This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Acting like there weren’t any other factors that led to McGovern being crushed decades ago other than “was too left” is the exact kind of analysis I’d expect out of Rover lmfao.

Comment

Good lord, watching trix and Rover go at it is like watching the Cripple Fight from South Park

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I thought that was rube’s job lol.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Most presidents are moderated after the election. It (was) the nature of the office, and need to compromise with a Congress that usually had a different agenda, even when one party controlled both branches.
          LBJ was the last Democrat to run Center and govern Left. I highly recommend this strategy. The right calls anything to the left of Hitler "Communism!" anyway so bring it.

Several Republicans have run Center and governed (Far) Right: both Bushes and Dump (who ran on "a pox on both your houses" but immediately fell into lockstep with the GOP radical right agenda).
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            LBJ was the last Democrat to run Center and govern Left. I highly recommend this strategy. The right calls anything to the left of Hitler "Communism!" anyway so bring it.

Several Republicans have run Center and governed (Far) Right: both Bushes and Dump (who ran on "a pox on both your houses" but immediately fell into lockstep with the GOP radical right agenda).
            The left calls anything to the right of Bernie "Alt-Right."

And nice uncalled-for shot at me, trixie.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              bs

I don't call any of the Democrats running towards the center Alt-Right.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                bs

I don't call any of the Democrats running towards the center Alt-Right.
                You might as well. Amy K to you is a commie rightie who has no business being a Democrat.....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You might as well. Amy K to you is a commie rightie who has no business being a Democrat.....
                  No. My problem with her has nothing to do with her policy positions. My problem with her is she thinks she can negotiate with terrorists. And what's funny about it is 5 minutes after she brags about being able to work with Turtle Boy she whines that he isn't allowing a vote on her bill.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Yeah, I think your thumb's on the scale on a few of these Kep! Duke = centrist? But conservaDems Clinton and Obama were leftists?? Could have fooled me from reading your comments out here.
                    Yup, Kepler dead wrong on his characterizations
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Passing laws to help colored and poor folks in the 60’s was running center?!?!

LBJ ran so far left he was personally responsible for the long term exodus of traditional Dems to the R party (which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Passing laws to help colored and poor folks in the 60’s was running center?!?!

LBJ ran so far left he was personally responsible for the long term exodus of traditional Dems to the R party (which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing)
                        No, he governed Left, which is the whole point of the distinction. Obama ran as Hopey Changey but governed as a centrist.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No, he governed Left, which is the whole point of the distinction. Obama ran as Hopey Changey but governed as a centrist.
                          This is what I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            LBJ ran in 64 as continued enactment of kennedy’s Lib policies.

Comment

OK, I guess that makes me a Nazi then.

You're better than this, Rube. Stop.

Comment

This is what I want.
                                So at least you admit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X