before. The sheeple believe anything.

I'm not hearing anything out of today's hearing that is going to move the ball either direction.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

He did an excellent job doing it. The witnesses took it seriously.

He did an excellent job doing it. The witnesses took it seriously.
    no shock. tracking in the usual way.
    1. what are you talking about??
    2. never happened!! witch hunt!
    3. oh, everyone does it. Why are you upset about it.
    4. you should expect someone to do this thing! why are you so stupid to think they shouldn't do it!!
    5. Attack everyone who is credible. They have ulterior motives!! So any fact they state can't be true.
    6. CONSPIRACY!! [SQUIRREL!!!]
    7. sheep heads snap in the direction they are led, follow along and are led where ever they are pointed.*

*provide multiple different talking points, contradictory, so talking heads can focus on what ever the particular subgroup needs to hear

So, based on the fact checking that is being done the GOP Counsel AND Nunes are going full blown conspiracy theory on the bit during a serious proceeding. Going to be interesting to see the overall reporting on this. If it's like today's where they equated the Republican and Democratic memo's from last night as equivalent and competing narratives I am not hopeful.

The Never Trumper Republican crowd is not on board. They number 1% of the current Republican Party, and 0% of the current Republican Party platform.

So, based on the fact checking that is being done the GOP Counsel AND Nunes are going full blown conspiracy theory on the bit during a serious proceeding. Going to be interesting to see the overall reporting on this. If it's like today's where they equated the Republican and Democratic memo's from last night as equivalent and competing narratives I am not hopeful.
    Does it really matter what anyone says? They could stand up and recite nursery rhymes and the spin drs will say what ever the talking points are. More fascinating to look at international coverage. Less spin and more incredulousness at the spin that is occuring

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Does it really matter what anyone says? They could stand up and recite nursery rhymes and the spin drs will say what ever the talking points are. More fascinating to look at international coverage. Less spin and more incredulousness at the spin that is occuring
    Yes. We have to give "this" equal time.

Yes. We have to give "this" equal time.

Well, if you are drinking Koolaid you don't care what is actually said. You are going to be told what you are hearing. No matter how compelling anything being said is they will not hear it but will hear the filtered coverage. This goes for either side. I used to listen to the pressers and then listen to the coverage from both sides after. I couldn't even recognize what they said they heard

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Well, if you are drinking Koolaid you don't care what is actually said. You are going to be told what you are hearing. No matter how compelling anything being said is they will not hear it but will hear the filtered coverage. This goes for either side. I used to listen to the pressers and then listen to the coverage from both sides after. I couldn't even recognize what they said they heard
    And for the most part they are using talking heads to refute things. So far the witnesses are handling themselves. If you are listening to the actual testimony the GOP is trying to claim that the blackmail wasn't successful so it didn't happen. Totally ignoring that the blackmail failed because someone outed it in the press even though the previous testimony had stated that. Great soundbites. Esp when you know it will be cherry picked. They don't need to acknowledge any of the things being refuted.

Thread Information