The List for the 2019-2020 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burd View Post
    My wife and I got married in a small country house we remodeled, attended by our parents and a justice of the peace. 40+ years later, it seems to have worked out fine.
    My wife and I got married on our lunch break by a judge I was clerking for at the time. I had health insurance, she didn't, and we were already engaged. 2 of our law school friends were our witnesses. Had the ceremony for friends and family 10 months later.

Comment

Re: The List for the 2019-2020 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      To be fair....it is HER wedding. She really has no obligation to bend to anyone's schedule except her's and your brother.'s
      This
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        My wife and I got married on our lunch break by a judge I was clerking for at the time. I had health insurance, she didn't, and we were already engaged. 2 of our law school friends were our witnesses. Had the ceremony for friends and family 10 months later.
        You would learn a lot about another person if you go through law school with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          To be fair....it is HER wedding. She really has no obligation to bend to anyone's schedule except her's and your brother.'s
          I know (truly).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I know (truly).
            I’ve had a family member who was super toxic like this. Yes, it’s their day. Easy to say when you’ve not felt the brunt of all their other bs for years.
            If you don’t wanna go, don’t go and simply say you’ve got other plans

Comment

I have ONE big vacation every year for the last 5 years or so. Everyone knows about it. My future SIL has a knack of making the family bend to her schedule.

Guess what week she scheduled the wedding for?

MOTHER-F*ING LIST. Especially since this is my brother's second wedding (he's a widower).
              You are in no way required to attend second weddings. If you can, great. If not, it does not reflect on you or your brother at all. Work it out with your brother so he and you are cool. If your future SIL throws enough of a fit maybe your brother will avoid a serious mistake.

Likewise, they're not obligated to schedule their wedding around you. It runs both ways.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                You are in no way required to attend second weddings. If you can, great. If not, it does not reflect on you or your brother at all. Work it out with your brother so he and you are cool. If your future SIL throws enough of a fit maybe your brother will avoid a serious mistake.

Likewise, they're not obligated to schedule their wedding around you. It runs both ways.
                I agree that they should schedule to their wants. Gonna talk with the family, navigate things. It's either going to be me not going, or me making a hellrun that morning from MI. I'll find out soon enough.....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

BTW, I want to thank you all for input. It does help to see things from outside the bubble.

Comment

BTW, I want to thank you all for input. It does help to see things from outside the bubble.
                    Is it too late to introduce him to a hot, intelligent lady with a great sense of humor?

Comment

Is it too late to introduce him to a hot, intelligent lady with a great sense of humor?
                      Yes, but I'm listening.

Comment

You would learn a lot about another person if you go through law school with them.
                        And yet somehow my SIL still married my brother. They went to law school together, even did a semester abroad together. 19 years after they started law school, they're still together.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          And yet somehow my SIL still married my brother. They went to law school together, even did a semester abroad together. 19 years after they started law school, they're still together.
                          Well, you also learn about yourself. Sharks like sharks.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Well, you also learn about yourself. Sharks like sharks.
                            Q: When lawyers swim in the ocean, why don't sharks bite them?
                            A: Professional courtesy.

I'll see myself out.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

For literally having tents in the parking lot for the visiting team to change and shower in for an FCS playoff football game, Nicholls State University is on The List.

For allowing, deeming such facilities as "suitable for a championship event", the NCAA is on The List.

Female athletes would never be expected to change or shower in a tent in a parking lot.

Somebody get a banjo and fire up the Nicholls State school song ...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...47tUwY.twitter

Before you ask ... UND's home field.
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-25-2019, 04:44 PM.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                For literally having tents in the parking lot for the visiting team to change and shower in for an FCS playoff football game, Nicholls State University is on The List.

For allowing, deeming such facilities as "suitable for a championship event", the NCAA is on The List.

Female athletes would never be expected to change or shower in a tent in a parking lot.

Somebody get a banjo and fire up the Nicholls State school song ...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...47tUwY.twitter

Before you ask ... UND's home field.
                                That is bush

Comment

Working...
                                X