The List for the 2019-2020 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The List for the 2019-2020 Season: Episode 1

In my job, when the crew for a particular flight runs out of allotted rest time and can’t fly we refer to that as the crew “dropped dead”. Always fun to get the new folks with that.

“Why isn’t this plane leaving yet?”
    “The crew dropped dead.”
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      In my job, when the crew for a particular flight runs out of allotted rest time and can’t fly we refer to that as the crew “dropped dead”. Always fun to get the new folks with that.

“The crew dropped dead.”
      Funny. I've always heard that called "timing out".

Comment

Listed - The leave manager at work has now submitted unpaid time off for me - incorrectly - several times. Two days in a row. I did it right, then he changed it and it was wrong. He asked me again, and I told him the right way, so he changed it to the right way (with a few mistakes, which I had to correct). Then today he changed it back - to the WRONG way. Now he's changing it back again - the right way.

For pete's sake. The paperwork and months of repeated phone calls have been a full time job. My mom said yesterday "can you imagine what would happen if a normal person had to deal with this?" ("normal" being someone who trusts that things are done correctly and doesn't verify everything. she meant it in a good way.... I think )
        Last edited by jen; 11-22-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

“The crew dropped dead.”
          Don't they run out of allotted flight time?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

“The crew dropped dead.”
            I've heard of dead-heading, but not that.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              We on the Ramp are not as kind with our words.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I have ONE big vacation every year for the last 5 years or so. Everyone knows about it. My future SIL has a knack of making the family bend to her schedule.

Guess what week she scheduled the wedding for?

MOTHER-F*ING LIST. Especially since this is my brother's second wedding (he's a widower).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oof
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Timed out, dropped dead, turned into a pumpkin, we have several ways of saying it.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I have ONE big vacation every year for the last 5 years or so. Everyone knows about it. My future SIL has a knack of making the family bend to her schedule.

Guess what week she scheduled the wedding for?

MOTHER-F*ING LIST. Especially since this is my brother's second wedding (he's a widower).
                    So, the same reason I missed it for two years?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Timed out, dropped dead, turned into a pumpkin, we have several ways of saying it.

So, the same reason I missed it for two years?
                      Yep. If it were an "oh, crap, well that sucks," fine. But this has been a habit for the past 4 years....the family bends to HER wishes.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yep. If it were an "oh, crap, well that sucks," fine. But this has been a habit for the past 4 years....the family bends to HER wishes.
                        She’ll keep doing it, too. Sounds like she gets away with it.
                        I hope someone stands up to her

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          She’ll keep doing it, too. Sounds like she gets away with it.
                          I hope someone stands up to her
                          It might be me. I'm seriously thinking about it.....

Comment

To be fair....it is HER wedding. She really has no obligation to bend to anyone's schedule except her's and your brother.'s
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              To be fair....it is HER wedding. She really has no obligation to bend to anyone's schedule except her's and your brother.'s
                              That's the rub. It's their 2nd wedding, and it may be just me, but a second wedding? Not like the first. And they've been engaged for 3 years. Finally (not kidding) gave in to pressure to set a date.

FTR: my ex and I were going to have parents, a best man/bridesmaid, and then a witness (each would have had one), and that's it, for the ceremony. Reception: open.

Comment

That's the rub. It's their 2nd wedding, and it may be just me, but a second wedding? Not like the first. And they've been engaged for 3 years. Finally (not kidding) gave in to pressure to set a date.

FTR: my ex and I were going to have parents, a best man/bridesmaid, and then a witness (each would have had one), and that's it, for the ceremony. Reception: open.
                                My wife and I got married in a small country house we remodeled, attended by our parents and a justice of the peace. 40+ years later, it seems to have worked out fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X