Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Robillard started to pick up last year also, much like Korczak. So maybe it'll is a Jr year trend at Mercyhurst?
    Yea I was wondering about that. There are several that fit this trend of increased production as the years go by. Last years entire sophomore class met or exceeded their freshman production. Current sophomores Pinto and Nelles are close to matching their previous year production. Nuutinen and Vasko have gotten more productive points per game wise, as their Laker careers have progressed. I think itís a very positive reflection on the staff and players. Obviously we are only a third into the season, and there are a ton of tough games ahead, nothings been won yet and a season could still go terribly sideways, but itís neat to see. Not every team is going to reload with tons of national team players every year and Hurst isnít right now but you see these players earning increased ice time as the years go by and getting the results that go with it and itís impressive. Freshman class has been sort of quiet points wise thus far, but thatís how itís been for the past few years now, so it doesnít feel like cause for concern as long as they are getting better every day.... which is not to say I wouldnít love some freshman going off points wise but you know I mean.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    826

    Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Nuutinen and Vasko have gotten more productive points per game wise, as their Laker careers have progressed.
    On behalf of the rest of the CHA, please take that back

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

    CHA post:

    RMU defeated Lindenwood 2-0 last night, with an empty netter. Shots 30-17, and RMU scored a pp goal. My general expectation is a blowout today, because thatís how itís been for LU recently. But credit to Asplundh for keeping them in games. They need to figure out a way to create offense in the short term and stop bleeding transfers in the long term. I noticed that some team that was named recently... maybeU18? had another St Louis kid on it. If I were LUís staff Iíd be doing everything I could to make my program and school known to the kids growing up in the area, as they seem to be producing good girls hockey players.

    A bit related: Brianne McLaughlin Bittle did the puck drop at the Canada US game last night and they gave a nice bio of her RMU background and a bit of RMU press for all in attendance to hear.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    CHA post:

    RMU defeated Lindenwood 2-0 last night, with an empty netter. Shots 30-17, and RMU scored a pp goal. My general expectation is a blowout today, because thatís how itís been for LU recently. But credit to Asplundh for keeping them in games. They need to figure out a way to create offense in the short term and stop bleeding transfers in the long term. I noticed that some team that was named recently... maybeU18? had another St Louis kid on it. If I were LUís staff Iíd be doing everything I could to make my program and school known to the kids growing up in the area, as they seem to be producing good girls hockey players.

    A bit related: Brianne McLaughlin Bittle did the puck drop at the Canada US game last night and they gave a nice bio of her RMU background and a bit of RMU press for all in attendance to hear.
    Had to check up on Asplundh and she is from Pennsylvania. It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Had to check up on Asplundh and she is from Pennsylvania. It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.
    Ugh RMU won 4-3 in ot. Yes weíll see on Looney.

  6. #26
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,846

    Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    It will be interesting if Shelly Looney will be a draw to Siberia. I meant to say Lindenwood.
    Lindenwood is fairly far south for a Siberia comparison.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

    One of the biggest series of the year as Mercyhurst faces #5 Clarkson on the road. First game is at 2pm today.... Lakers have looked full of promise this year with some good results, and have been doing a good job starting games strong. PP % and goals scored are both top ten in the nation.

    Crossing my fingers the Lakers have a healthy, and rested but not sluggish roster today, as they were off last week. I know Finland was involved in the 5 Nations tournament that recently happened but Iím not sure if Laker players were there or not.

    Thereís been no love for the Lakers in the polls ever since the split weekend vs UMD and UConn. Need to get some points and make a statement this weekend.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    One of the biggest series of the year as Mercyhurst faces #5 Clarkson on the road. First game is at 2pm today.... Lakers have looked full of promise this year with some good results, and have been doing a good job starting games strong. PP % and goals scored are both top ten in the nation.

    Crossing my fingers the Lakers have a healthy, and rested but not sluggish roster today, as they were off last week. I know Finland was involved in the 5 Nations tournament that recently happened but Iím not sure if Laker players were there or not.

    Thereís been no love for the Lakers in the polls ever since the split weekend vs UMD and UConn. Need to get some points and make a statement this weekend.
    Mercyhurst goes up 1-0 and then gives up a sh goal to even things up. Half the game left to play.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Mercyhurst goes up 1-0 and then gives up a sh goal to even things up. Half the game left to play.
    Wow Giguere with 9 shots halfway through the game....scary

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Wow Giguere with 9 shots halfway through the game....scary
    Giving up a sh goal is usually crippling and in this game it was no different. Maybe tomorrow will bring better luck.
    Perhaps your longest player should be assigned to her - assuming she has the footwork.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •