X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    One of Sniffles' lawyers argued in court today that he could literally commit murder and there isn't anything that could be done. That he is above the law.

I'd say he has a pre-1215 mentality, but he probably has no idea what relevance that date holds. Or he'd think it was lunchtime.
    The Magna Carta was not adopted into law until well after 1215, it took something like 200 years for it to be codified into English law.

June 15 – King John of England is forced, by rebellious barons of England at Runnymede, to put the Great Seal of the Realm on a set of articles confirming their rights and those of the towns and Church, and confirming the status of trial by jury,[1] which on June 19 is confirmed as Magna Carta.
    August – King John of England rejects Magna Carta, leading to the First Barons' War.
    August 24 – Pope Innocent III declares Magna Carta invalid.

And the Pope's word was Euro law back then.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You're a smart guy
      lol. This is Drew. He thought that not allowing people to have guns that were deemed not mentally competent to manage their own affairs by the social security administration was the same as "not allowing poor people to own guns)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You're a smart guy.
        Seriously?

You know this is drew, right?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Trump won’t be around forever. As bad as he is, the line of thinking that once he is gone everything will be great is very dangerous. Honestly, how great were the 16 years this century before he got elected? I’m not sure how anyone can make an argument that they were very good for the vast majority of our country.
          16 years before, we went from projecting a budget surplus to a tax cut and a deficit. 8 years before we went from a MASSIVE deficit- with money to recover from a recession from the bad policies to a projected manageable deficit and securing people onto healthcare.

do you really think that both sides were doing it equally wrong? You of deficit theory.

YES, I VERY MUCH DO think that Democrats were doing more for most Americans than the Russians. The Russian party was just finding people to blame so that people who refused to actually see what they were doing would not pay attention- much like you drew. Did Obama hand over the Pacific to China? Hand over eastern Europe and the Middle East to Russia? I don't recall that happening. Obama tried to get out of the middle east, but realized that it was a bad plan, and went back in- this moron insists that moving troops from Syria to Iraq is bringing them home and that our allies can deal on their own.

So, once again, at least the Democrats recognized a bad idea, and tried to fix it- even when it didn't work. Once again, there is a real difference.

The best part about Democrats is that they put effort into leading- having hours and hours of hearings prior to the ACA, including letting fellow D's dissent. None of that happened for the attempted repeal of it, and then the tax cut- it was just presented and everybody had to vote.

Do you REALLY equate the lack of hearings and discussions by the Russians to the hearings that Democrats are having?

Yea, the Democrats have major issues, and probably have way too much influence from rich people. But to even pretend that they are even close to equally bad is insane.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Trump won’t be around forever. As bad as he is, the line of thinking that once he is gone everything will be great is very dangerous. Honestly, how great were the 16 years this century before he got elected? I’m not sure how anyone can make an argument that they were very good for the vast majority of our country.
              You are completely missing the danger.

Dump isn't even a tenth of the problem on the right. The GOP as a whole has gone utterly fascist. Dump didn't start voter suppression and Dump didn't just willfully shred ballots in NC. Dump didn't start the GOP's courting of white supremacists and misogynists and Dominion theology maniacs. And Dump didn't create the fiscal policies that transfer trillions of American wealth to the personal fortune of the .01%. That is all the Republican party before Dump and it will be them after.

In many ways we are lucky to have Dump because he's so bad even casual citizens understand the danger. A charming, avuncular Reagan type would just about finish democracy in America, and unless we uproot and completely destroy the current Republican party we will eventually get that.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You just love being called a moron dont you...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don’t disagree, but both parties suck and the sooner they are gone the better off we will be. For the record, I’m not saying both are equally bad.
                  No they dont...you suck, your opinions suck and if any of your friends and family agree with you they suck.

I know you think because you are saying "politicians suck" you sound high browed and intelligent...in actuality you are a neanderthal sheep who stopped thinking for themself about 20 years ago. You think if you spout a bunch of libertarian nonsense (let me guess you like Ron Paul too) that means you are a free thinker...you arent. In fact, you are more indoctrinated than most.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    No they dont...you suck, your opinions suck and if any of your friends and family agree with you they suck.

I know you think because you are saying "politicians suck" you sound high browed and intelligent...in actuality you are a neanderthal sheep who stopped thinking for themself about 20 years ago. You think if you spout a bunch of libertarian nonsense (let me guess you like Ron Paul too) that means you are a free thinker...you arent. In fact, you are more indoctrinated than most.
                    Is "high brow" the new buzzword around here? I got accused of that yesterday.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Is "high brow" the new buzzword around here? I got accused of that yesterday.
                      Welcome to my world.

There's a strain of "you think you'r'n so smart" here from certain posters.

But Drew wasn't aping intellectualism when he played bothsiderism, he was just regurgitating Echo Chamber talking points. Let's state this simply:

The right are Nazis.

Full stop.

Nothing else compares. We have to stop them. We have to obliterate the Republican party that for 20 years from Newt to Cheney to Dump traveled inexorably towards fascism and finally arrived there because it was the logical endpoint of the American right.

This GOP must be removed from power everywhere, as soon as possible. They are the enemy of democracy in America and thus America itself, as well as the enemy of western civilization, reason, and human life. They should not be underestimated because while they are cowards and incompetent and imbecilic f-ck ups they are still doing massive damage to America and the world.

There's nothing high brow in that and Handy's irrational terror of people with more refined tastes than his is not germane to this discussion.

Tosca out.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-24-2019, 11:24 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

WSJ had an editorial saying Trump is too inept and incompetent to be worthy of impeachment. That's what Republicans are grasping at straws with now
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Welcome to my world.

There's a strain of "you think you'r'n so smart" here from certain posters.

But Drew wasn't aping intellectualism when he played bothsiderism, he was just regurgitating Echo Chamber talking points. Let's state this simply:

The right are Nazis.

Full stop.

Nothing else compares. We have to stop them. We have to obliterate the Republican party that for 20 years from Newt to Cheney to Dump traveled inexorably towards fascism and finally arrived there because it was the logical endpoint of the American right.

This GOP must be removed from power everywhere, as soon as possible. They are the enemy of democracy in America and thus America itself, as well as the enemy of western civilization, reason, and human life. They should not be underestimated because while they are cowards and incompetent and imbecilic f-ck ups they are still doing massive damage to America and the world.

There's nothing high brow in that and Handy's irrational terror of people with more refined tastes than his is not germane to this discussion.

Tosca out.

The Guardian is now part of the echo chamber?

I’ll be honest that I’m definitely fatigued by all the investigations and nonsense that have dominated the news for a lot of the century. Your Nazi concern is somewhat vague and I guess I haven’t really encountered anyone in my day to day life who fits the description.

My concern and focus in the last few years since I bought a house have drifted away from the national left-right stuff and more to issues that are affecting people day to day in the area where I live. People love to talk about how wonderful the Democrats are and yet I live in an area where they have complete control but yet things really aren’t that great for most people. The traffic around eastern mass is absolutely shocking and there doesn’t really seem any plan to fix it. Even worse is the housing situation and there is nothing happening on that front either.

To be clear I don’t think voting in Republicans is the answer. The system right now is broken and fixing it isn’t going to be easy.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Vague? The GOP just used brownshirt tactics to bring violence to the halls of Congress. They are flying the swastika, chanting Nazi phrases...hell, they had a Nazi run for office and stand as the party's official nominee.

Vague? How much clearer do you want it to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              WSJ had an editorial saying Trump is too inept and incompetent to be worthy of impeachment. That's what Republicans are grasping at straws with now
                              Inept and incompetent can cause a lot of damage.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The Guardian is now part of the echo chamber?

I’ll be honest that I’m definitely fatigued by all the investigations and nonsense that have dominated the news for a lot of the century. Your Nazi concern is somewhat vague and I guess I haven’t really encountered anyone in my day to day life who fits the description.

My concern and focus in the last few years since I bought a house have drifted away from the national left-right stuff and more to issues that are affecting people day to day in the area where I live. People love to talk about how wonderful the Democrats are and yet I live in an area where they have complete control but yet things really aren’t that great for most people. The traffic around eastern mass is absolutely shocking and there doesn’t really seem any plan to fix it. Even worse is the housing situation and there is nothing happening on that front either.

To be clear I don’t think voting in Republicans is the answer. The system right now is broken and fixing it isn’t going to be easy.
                                Three years ago you would have voted for Trump, had you voted. What exactly did you not know then that you know now?

Comment

Working...
                                X