Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78

Thread: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

  1. #41
    Go Wick!
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Essex Junction, Vermont
    Posts
    342

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Hey folks ... Great to know everyone is coming up with ways to get our broadcasts ....
    But isn't it about time we started talking about the team?
    Good start against UNE and now NEC and USM this weekend ...
    League games ... NO NIGHTS OFF!
    +1

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,064

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Plan on Being There Tonight and Saturday
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  3. #43
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    920

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    I will be watching from Florida, as I have been for over 5 years, only missed a few games in that time. While I would rather be at Kreitzberg, I still feel very connected to the team thanks to Norwich, WDEV and Blueframe/NSN.

    As For the games themselves. NEC and So. Maine will be a fair indicator of how Norwich will fair in the NEHC. NEC always plays rough and the Cadets need not retaliate because penalties can hurt the score. And So Maine has not always produced a lot of scoring opportunities but can surprise the Cadets especially if they are "playing down to the opponent". Puck Voice is right, there are No Nights Off, and the Cadets need to play the game the way they played the second half of last year. Solid D, pressured offense, and team unity is the key, and I believe the Cadets have that! There is a learning curve for the Freshman, but we have already seen Aubin play quite nicely last week!

    Good Luck tonight boys, don't forget the hundreds of folks that follow you from far away. I would cheer louder if I thought you might hear me, but then my neighbors would complain
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    179

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Hey folks ... Great to know everyone is coming up with ways to get our broadcasts ....
    But isn't it about time we started talking about the team?
    Good start against UNE and now NEC and USM this weekend ...
    League games ... NO NIGHTS OFF!
    Thanks George! First game was great, really was impressed with the team and excited to see them grow together even more. Breaking out of the zone was a little rough at times and setting up on the Power Play was a straight nightmare at times but once they did we saw how dangerous our Power Play can be. If we can be more efficient in setting up in the zone our Power Play will be lights out with the same puck movement we saw last week. Excited for the first league weekend and two game weekend of the season! As a side note I get a little geeked out on jersey's and aesthetics so I'm really pumped to see the throwback uniforms this weekend. They looked unreal in the pictures I saw and I'm overall not the biggest fan of the camos. Hope for some more fans too, lets fill the place up like we do towards the end of the season!

  5. #45
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    920

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Great saves by Aubrun, some great defensive plays & blocked shots, only minimal mistakes, great PK, great PP, and GREAT TEAM WORK 100% OF THE TIME! Excellent game against NEC tonight CADETS. At times again tonight, I thought I was watching a game from March 2019! Every one of the four Forward Lines and all three of the Defensive Lines contributed to the 7 Goals 14 Assists Shut Out. In more ways than just points. While 13 players gained points, the other 8 players were quietly doing their jobs and creating potential plays, blocking shots, being where they should be, good fore checking and making great passes. Aubrun was stellar in controlling his rebounds. It is awesome how well you played together in such a short time. Pride has indeed been retained at Kreitzberg Coach Ellsworth, as evidenced by the work ethic of the whole team, their strong Captains, and their skilled coaches. Great watching all of you! Proud of you guys, keep on rolling!

    Refs were too lax at times, were too quick to call at other times. They almost lost control of the game with all the frustration that was occurring on the ice in the 3rd period. Pretty much the game I thought NEC would bring, although I think they were a bit cleaner (than usual) in the first and second period. Norwich had some "Silly" penalties.... although some might have been "Silly"on the Ref's part.

    Be your best tomorrow Cadets, I'll be watching.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

  6. #46
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,767

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    Great saves by Aubrun, some great defensive plays & blocked shots, only minimal mistakes, great PK, great PP, and GREAT TEAM WORK 100% OF THE TIME! Excellent game against NEC tonight CADETS. At times again tonight, I thought I was watching a game from March 2019! Every one of the four Forward Lines and all three of the Defensive Lines contributed to the 7 Goals 14 Assists Shut Out. In more ways than just points. While 13 players gained points, the other 8 players were quietly doing their jobs and creating potential plays, blocking shots, being where they should be, good fore checking and making great passes. Aubrun was stellar in controlling his rebounds. It is awesome how well you played together in such a short time. Pride has indeed been retained at Kreitzberg Coach Ellsworth, as evidenced by the work ethic of the whole team, their strong Captains, and their skilled coaches. Great watching all of you! Proud of you guys, keep on rolling!

    Refs were too lax at times, were too quick to call at other times. They almost lost control of the game with all the frustration that was occurring on the ice in the 3rd period. Pretty much the game I thought NEC would bring, although I think they were a bit cleaner (than usual) in the first and second period. Norwich had some "Silly" penalties.... although some might have been "Silly"on the Ref's part.

    Be your best tomorrow Cadets, I'll be watching.
    Doesn't seem to change with NEC. Not sure what's in the water down in Henniker, but for decades it seems they have played on the edge against the Cadets.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    An idle question,who gets the revenue for the on-air ads that are played by George Como during the action? The radio station, who I assume pays Norwich for the broadcasts; Norwich, who pays for the air time; or NSN who provides the signal?
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

  8. #48
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,767

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    An idle question,who gets the revenue for the on-air ads that are played by George Como during the action? The radio station, who I assume pays Norwich for the broadcasts; Norwich, who pays for the air time; or NSN who provides the signal?
    It's not NSN, since NSN doesn't have involvement with Norwich any more. Norwich is paying Blueframe to stream the game but owns the stream. Maybe DEV gives Norwich a cut of the revenue (or not).
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    684

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    I'll be honest, haven't been able to watch the team yet. Been more focused on the football team and was up in New Mexico with the family this weekend. But next weekend I'll get the grill going early to watch the football team close out and the season and for the first big roadtrip of the year for hockey. Sounds like this team is a contender!

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,495

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Are the games going to be available on demand like in the past? I don't always get to see the games but loved to watch them(as well as other teams) but my schedule is 2nd shift so I can't never watch them live

  11. #51
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,461
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    Are the games going to be available on demand like in the past? I don't always get to see the games but loved to watch them(as well as other teams) but my schedule is 2nd shift so I can't never watch them live
    Our menís hockey games have not been available after the fact for quite some time unless there was a glitch with the Roku app through NSN. After the 2011-12 season we stopped making them available after the fact because our coaching staffs across all sports did not want all of our games out there across the board for scouting purposes.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,495

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Our menís hockey games have not been available after the fact for quite some time unless there was a glitch with the Roku app through NSN. After the 2011-12 season we stopped making them available after the fact because our coaching staffs across all sports did not want all of our games out there across the board for scouting purposes.
    I think there might have been a glitch, I know I saw at least couple games over the last year couple years...No worries, I understand why you can't have them on demand, just stinks for us 2nd shift workers...

  13. #53
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,461
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    I think there might have been a glitch, I know I saw at least couple games over the last year couple years...No worries, I understand why you can't have them on demand, just stinks for us 2nd shift workers...
    We might an option available for you in the near future...stay tuned.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,495

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    We might an option available for you in the near future...stay tuned.
    Sounds good, looking forward to it!

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    147

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Trying to view tonights game... no video link on Norwich schedule (in fact entire schedule is blank) and can't access from Hobart website either... can listen to WDEV live stream but video would be nice... anyone know what is going on?

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by nujack View Post
    Trying to view tonights game... no video link on Norwich schedule (in fact entire schedule is blank) and can't access from Hobart website either... can listen to WDEV live stream but video would be nice... anyone know what is going on?
    There is a link on the schedule page. Perhaps your internet?

    That said, the video feed shows warm ups while the live stats have the game half way through the first

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    We're watching it. Wife found it on Foxfire? I couldn't get it to load on the Hobart web site.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    147

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    We're watching it. Wife found it on Foxfire? I couldn't get it to load on the Hobart web site.
    Do you have the link? I stream stuff all the time and usually use the Norwich schedule as a starting point but when I load it it the content is totally blank screen.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    It's the Hobart site, looks just like the one that you access through the Norwich page. I'm computer illiterate and can't help anymore than that, sorry.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    It's a Firestick (?) my wife got from Amazon. Hooks into the smart TV and has a lot of different options. I'm clueless on that stuff.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •