2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    When my brain thinks "Lindenwood goaltender" and then sees a combination of letters something like this, it automatically reads it as "Hensley".
    Lucky for the Lakers.... no Hensley in net. Lakers get the win 3-0 with 2 goals from Nuutinen and 1 from Isbell. Shots were 41 -13 in favor of Hurst.

Comment

A nice sweep by the Lakers Friday and Saturday, out-scoring the Lions 10-2 with the two wins. No games next weekend, giving the girls a good rest and allowing some injuries to heal. Back in action Nov 15, on the road against Clarkson. Should be a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
        A nice sweep by the Lakers Friday and Saturday, out-scoring the Lions 10-2 with the two wins. No games next weekend, giving the girls a good rest and allowing some injuries to heal. Back in action Nov 15, on the road against Clarkson. Should be a good test.
        Nuutinen has 17 pts.

Mercyhurst's third line seems to be back on track after a strong showing the last third of last year. They had a string showing against Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          Nuutinen has 17 pts.

Mercyhurst's third line seems to be back on track after a strong showing the last third of last year. They had a string showing against Lindenwood.
          Yes, lots of positive storylines right now. 4 players averaging a point or more per game, strongest win loss record at this point in a few years, sitting at 7-2-1. Strength of schedule is part of it, but it looks like the team has perhaps taken a step forward when considering they swept their opening series against Lindenwood and RIT, something they failed to do last year. Kennedy Blair is strong in net, having recently won the goalie of the month award for the CHA. In the game vs UConn, the Lakers were surprising out shot, and Blair only gave up one goal, a power play goal, giving them every chance to win the game which they eventually did. Meghan Korzack, a Junior, has 5 goals on the season, almost matching the six she scored in her first two years. Perhaps my favorite - tri captain Michele Robillard put up a hat trick last week against Lindenwood, when Vasko was out of the lineup. Robillard is a sneaky good finisher, seems to accept and shine in whatever role she is assigned.

Lakers are off this weekend - a little sad because if the 4 Nations were happening 2 Lakers very well may have been there representing Finland. Hopefully the rest will do the team well and they will be ready to go against Clarkson on the road.
          Last edited by Lindsay; 11-06-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            Yes, lots of positive storylines right now. 4 players averaging a point or more per game, strongest win loss record at this point in a few years, sitting at 7-2-1. Strength of schedule is part of it, but it looks like the team has perhaps taken a step forward when considering they swept their opening series against Lindenwood and RIT, something they failed to do last year. Kennedy Blair is strong in net, having recently won the goalie of the month award for the CHA. In the game vs UConn, the Lakers were surprising out shot, and Blair only gave up one goal, a power play goal, giving them every chance to win the game which they eventually did. Meghan Korzack, a Junior, has 5 goals on the season, almost matching the six she scored in her first two years. Perhaps my favorite - tri captain Michele Robillard put up a hat trick last week against Lindenwood, when Vasko was out of the lineup. Robillard is a sneaky good finisher, seems to accept and shine in whatever role she is assigned.

Lakers are off this weekend - a little sad because if the 4 Nations were happening 2 Lakers very well may have been there representing Finland. Hopefully the rest will do the team well and they will be ready to go against Clarkson on the road.
            Robillard started to pick up last year also, much like Korczak. So maybe it'll is a Jr year trend at Mercyhurst?

Comment

Robillard started to pick up last year also, much like Korczak. So maybe it'll is a Jr year trend at Mercyhurst?
              Yea I was wondering about that. There are several that fit this trend of increased production as the years go by. Last years entire sophomore class met or exceeded their freshman production. Current sophomores Pinto and Nelles are close to matching their previous year production. Nuutinen and Vasko have gotten more productive points per game wise, as their Laker careers have progressed. I think it’s a very positive reflection on the staff and players. Obviously we are only a third into the season, and there are a ton of tough games ahead, nothings been won yet and a season could still go terribly sideways, but it’s neat to see. Not every team is going to reload with tons of national team players every year and Hurst isn’t right now but you see these players earning increased ice time as the years go by and getting the results that go with it and it’s impressive. Freshman class has been sort of quiet points wise thus far, but that’s how it’s been for the past few years now, so it doesn’t feel like cause for concern as long as they are getting better every day.... which is not to say I wouldn’t love some freshman going off points wise but you know I mean.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Nuutinen and Vasko have gotten more productive points per game wise, as their Laker careers have progressed.
                On behalf of the rest of the CHA, please take that back

Comment

CHA post:

RMU defeated Lindenwood 2-0 last night, with an empty netter. Shots 30-17, and RMU scored a pp goal. My general expectation is a blowout today, because that’s how it’s been for LU recently. But credit to Asplundh for keeping them in games. They need to figure out a way to create offense in the short term and stop bleeding transfers in the long term. I noticed that some team that was named recently... maybeU18? had another St Louis kid on it. If I were LU’s staff I’d be doing everything I could to make my program and school known to the kids growing up in the area, as they seem to be producing good girls hockey players.

A bit related: Brianne McLaughlin Bittle did the puck drop at the Canada US game last night and they gave a nice bio of her RMU background and a bit of RMU press for all in attendance to hear.

Comment

CHA post:

RMU defeated Lindenwood 2-0 last night, with an empty netter. Shots 30-17, and RMU scored a pp goal. My general expectation is a blowout today, because that’s how it’s been for LU recently. But credit to Asplundh for keeping them in games. They need to figure out a way to create offense in the short term and stop bleeding transfers in the long term. I noticed that some team that was named recently... maybeU18? had another St Louis kid on it. If I were LU’s staff I’d be doing everything I could to make my program and school known to the kids growing up in the area, as they seem to be producing good girls hockey players.

A bit related: Brianne McLaughlin Bittle did the puck drop at the Canada US game last night and they gave a nice bio of her RMU background and a bit of RMU press for all in attendance to hear.
                    Had to check up on Asplundh and she is from Pennsylvania. It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.

Comment

Had to check up on Asplundh and she is from Pennsylvania. It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.
                      Ugh RMU won 4-3 in ot. Yes we’ll see on Looney.

Comment

It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.
                        Lindenwood is fairly far south for a Siberia comparison.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

One of the biggest series of the year as Mercyhurst faces #5 Clarkson on the road. First game is at 2pm today.... Lakers have looked full of promise this year with some good results, and have been doing a good job starting games strong. PP % and goals scored are both top ten in the nation.

Crossing my fingers the Lakers have a healthy, and rested but not sluggish roster today, as they were off last week. I know Finland was involved in the 5 Nations tournament that recently happened but I’m not sure if Laker players were there or not.

There’s been no love for the Lakers in the polls ever since the split weekend vs UMD and UConn. Need to get some points and make a statement this weekend.

Comment

One of the biggest series of the year as Mercyhurst faces #5 Clarkson on the road. First game is at 2pm today.... Lakers have looked full of promise this year with some good results, and have been doing a good job starting games strong. PP % and goals scored are both top ten in the nation.

Crossing my fingers the Lakers have a healthy, and rested but not sluggish roster today, as they were off last week. I know Finland was involved in the 5 Nations tournament that recently happened but I’m not sure if Laker players were there or not.

There’s been no love for the Lakers in the polls ever since the split weekend vs UMD and UConn. Need to get some points and make a statement this weekend.
                            Mercyhurst goes up 1-0 and then gives up a sh goal to even things up. Half the game left to play.

Comment

Mercyhurst goes up 1-0 and then gives up a sh goal to even things up. Half the game left to play.
                              Wow Giguere with 9 shots halfway through the game....scary

Comment

Wow Giguere with 9 shots halfway through the game....scary
                                Giving up a sh goal is usually crippling and in this game it was no different. Maybe tomorrow will bring better luck.
                                Perhaps your longest player should be assigned to her - assuming she has the footwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X