X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I'm curious to know what he hopes to accomplish.
    Basically reinforcing the "witchhunt" storyline, showing the MAGAs that "THE GOP IS STANDING UP TO THE EVIL DEMOCRATS!"
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Trump Cancels White House Subscription To ‘Highlights’ Over Anti-Goofus Bias

WASHINGTON—Shutting down a regular monthly delivery that had been in place since the Truman administration, President Donald Trump canceled the White House’s subscription to Highlights magazine Tuesday over what he deemed to be rampant anti-Goofus bias. “Everyone’s getting on his case all the time—Goofus has been treated very, very unfairly,” said Trump, decrying the 60-year-old children’s magazine’s obvious pro-Gallant agenda while praising Goofus as a bright kid smart enough to look out for number one and who knew how to cut a deal. “‘Gross Gallant’ is no angel either! I hear he’s in bed with some pretty shady figures, I won’t say who. Too bad for Highlights, a once-great publication that has gone downhill in recent years. Unfair that they never publish your drawings when you submit them. Also, I looked at that scene of the kids playing, and the second picture? No differences! None at all! And I was in that terrible maze for hours. Not good. There was clearly no exit.” At press time, Trump had reversed his position and instructed an aide to renew the White House’s subscription after discovering Highlights gave him some positive press by mentioning him in a list of U.S. presidents.
      Trump Apologizes For Impeachment Comment After Learning Disturbing History Of 1918 Lynching Of German American Immigrant Robert Prager

WASHINGTON—Acknowledging the hurt he had caused, President Donald Trump apologized Tuesday for describing the House impeachment inquiry as a “lynching,” saying he had been unaware of the term’s association with the 1918 murder of Robert Prager, a German American immigrant killed by an angry mob. “I realize now my remark was insensitive, and insulting to the memory of Mr. Prager and those impacted by his tragic death,” said the president, who asked the American people to forgive him, emphasizing how disturbed he had been when a member of his staff told him how Prager had been singled out and killed by coal miners in Illinois during a wartime wave of anti-German sentiment. “Upon learning of this foul act, I have come to understand that lynching represents a deeply troubling chapter in our nation’s past. Going forward, we must make a greater effort to reckon with this difficult part of our history, by which I mean specifically the terrible fate that befell an innocent German man on April 5, 1918. I am truly sorry for any pain my statement may have caused the German American community.” At press time, sources confirmed Trump’s base appeared satisfied with his apology and had no objections to a new tweet in which he compared the impeachment inquiry to “the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I’m not entirely sure what the WaPo has done to not be trusted...

CNN is an entertainment outfit.
        Frankly, all the 24 hour news channels are simply entertainment at this point. An exception COULD be made during a national crisis story, like a hurricane/riot/bombing/etc. A "bring us together and unite" sort of thing. And even that is iffy.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            So I was sitting in the Oval Office today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              So I was sitting in the Oval Office today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Comment

lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Frankly, all the 24 hour news channels are simply entertainment at this point. An exception COULD be made during a national crisis story, like a hurricane/riot/bombing/etc. A "bring us together and unite" sort of thing. And even that is iffy.
                  They are not all the same. To the extent WaPo is classified as a 24-hour news outlet, it is a far more reliable source that Fox. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    They are not all the same. To the extent WaPo is classified as a 24-hour news outlet, it is a far more reliable source that Fox. Not even close.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Cooke
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I really wonder sometimes why people bother trying to point out to Brent that his "sameism" is totally BS. He's clearly never going to buy it- even when you point out that old time conservatives are on other channels bashing dumpy and his policies- it's still the same as the fake news that Faux puts out and is just entertainment.

He's been taken, hook, line, and sinker. This country needs to move on from them, as they will never actually see real problems- just that they are all fabricated for our entertainment. Sad that people are not willing to think about what they are saying, but just let it go- he's a "centrist", and will never be convinced he is wrong. Until it will eventually kick him in the crotch with life.

Comment

He's not been hooked. He's the only rational, common sense thinker in a sea of partisanship.

Just ask him.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Good response, mook, but doesn't that isolated example help prove the point? It happened nearly 40 years ago and was considered a scandal at WaPo. Daily business at Fox.
                          Last edited by burd; 10-23-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Heard Eric Swalwell this morning. He said that the Republicans involved in questioning Ambassador Taylor yesterday were asking questions about the mysterious DNC Server that is now in Ukraine's possession. I hope we finally get to the bottom of it.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Heard Eric Swalwell this morning. He said that the Republicans involved in questioning Ambassador Taylor yesterday were asking questions about the mysterious DNC Server that is now in Ukraine's possession. I hope we finally get to the bottom of it.
                              Rotten fish of the red herring variety thrown into the bushes to distract the hunting dogs.

Comment

Whew glad that’s over

Comment

Working...
                                X