Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

  1. #501
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    20,443

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Nunes again says Americans arenít buying the drug deal that the dems are cooking up.

    My god
    If anyone knows about cooking drugs, it's the guy who represents Visalia.

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  2. #502
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,915

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    In fairness, Dems wouldn't either if it was their prez. But then, Dems would never nominate such an azzclown.
    Stop with this nonsense. Dems 100% would be forcing another D to step down for being a fraction as incompetent as dump. I'll give you Al Franken vs Jim Jordan.

  3. #503
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,094

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Stop with this nonsense. Dems 100% would be forcing another D to step down for being a fraction as incompetent as dump. I'll give you Al Franken vs Jim Jordan.
    Are you comparing the relative importance to party that of a senator of less than two terms to the power and benefits that come with having the WH?

  4. #504
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Are you comparing the relative importance to party that of a senator of less than two terms to the power and benefits that come with having the WH?
    If a Democrat in the White House had done what Sniffles has done they would absolutely be out. There were actually Dems who argued that Bill Clinton should resign and that was over a ****ing *******, not treason.

  5. #505
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,915

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Are you comparing the relative importance to party that of a senator of less than two terms to the power and benefits that come with having the WH?
    I'm literally comparing a senator to a rep, as a way of showing that one party is capable of doing the right thing while the other simply is not. The only way you can try to both sides this is to ignore reality.

  6. #506
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    74,627
    Schiff is giving his final comments right now. And knocking it out of the park. Wow

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,094

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    I'm literally comparing a senator to a rep, as a way of showing that one party is capable of doing the right thing while the other simply is not. The only way you can try to both sides this is to ignore reality.
    Silly me. I thought you were comparing what the two parties would do to stand up for their pres, not what steps they would take to defend a congressperson in trouble, such as Franken.

    And I do agree with you, btw, that Rs would have handled Franken much differently than Ds did, had he been one of their own.

  8. #508
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,094

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Schiff is giving his final comments right now. And knocking it out of the park. Wow
    Good. Assuming Rs will give dump a pass for anything he does, it will be interesting to find out, when they have polled enough to know, whether that critical but narrow band of voters is paying close attention to this. Whether it changes minds or compels them to vote, either way.

  9. #509
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,385

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Good. Assuming Rs will give dump a pass for anything he does, it will be interesting to find out, when they have polled enough to know, whether that critical but narrow band of voters is paying close attention to this. Whether it changes minds or compels them to vote, either way.
    It changes very little. The 2020 election will be decided by suburban white women and urban blacks.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,915

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Silly me. I thought you were comparing what the two parties would do to stand up for their pres, not what steps they would take to defend a congressperson in trouble, such as Franken.

    And I do agree with you, btw, that Rs would have handled Franken much differently than Ds did, had he been one of their own.
    Stand up for vs cover up for. Those are not the same. A D pres would be completely done having done what Trump has.

  11. #511
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,212
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Schiff is giving his final comments right now. And knocking it out of the park. Wow
    What did he say?

  12. #512
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    74,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    What did he say?
    A lot. The main thing he said is the Republicans are only upset because President Trump got caught.

  13. #513
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    My favorite part (of what I listened to) was when Rep. Maloney asked Lt. Col Vindman to re-read the portion of his opening statement about his father bringing the family to the United States decades ago. Vindman spoke about how dangerous it would have been for his father to speak out about those in power in the Soviet Union and when Maloney asked why his father did not need to worry about him speaking the truth to power, Vindman said "because this is America ... Here, right matters." And many in the audience applauded.

    Almost made me proud again to be an American.

    *ETA link*
    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 11-19-2019 at 10:38 PM.

  14. #514
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,714

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    My favorite part (of what I listened to) was when Rep. Maloney asked Lt. Col Vindman to re-read the portion of his opening statement about his father bringing the family to the United States decades ago. Vindman spoke about how dangerous it would have been for his father to speak out about those in power in the Soviet Union and when Maloney asked why his father did not need to worry about him speaking the truth to power, Vindman said "because this is America ... Here, right matters." And many in the audience applauded.

    Almost made me proud again to be an American.

    *ETA link*
    Even back in the Gorby days, you did not speak against who's in power in Mother Russia.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  15. #515
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Even back in the Gorby days, you did not speak against who's in power in Mother Russia.
    And if we continue down the path we have been going down in the recent years, that will be what it will be like in Mother USA. In fact I'd say we're well on our way. Lt. Col Vindman is probably not going to mysteriously die. Probably. But I wonder how much more advancement he can expect in his military career.

  16. #516
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,714

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    And if we continue down the path we have been going down in the recent years, that will be what it will be like in Mother USA. In fact I'd say we're well on our way. Lt. Col Vindman is probably not going to mysteriously die. Probably. But I wonder how much more advancement he can expect in his military career.
    He's done. It's a manner of honorable or not.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  17. #517
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,186

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    My favorite part (of what I listened to) was when Rep. Maloney asked Lt. Col Vindman to re-read the portion of his opening statement about his father bringing the family to the United States decades ago. Vindman spoke about how dangerous it would have been for his father to speak out about those in power in the Soviet Union and when Maloney asked why his father did not need to worry about him speaking the truth to power, Vindman said "because this is America ... Here, right matters." And many in the audience applauded.

    Almost made me proud again to be an American.

    *ETA link*
    That part was freaking great.

  18. #518
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    And if we continue down the path we have been going down in the recent years, that will be what it will be like in Mother USA. In fact I'd say we're well on our way. Lt. Col Vindman is probably not going to mysteriously die. Probably. But I wonder how much more advancement he can expect in his military career.
    Per a report tonight, he has been moved to an undisclosed location for his safety.

  19. #519
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,699

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    ... suburban white women and urban blacks.
    where's the white women?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  20. #520
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    23,333

    Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    where's the white women?!?
    In the suburbs, can't you read?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •