This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

I think I'll go blow the whistle on someone this afternoon and then wait for my Soros check.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

As for who I voted for in 2016, I posted it on election day, but as I recall you weren't around.
      A hit, a very palpable hit.

Comment

I'm not judging the viability of anything, I don't think. Scooby expressed fear (I know, weird) that Trump is somehow going to be able to kill off whistleblowers.

I think that's silly, in light of the fact that he doesn't have the ability to wave a wand and make statutes disappear. But even if the statutes didn't exist, there is still money to be made as a whistleblower. Not that money has to be the only or primary reason for coming forward, but it's there nonetheless.
        whisleblowers are now immediately dismissed as partisan attacks by half of the electorate, lumped in with "fake news" (which now means any news that is bad for Trump)

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          whisleblowers are now immediately dismissed as partisan attacks by half of the electorate, lumped in with "fake news" (which now means any news that is bad for Trump)
          I really thought that wasn't that difficult to discern from what I posted. I was wrong.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't claim to be a "Trump Humper", an "independent" or anything else. I'm just me.

As for who I voted for in 2016, I posted it on election day, but as I recall you weren't around.
            Ah, but a quick look at the record will show that I DID post that evening/early morning. I'll go dig it up if you'd care to put some money on it....

EDIT - burd, you can put some money up too (if you have any).
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                The Republicans get to ask questions of all witnesses. Transparency? So the witnesses can "tune" their lies to what the other witnesses say?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Might be the same thing but they're losing it: from CNN

House Republicans stormed the hearing room where Pentagon official was testifying

As Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper was sitting down to testify, the roughly couple dozen Republicans stormed through the three different doors, a source in the room said.

Rep. Bradley Byrne yelled in committee Chair Adam Schiff's face, but Schiff didn't engage. Other Democrats, including Val Demings, screamed back at both Byrne and Rep. Louie Gohmert, who were yelling about the process.

"It was closest thing I've seen around here to mass civil unrest as a member of Congress," according to a source in the room.

Cooper left the room while the Republicans refused to leave.

The source says the Capitol Police and sergeant at arms have been consulted as members refuse to leave the room.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I really thought that wasn't that difficult to discern from what I posted. I was wrong.
                    I got it, anyway.

It all comes down to which side you instinctively side with, with no good information either way. When a woman makes a rape accusation I am going to provisionally believe her. I don't want the legal system to do that because assumption of innocence is important in the context of state coercion. But I am far, far more focused initially on all the impediments to a woman coming forward (shaming, loss of privacy, danger of reprisal, the expense, monotony, and idiocy of the police and the court system) than on the infinitesimal though non-zero possibility she is lying out of malice or blackmail.

I feel the same way about whistleblowers.

The key word is provisionally. As info collects I moderate my initial opinion. But my initial opinion goes towards protecting the weak and I have a hard time understanding people whose initial focus is on attacking the weak and protecting the strong. They seem... gross.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 10-23-2019, 11:14 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Might be the same thing but they're losing it: from CNN

House Republicans stormed the hearing room where Pentagon official was testifying

As Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper was sitting down to testify, the roughly couple dozen Republicans stormed through the three different doors, a source in the room said.

Rep. Bradley Byrne yelled in committee Chair Adam Schiff's face, but Schiff didn't engage. Other Democrats, including Val Demings, screamed back at both Byrne and Rep. Louie Gohmert, who were yelling about the process.

"It was closest thing I've seen around here to mass civil unrest as a member of Congress," according to a source in the room.

Cooper left the room while the Republicans refused to leave.

The source says the Capitol Police and sergeant at arms have been consulted as members refuse to leave the room.
                      They should just start wearing armbands. This is Schutzstaffel 101.

Start citing them for contempt and disruption and threatening them with arrest. Democratic institutions have to protect themselves against this kind of clowning. It can become deadly quickly and the f-cks on the right are dumb enough and vicious enough to become a lethal threat.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        They should just start wearing armbands. This is Schutzstaffel 101.
                        Funny I don’t recall dems pulling these stunts

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          And you do the same: "To the extend WaPo is classified as a 24-hour news outlet."
                          rufus and alfa ripped Rube based on what he said in part because of what you posted. You made it sound like that is what he is saying so he clarified.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I got it, anyway.

It all comes down to which side you instinctively side with, with no good information either way. When a woman makes a rape accusation I am going to provisionally believe her. I don't want the legal system to do that because assumption of innocence is important in the context of state coercion. But I am far, far more focused initially on all the impediments to a woman coming forward (shaming, loss of privacy, danger of reprisal, the monotony and idiocy of the justice justice) than on the infinitesimal though non-zero possibility she is lying out of malice or blackmail.

I feel the same way about whistleblowers.

The key word is provisionally. As info collects I moderate my initial opinion. But my initial opinion goes towards protecting the weak and I have a hard time understanding people whose initial focus is on attacking the weak and protecting the strong.
                            But hasn't every whistleblower ever known they were going to be attacked? Isn't that why they prefer to do so anonymously? How is what we are seeing today any different?
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                The Republicans get to ask questions of all witnesses. Transparency? So the witnesses can "tune" their lies to what the other witnesses say?
                                And how is it a secret impeachment hearing...its happening in front of everyone?

Good god if you are a Republican think about what history books are gonna say about you in 30 years. This crap is nuts!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X