X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    From what I understand, transplants to CA are allowed to bring in one car, with a fee. Not sure what the maintenance requirements are- as I know CA has some pretty tight requirements. But most people who move to CA are doing it for a job, anyway, so you will have money. A car would be the least of your worries.

Being a car guy, it's funny how people think CA is the worst state ever- including fellow car people. But it's also one of the most vibrant car cultures in the world. Roadkill is from there, as are most of the hot rod and racing magazines.
    I agree that some states probably have some lax rules on the actual road-worthiness of vehicles, so I don't think CA is the worst at all. If a vehicle is tip-top shape, hey, let it slide. But grandfather them into the new rules (I am sure there are some exceptions already, just don't know exactly what they are).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I agree that some states probably have some lax rules on the actual road-worthiness of vehicles, so I don't think CA is the worst at all. If a vehicle is tip-top shape, hey, let it slide. But grandfather them into the new rules (I am sure there are some exceptions already, just don't know exactly what they are).
      That was kind of my point regarding CA denying registration... All current vehicles meet the specs. Going forward, CA can say "This is our law: If your vehicle doesn't meet it, too bad"

CA's economy is big enough to where if car companies actively choose to not be present there, it'll result in a net loss. Given that we can probably go 15-20 years on current "legal" cars, it would be a massive hit to the car companies that choose to avoid the state.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Ooh. Looky what the google machine turned up:

Does This Apply to Someone Moving to California?

If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new 49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I found this to be interesting:
          California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I found this to be interesting:
            California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.
            California had an epidemic of people with high-dollar sports cars/exotics that don't get driven a lot registering them in lower tax states (usually Montana) - this works around that.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              California had an epidemic of people with high-dollar sports cars/exotics that don't get driven a lot registering them in lower tax states (usually Montana) - this works around that.
              So, in essence, there are so many loopholes to these new laws...(I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the point).

Comment

So, in essence, there are so many loopholes to these new laws...(I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the point).
                People still murder. So repeal those Utopian laws against murder.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not as many as you would like to think. The goal is to actually improve the air quality in the state, in spite of people like you trying to find a way around the rules. The more people "cheat", the more draconian the rules become. That's how every law works.

But that has nothing to do with the recent issue with GM, Toyota, and co. None of the OEMs argue that California should not have the ability to create their own standards for things that quickly harm human health or the environment. The question is whether the fact that NHTSA made fuel economy standards in the 70s, which were actually CO2 standards based on how it's measured, means that the Federal Government has the overall responsibility to regulate CO2 when California didn't address CO2 until into the 2000's.

California's air quality rules pre-date the Feds by about a year, which is why they get special treatment. And states are allowed to choose between California or Fed rules- and I think there are 9 "Green States" at the moment.

The over riding goal is to have one standard for everything. And it would be nice if it applied to fuels, too- have ONE fuel standard in the whole country- make our lives a lot better (and cheaper).

To the draconian comment- thanks to VW, the EU has responded with on road vehicle testing for certification, and I'm pretty sure that California will at least go that direction before lowering the standards more. And that's a lot harder than doing it in a lab. But since VW got creative in their cheating- they have made it harder for all of the OEM's. I'm still pretty mad at VW for that, and will never, ever, ever buy a VAG product. Including a P car.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Not as many as you would like to think. The goal is to actually improve the air quality in the state, in spite of people like you trying to find a way around the rules. The more people "cheat", the more draconian the rules become. That's how every law works.

But that has nothing to do with the recent issue with GM, Toyota, and co. None of the OEMs argue that California should not have the ability to create their own standards for things that quickly harm human health or the environment. The question is whether the fact that NHTSA made fuel economy standards in the 70s, which were actually CO2 standards based on how it's measured, means that the Federal Government has the overall responsibility to regulate CO2 when California didn't address CO2 until into the 2000's.

California's air quality rules pre-date the Feds by about a year, which is why they get special treatment. And states are allowed to choose between California or Fed rules- and I think there are 9 "Green States" at the moment.

The over riding goal is to have one standard for everything. And it would be nice if it applied to fuels, too- have ONE fuel standard in the whole country- make our lives a lot better (and cheaper).

To the draconian comment- thanks to VW, the EU has responded with on road vehicle testing for certification, and I'm pretty sure that California will at least go that direction before lowering the standards more. And that's a lot harder than doing it in a lab. But since VW got creative in their cheating- they have made it harder for all of the OEM's. I'm still pretty mad at VW for that, and will never, ever, ever buy a VAG product. Including a P car.
                      Whoa whoa whoa. That bolded part is uncalled for. I am not against the rules at all, this all started about me wondering on the differing state laws/federal laws regarding vehicles (and besides, I wouldn't move to CA anyway )

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. That bolded part is uncalled for. I am not against the rules at all, this all started about me wondering on the differing state laws/federal laws regarding vehicles (and besides, I wouldn't move to CA anyway )
                        Based on the subjects we've discussed over the past very many years, I disagree. But you can think how you want. In the end, it's always the cheaters that ruin it for the rest of us.

And right now, cheater #1 is the moron in the White House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Oh, that's so good.

Catch the little "projection tv" at the bottom.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

More of dumps America .

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-trump-holding

Comment

Trump wouldn't tell Nancy cause it would leak, but he also wouldn't tell his own Chief Of Staff.

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney first learned about the U.S. military raid against ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after the operation was already underway, according to five current and former senior administration officials.

Mulvaney was at home in South Carolina when President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter Saturday night that “Something very big has just happened!” He was briefed on the raid that night, officials said.
                              https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ation-n1073731
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Trump wouldn't tell Nancy cause it would leak, but he also wouldn't tell his own Chief Of Staff.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ation-n1073731
                                You can't trust Mulvaney either. The guy is obviously trouble. Look at his resume. Hell, the last guy who hired him is a senile old man who lies all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X