Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 248

Thread: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    I was impressed with USM’s goalie

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    293

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I’m super frustrated...I’m guessing my frustration is being amplified by how obnoxious the USM play by play guy is*

    *I do appreciate his enthusiasm for his team
    The man channels his inner Johnny Most!

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    708

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Heading into the third down 2-0...I'll take a tie.

    I thought Norwich looked sharp all night. They were really pressing USM all through the second until they got pulled in a little too deep and got bit on the 2-1 to go down 2-0. Follow that up with back-to-back overlapping penalties and it looked like it was going to be one of those nights. Proud of the team for continuing to press, make the comeback, and come out with a point. Perhaps not ideal, but not disastrous either.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Heading into the third down 2-0...I'll take a tie.

    I thought Norwich looked sharp all night. They were really pressing USM all through the second until they got pulled in a little too deep and got bit on the 2-1 to go down 2-0. Follow that up with back-to-back overlapping penalties and it looked like it was going to be one of those nights. Proud of the team for continuing to press, make the comeback, and come out with a point. Perhaps not ideal, but not disastrous either.
    Agreed. I went from furious to elated when “we” tied it up, so I won’t complain too much about a tie!

  5. #145
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,608
    Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.
    Very tough. This recent trend of going down 0-1 early has got to stop, or it could be a cruddy visit to Henniker.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,079

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.
    YES With a win and 2 Points up by 3 a loss down by 1
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    And it's a win, 4-2. The Cadets increase their lead in the conference.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    burlington,vt
    Posts
    155

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    norwich played a complete sixty minute game today-- good defense - good offense- terrific special teams--terrific road win against a very good team

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    708

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Well, thought it was a 700 game, so missed it. But happy to see the W!

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Well, thought it was a 700 game, so missed it. But happy to see the W!
    I wish. I reeeaaalllyyy wish the NEHC played 7:00 pm games on Saturdays.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Flint, did you make a run to Henniker for the game? Also wanted to ask you if you heard Ed Harding’s “Coach’s Corner” interview last evening? He shared a very valid observation about the Cadets. Not a criticism, but I think something that’s very true about the team for the last 3-4 seasons.

  13. #153
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    He shared a very valid observation about the Cadets. Not a criticism, but I think something that’s very true about the team for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Which was?

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Flint, did you make a run to Henniker for the game? Also wanted to ask you if you heard Ed Harding’s “Coach’s Corner” interview last evening? He shared a very valid observation about the Cadets. Not a criticism, but I think something that’s very true about the team for the last 3-4 seasons.
    I didn’t hear it. What did he say?

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Flint, did you make a run to Henniker for the game? Also wanted to ask you if you heard Ed Harding’s “Coach’s Corner” interview last evening? He shared a very valid observation about the Cadets. Not a criticism, but I think something that’s very true about the team for the last 3-4 seasons.
    And while I caught both games on the stream, I was not there in person. My dad was at the USM game last night though!

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I didn’t hear it. What did he say?
    Keep pressing, keep throwing pucks in; they will make a mistake...

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Keep pressing, keep throwing pucks in; they will make a mistake...
    Probably SOME validity to that. However, when they’re “on”, you might be down 4-0 before they make a mistake!

    I’m concerned about the frequency with which the Cadets allow the opponent to score first. So far, it hasn’t been a big deal, as they do have the firepower to overcome deficits. But, I’m worried about giving powerhouse teams a lead and trying to come back.

    Nonetheless, the Cadets are 14-2-2 , in the NEHC driver’s seat, and headed back to the Berg.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    149

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Keep pressing, keep throwing pucks in; they will make a mistake...
    But couldn't you say that about any team? Sounds like motherhood and apple pie to me.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,316

    Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

    Can't overstate the significance of both games this weekend .... two big third period comebacks!
    Sure I too would love to see the team jump out early and cruise to wins, but this is a tough league ... tougher than it has ever been. To be able to come back and get big points ... especially on the road ... is huge!

  20. #160
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,608
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Can't overstate the significance of both games this weekend .... two big third period comebacks!
    Sure I too would love to see the team jump out early and cruise to wins, but this is a tough league ... tougher than it has ever been. To be able to come back and get big points ... especially on the road ... is huge!
    In today’s NEHC, I’ll take 3 points on any weekend. Home or away.

    I’ve been preaching this for three years now that there are 40 good teams in Division III hockey and most of the NEHC teams fall within that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •