Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH

Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Good game last night Cadets! Considering that it was the season opener, it was actually a great one as the team for the most part played together as if they had played all summer long! Even the Freshman forward Aubin looked like he had been on the team last year! Too many dirty hits from UNE, the last cross check by the Norwich bench was so high up that I thought it hit our player's neck/head. Their boarding penalties were equally dangerous. Hope UNE learns from this before anyone gets seriously hurt! PK was great and the PP looked good. My only concern was breaking out from the defensive zone which sometimes looked great and a few times awful. Passes were a little off at times. Then again, UNE was really pressing, so as an arm chair coach...what do I know? All in all, I think it was a great start to a new season, bring on the conference, we are ready!

Good video and sound, very little buffering and it was great to hear George and Cory. Yes, it was on Roku, loved watching it on the big screen!
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    Good game last night Cadets! Considering that it was the season opener, it was actually a great one as the team for the most part played together as if they had played all summer long! Even the Freshman forward Aubin looked like he had been on the team last year! Too many dirty hits from UNE, the last cross check by the Norwich bench was so high up that I thought it hit our player's neck/head. Their boarding penalties were equally dangerous. Hope UNE learns from this before anyone gets seriously hurt! PK was great and the PP looked good. My only concern was breaking out from the defensive zone which sometimes looked great and a few times awful. Passes were a little off at times. Then again, UNE was really pressing, so as an arm chair coach...what do I know? All in all, I think it was a great start to a new season, bring on the conference, we are ready!

Good video and sound, very little buffering and it was great to hear George and Cory. Yes, it was on Roku, loved watching it on the big screen!
    👍🏻

Pretty much exactly how I felt about the game. Was definitely worried about someone getting hurt...a lot of high hits and boarding but I expected it to be a rough game with ending their season suddenly last year. I will give UNE credit though at the end of the game the clocked ticked down as we held it against the boards and I was worried a little scrum might break out but they accepted defeat and didnít resort to anything unsportsmanlike. Power Play had some great movement....if we could get it in our zone that is. Not sure if itís the narrow ice at the arena or what but we always seem to have trouble getting set up or entering the zone on the power play. Didnít expect to win by any more than two goals coming into the game so was very satisfied with the result. Excited to watch this team keep getting better! Didnít watch the feed as I was there live but I heard the quality was great from others.

Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Pretty much exactly how I felt about the game. Was definitely worried about someone getting hurt...a lot of high hits and boarding but I expected it to be a rough game with ending their season suddenly last year. I will give UNE credit though at the end of the game the clocked ticked down as we held it against the boards and I was worried a little scrum might break out but they accepted defeat and didnít resort to anything unsportsmanlike. Power Play had some great movement....if we could get it in our zone that is. Not sure if itís the narrow ice at the arena or what but we always seem to have trouble getting set up or entering the zone on the power play. Didnít expect to win by any more than two goals coming into the game so was very satisfied with the result. Excited to watch this team keep getting better! Didnít watch the feed as I was there live but I heard the quality was great from others.
    Watched the stream from a car during a very long drive, very far from Northfield. Zero issues.

What's the ROKU app? I would love to not have to unplug my ROKU and plug in my computer.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    What's the ROKU app? I would love to not have to unplug my ROKU and plug in my computer.
    If your computer has blue tooth you can cast to the Roku Media App. I did it to see my hometown HS team football game on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I brought my Roku device from Walmart for about $25. You plug it in to your HDMI port on the TV and it has a number of programs you can run like Netflex, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, etc. Those you need a subscription for, but others are free, like Spectrum and NSN. Click on the NSN icon and then click College. You will see a listing of up coming or recent games. The Norwich game was broadcast live with George and Cory on Audio and within a 1/2 hour after broadcast, it was available for on demand. I don't think you need to pay anything to watch on demand, at least I have not experienced that. I have a 52 inch TV which is much better than my 17 inch monitor! Hope this gives you the info you need.

I brought my Roku device from Walmart for about $25. You plug it in to your HDMI port on the TV and it has a number of programs you can run like Netflex, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, etc. Those you need a subscription for, but others are free, like Spectrum and NSN. Click on the NSN icon and then click College. You will see a listing of up coming or recent games. The Norwich game was broadcast live with George and Cory on Audio and within a 1/2 hour after broadcast, it was available for on demand. I don't think you need to pay anything to watch on demand, at least I have not experienced that. I have a 52 inch TV which is much better than my 17 inch monitor! Hope this gives you the info you need.
    Norwich isn't using NSN for streaming anymore, were you just getting the audio?

r

Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post

r
    Apparently Blueframe videos are on NSN. I got audio and video

r
    I watched part of the replay on NSN. Had audio & video.

Apparently Blueframe videos are on NSN. I got audio and video
    I just went to NSN on my ROKU to search for upcoming games. At the bottom of the page it says Powered by Blue Frame Technologies. Guess that clears up the NSN questions.

r
    I just went to NSN on my ROKU to search for upcoming games. At the bottom of the page it says Powered by Blue Frame Technologies. Guess that clears up the NSN questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    👍🏻 Good to know, and thanks!

Maroon and Gold Since '99

This was a technical glitch as both Norwich and NSN are Blueframe customers. Our streams will no longer appear on NSN's website or Roku App.
    WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
    NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
    Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
    This was a technical glitch as both Norwich and NSN are Blueframe customers. Our streams will no longer appear on NSN's website or Roku App.
    NOOOOOO!

Buy an HDMI cord. Hook your device up to the big screen. Works like a charm. Norwich football and Norwich hockey on my 55Ē screen every weekend from September - March.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Buy an HDMI cord. Hook your device up to the big screen. Works like a charm. Norwich football and Norwich hockey on my 55” screen every weekend from September - March.
    Yup
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Yup
    If your laptop has Blue tooth and you have a ROKU/ROKU TV you can cast directly using the ROKU media app.

Hey folks ... Great to know everyone is coming up with ways to get our broadcasts ....
    But isn't it about time we started talking about the team?
    Good start against UNE and now NEC and USM this weekend ...
    League games ... NO NIGHTS OFF!

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Hey folks ... Great to know everyone is coming up with ways to get our broadcasts ....
    But isn't it about time we started talking about the team?
    Good start against UNE and now NEC and USM this weekend ...
    League games ... NO NIGHTS OFF!
    We just want to see our team play. Some of us don't live there
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Thread Information