Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    You think we live in a "just society"?
    Obviously not. When have we EVER done anything about it?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    By the way. The Watchmen just keeps getting better and better. If Alan Moore had any brains he would have endorsed this masterpiece long ago.
    Moore will never watch a second of that show willingly. He will simply push to have his most dedicated fans boycott the show. All the while cashing the royalty check from HBO.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

I think he claimed once he doesnt take the money but that might have been one of his lonely fanboys saying that.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

Whatís his problem with it?

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What’s his problem with it?
    Anybody who does something with his work is considered a usurper by him. Secretly, I think he's scared that somebody might take his work and improve upon it.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Anybody who does something with his work is considered a usurper by him. Secretly, I think he's scared that somebody might take his work and improve upon it.
    Well I mean we are all just lucky we were allowed to be graced by the greatness that is Alan Moore. He is truly the William Shakespeare of our time.

The guy makes Kepler look humble and concise
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Just finished up the final season of The Deuce. What a wonderful, and fitting ending. Just beautiful.

Magical, and yet at the same time, filled with a sadness and nostalgia for an area that lost its character and personality in the name of corporate gentrification.
    Last edited by rufus; 11-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Lucia Apologist

Is Alan Moore the guy who wrote the pedo smut stories that he tried to pass off as art?

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Is Alan Moore the guy who wrote the pedo smut stories that he tried to pass off as art?
    Yes...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

wubba lubba dub dub
    And he used a collection of othersí characters from children novels to do it. Iím willing to bet that was done purposefully to send a message of how he views others trying to build on his prior work.

He just sucked at sending that message.

Watched the first 1/3 of American Gods S2 last night. Still bizarre, graphic, and awesome. Wondering how far they'll take this (read that S3 is a go).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Never Forget!

Disney+ was available early on my PS4. So I downloaded it and now I'm watching the first episode of the Mandalorian. So far I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Disney+ was available early on my PS4. So I downloaded it and now I'm watching the first episode of the Mandalorian. So far I'm loving it.
    App cant connect this AM. Must be overloaded.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    App cant connect this AM. Must be overloaded.
    I had wait times when running through the menus, but things would eventually load. I didn't watch anything because I had to get into the office today.

Never Forget!

Hulu has canceled the Veronica Mars series.

E1 of The Mandalorian.

As someone that has never watched even a single minute of anything Star Wars aside from the (10?) movies and never read any of the books this show may go easier for me than diehards, but I watched with my younger son who has done both. We both enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't deep, but the CGI was crisp and the premise and quest intriguing enough I will give E2 a look.

I was surprised that my Samsung TV had the app. I thought the launch list didn't include them.

It also would play The Mandalorian, while the PS4 app gave an error.

I would say ep 1 was "fine." Ill watch ep 2 on Friday and see if i feel different about it.

The big reveal scene didnt really do anything for me.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

The Mandalorian was perfectly cromulent for me.

I know the movies, but nothing else really, so I'm sure I missed some of the stuff out there. Didn't realize that Taika Watiti voiced the bounty hunting droid....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Any comments on the bad zooming on Simpsons episodes on the app?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Any comments on the bad zooming on Simpsons episodes on the app?
    Which app? They're all apps, unless you're watching via the website. At any rate, the pre-HD shows are all zoomed and cropped to fit a 16:9 screen rather than the old 4:3 screens. The exception is when they cut to Itchy & Scratchy, those show the TV set outline and black bars on either side. This holds true to the standards put in place with pre-Disney ownership of the show. Season 3 begins with episode 2, Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, when streaming; they cut out the Michael Jackson episode that opened season 3.

I watched Star Wars ep IV, and they supposedly changed the Han/Greedo scene again, but I didn't see any difference from the last Lucas-made edit. Still, they should find a way to remove some of the stupid changes and bloat added by Lucas. Most of it adds nothing and even distracts from the experience.

Thread Information