X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Just popped up on my Google feed from Faux News.

I smell BS...
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...sanders-report

President Obama privately said he would speak up to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) from becoming the Democratic presidential nominee, Politico reported Tuesday.

The former president reportedly said if Sanders held a strong lead in the Democratic primary, he would speak out to prevent him from becoming the nominee.
    Politico also described the relationship between Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Obama as “famously complicated.” The former president reportedly said in a private conversation that if Democrats supported her when she was considering a 2016 run, it would serve as a rejection of his economic policies.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just call the movie "Mr. Obama Goes to Wall Street".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Just call the movie "Mr. Obama Goes to Wall Street".
        Plutes gonna plute.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Plutes gonna plute.
          There are no plutes. You are just a Chicken Little being manipulated by Russian Intelligence.

Comment

Its more that I dont think they put in the effort to make the poll legit. I can poll my students today and if I ask the right questions I can make it say what I want. Seeing as a poll that was conducted around the same time (and gets an A- grade) completely contradicts it I will look beyond the weaker poll. Now if tomorrow a more reputable poll shows a similar trend then I will adjust my feelings on the matter.

I am not saying they are cooking the books, I just think something is off about their methods.

I will say though...if by some chance these numbers are the beginning of a trend...Bernie is in trouble. I highly doubt they are though.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              There are no plutes. You are just a Chicken Little being manipulated by Ukrainian Intelligence.
              fyp

Comment

So Rover was right...it is a Politico story. Pardon me if I roll my eyes a bit.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

fyp
                  We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Journalism used to have standards. It was a regulated profession with ethics, standards, and self-policing. It's not my fault that doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Journalism used to have standards. It was a regulated profession with ethics, standards, and self-policing. It's not my fault that doesn't exist anymore.
                      So...you got played for a dupe and its everyone else's fault?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        So...you got played for a dupe and its everyone else's fault?
                        Who's a dupe? This story is all over the Internet. Everyone has it.

To not be a dupe I would have to disregard every source that exists.

And, personally, I find this story entirely believable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I know a few people at politico and this makes me giggle

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I think that was in Tiger Beat on the Potomac, so I suggest we take it seriously and start a circular firing squad! I mean, its not like somebody who didn't have the Democrats best interests in mind would ever come up with a rumor like that, and even if they did Politico would never publish something like that, right?
                            Exactly. I'm sure it's perfectly coincidental that it's exactly the narrative the Republicans and the Russians (same thing) want to push.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who's a dupe? This story is all over the Internet. Everyone has it.

To not be a dupe I would have to disregard every source that exists.

And, personally, I find this story entirely believable.
                              Of course you do! I wouldn't expect anything different. Because if there's one thing Obama would certainly do, its wait until Sanders already has a runaway lead and THEN try to torpedo the guy! Thus ensuring a civil war within the party. He wouldn't try to take Sanders down beforehand mind you, he'd wait until Sanders already built a big lead. That's the premise of the article, using ever trusty anonymous sources.

Are you really this stupid, or is somebody paying you to be out here?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                So, he wants someone who can work with Turtle Boy like he did?
                                God you are a broken ****ing record...
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X