Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    NEWHL Coaches Poll

1. Plattsburgh (49 Points – 7 1st-Place Votes)
    2. Cortland (34)
    3. Oswego (33)
    4. Morrisville (32)
    5. Potsdam (23)
    6. Canton (14)
    7. Buffalo State (11)
    Morrisville has always been competitive in the CHC and conference winning percentage last season would have made them the second in the NEWHL. The coaches don't think much of the CHC to put them behind Cortland and Oswego.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 DIII Polls, Rankings

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Morrisville has always been competitive in the CHC and conference winning percentage last season would have made them the second in the NEWHL. The coaches don't think much of the CHC to put them behind Cortland and Oswego.
      Considering the points were 34-33-32, I'd say Cortland, Oswego, and Morrisville were in a virtual tie in the coaches' eyes, as everyone probably had a different order among those three.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Latest USCHO Poll:

Rnk Team
        1 Plattsburgh [15] (1)
        2 Hamline (2)
        3 Adrian (3)
        4 Elmira (5)
        5 St. Thomas (4)
        6 Williams (6)
        7 UW-Eau Claire (7)
        8 UW-River Falls (8)
        9 Norwich (9)
        10 Middlebury (10)

Others receiving votes: Endicott 4, St. Scholastica 2, Nazareth 1

St. Scholastica only getting 2 votes despite taking down the 1 seed from last year's tournament, likely due to them dropping a game to GAC the night before. I think St. Scholastica and GAC should both be ahead of Endicott who took down perennial struggler USM and Nazareth who beat up on Suffolk at home.

Sad to see Suffolk take such a setback after a good debut season, but they built their team last year around a senior transfer and clearly they haven't found an answer yet on either end, with a lone goal in 2 games and giving up 5 goals on 14 penalty kills.

Comment

Latest USCHO Poll:

Rnk Team
          1 Plattsburgh [15] (1)
          2 Hamline (2)
          3 Adrian (3)
          4 Elmira (5)
          5 St. Thomas (4)
          6 Williams (6)
          7 UW-Eau Claire (7)
          8 UW-River Falls (8)
          9 Norwich (9)
          10 Middlebury (10)

Others receiving votes: Endicott 4, St. Scholastica 2, Nazareth 1

St. Scholastica only getting 2 votes despite taking down the 1 seed from last year's tournament, likely due to them dropping a game to GAC the night before. I think St. Scholastica and GAC should both be ahead of Endicott who took down perennial struggler USM and Nazareth who beat up on Suffolk at home.

Sad to see Suffolk take such a setback after a good debut season, but they built their team last year around a senior transfer and clearly they haven't found an answer yet on either end, with a lone goal in 2 games and giving up 5 goals on 14 penalty kills.
          I'm not sure that is the latest ranking from USCHO. This ranking, on the website, has an Oct 28th date on it. I would have to think that Adrian will move ahead of Hamline since the Bulldogs defeated them 4-1 on Friday night. Plus the website shows no games being played in the record column. Hopefully we will see a new women's D3 ranking soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
            I'm not sure that is the latest ranking from USCHO. This ranking, on the website, has an Oct 28th date on it. I would have to think that Adrian will move ahead of Hamline since the Bulldogs defeated them 4-1 on Friday night. Plus the website shows no games being played in the record column. Hopefully we will see a new women's D3 ranking soon.
            What a complete and utter clown show USCHO is to have the new poll out on the NCAA's site, Twitter and multiple schools but their own website not be updated. I didn't read carefully enough and since I saw releases based on the new poll around the net I assumed the site who publishes the poll would have the most recent one up when you visit the page and copied it in. One would think the USCHO could cover DIII women's hockey correctly but I guess it's gone back to an afterthought now that the DIII women's writer from last season didn't return.

Here is the USCHO poll as reported by the NCAA's website:

1. Plattsburgh [15] (1)
            2. Adrian (3)
            3. Elmira (4)
            4. Hamline (2)
            5. UW-River Falls (8)
            6. Williams (6)
            7. UW-Eau Claire (7)
            8. Norwich (9)
            9. St. Thomas (5)
            10. Middlebury (10)

St. Scholastica 9, Gustavus 6, Nazareth 5, Endicott 3

This is way more in line with what happened this past weekend. St. Scholastica and GAC on the cusp of the top 10 with Nazareth and Endicott getting votes but not as many as schools that have beaten stronger teams...

Comment

Here's the updated poll for 12/2:

1 Plattsburgh [10] (1)
              2 Middlebury [5] (8)
              3 Norwich (3)
              4 Gustavus (4)
              5 UW-Eau Claire (6)
              6 Adrian (2)
              7 UW-River Falls (7)
              8 Elmira (5)
              9 Hamline (9)
              10 St. Thomas (10)

Getting votes: Colby-9, Naz-9, Endicott-7, Williams-1

So Plattsburgh only loses 5 first place votes for losing to then #8 Middlebury. Adrian falls 5 spots for tying the 8 and losing to the 7. Elmira falls 3 after losing to Eau Claire but Eau Claire only moves up 1, likely for only tying St. Thomas. I think River Falls staying the same despite beating the then #2 Adrian by 3 goals is unfair. Yes they lost to #1 Plattsburgh the night before but that was a much closer game than the score line indicated and they played much better than Adrian. But these are the same voters giving 9 votes to Colby because of an anomaly in the PairWise, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Comment

Here's the updated poll for 12/2:

1 Plattsburgh [10] (1)
                2 Middlebury [5] (8)
                3 Norwich (3)
                4 Gustavus (4)
                5 UW-Eau Claire (6)
                6 Adrian (2)
                7 UW-River Falls (7)
                8 Elmira (5)
                9 Hamline (9)
                10 St. Thomas (10)

Getting votes: Colby-9, Naz-9, Endicott-7, Williams-1

So Plattsburgh only loses 5 first place votes for losing to then #8 Middlebury. Adrian falls 5 spots for tying the 8 and losing to the 7. Elmira falls 3 after losing to Eau Claire but Eau Claire only moves up 1, likely for only tying St. Thomas. I think River Falls staying the same despite beating the then #2 Adrian by 3 goals is unfair. Yes they lost to #1 Plattsburgh the night before but that was a much closer game than the score line indicated and they played much better than Adrian. But these are the same voters giving 9 votes to Colby because of an anomaly in the PairWise, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
                Did you watch the Midd-Plattsburgh game? I did not see it all but the first period belonged to Plattsburgh other than the scoreboard. Middlebury made the shots they took count and Plattsburgh could not bury it. I still believe the voters got it right for the most part.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Did you watch the Midd-Plattsburgh game? I did not see it all but the first period belonged to Plattsburgh other than the scoreboard. Middlebury made the shots they took count and Plattsburgh could not bury it. I still believe the voters got it right for the most part.
                  I was in Middlebury for all of the games (I only missed most of the first period of Adrian vs Midd) and I agree with your evaluation and I agree the voters got right leaving them at 1. I was merely pointing out the effect the loss had on them in the ranking.

I do think River Falls should be at 6 given how handily they dispatched the team above them. I also think it's ludicrous for Colby to have 9 votes when they only played 5 games and the only decent opponent was Williams. And while they beat Williams, the Ephs aren't off to a good start themselves.

Comment

I was in Middlebury for all of the games (I only missed most of the first period of Adrian vs Midd) and I agree with your evaluation and I agree the voters got right leaving them at 1. I was merely pointing out the effect the loss had on them in the ranking.

I do think River Falls should be at 6 given how handily they dispatched the team above them. I also think it's ludicrous for Colby to have 9 votes when they only played 5 games and the only decent opponent was Williams. And while they beat Williams, the Ephs aren't off to a good start themselves.

it's early in the season...you are complaining that Colby has only played 5 games against mostly week teams (and got a whole 9 pts)....Middlebury has only played 6 games. and is ranked #2....sounds like its more Strength of schedule then number of games at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                      it's early in the season...you are complaining that Colby has only played 5 games against mostly week teams (and got a whole 9 pts)....Middlebury has only played 6 games. and is ranked #2....sounds like its more Strength of schedule then number of games at this point.
                      Anyone here know if Obserbear is ok? I haven't seen any of his typically insightful posts this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
                        Anyone here know if Obserbear is ok? I haven't seen any of his typically insightful posts this season.
                        It was mentioned in another thread that he lost his long battle with cancer last spring. His insight has definitely been missed this year.
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          It was mentioned in another thread that he lost his long battle with cancer last spring. His insight has definitely been missed this year.
                          Correct, George passed away I believe it was in April after battling cancer.

https://obituaries.bowdoin.edu/george-e-griggs-iii-71/
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

RIP George

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Anybody know what happened to the Japanese player Moe Tsukimoto for Plattsburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                                Anybody know what happened to the Japanese player Moe Tsukimoto for Plattsburgh?
                                I think she had a leg injury last season. She played in the last game of the past semester. So hopefully we see more of her in semester two.

Comment

Working...
                                X