Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Yes, why wouldn't you ??
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      I love the AQ and so should you.
      I'm fine with it, but it should go to the RS champion.

(BTW tonight's game is being streamed via the Stevenson site.)

Bold prediction time: Stevenson, with its 17 Jrs and Srs, is definitely the favorite, but not by much.

Still, you'd have to give the nod to the home team if you had any sense.

I have more optimism than sense, and I predict a tie.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-06-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

OK, but I was close. I see Stevenson as the favorite to win the RS.

Very entertaining game to watch. But UC (or any other team) can finish as low as 6th and still be within a couple of wins of an NCAA berth.

Makes perfect sense, right?
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-06-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

After this weekend I think a split is more than acceptable. Considering the travel and some other factors..getting a win at Stevenson would have been a huge steal. See Wilkes, Utica and Stevenson as the top three to take the league. Then not to give Fish more ammo but anything can happen in the postseason. BTW how many auto bids are there along with at large...asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
            After this weekend I think a split is more than acceptable. Considering the travel and some other factors..getting a win at Stevenson would have been a huge steal. See Wilkes, Utica and Stevenson as the top three to take the league. Then not to give Fish more ammo but anything can happen in the postseason. BTW how many auto bids are there along with at large...asking for a friend.
            I generally agree, but I'm not going to count Elmira out, either. That 1st line is beyond outstanding.

As far as your other comment, it would be very likely that Wilkes would garner an AL bid at this moment, assuming they didn't win a silly, add-on, after-the-fact, fundamentally-BS conference tournament AQ bid.

(Couldn't help myself! )
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-08-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Fish, getting mixed signals on UC, seems like they're very good one night then so so. Heenan's teams seem to be inconsistent every year, what's your take ?
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Fish, getting mixed signals on UC, seems like they're very good one night then so so. Heenan's teams seem to be inconsistent every year, what's your take ?
                When does the new D3 Poll come out? A bunch of teams played last week?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  My take: a completely-decent 1st half of the season. Playing better as they go along. Heard that Landrigan and Baggs will be back from injuries after the holidays, which is good news.

Wilkes and Stevenson are the teams to beat in the UCHC right now, though. (Who woulda thunk it, a couple of years back?) If UC can fare well at Adrian and Oswego, that'll help as to any AL consideration.

BUT, I'm guessing that Utica will be a bridesmaid yet again this season. Pretty good team, but maybe not good enough.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-18-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                    When does the new D3 Poll come out? A bunch of teams played last week?
                    That poll doesn't matter in any shape or form, nefan. The PWR does, and it's current on here right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      That poll doesn't matter in any shape or form, nefan. The PWR does, and it's current on here right now.
                      Understood, but I enjoy seeing what some of the coaches and writers think. The poll is usually an eye test of what people are seeing on the ice!! Was curious to see what it would look like after the 2 Eau-Clare losses and the Trinity loss. Have a great holiday!!

Comment

Understood, but I enjoy seeing what some of the coaches and writers think. The poll is usually an eye test of what people are seeing on the ice!! Was curious to see what it would look like after the 2 Eau-Clare losses and the Trinity loss. Have a great holiday!!
                        I wanted to see it too, but at this point looks like we'll be waiting until January
                        #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                          I wanted to see it too, but at this point looks like we'll be waiting until January
                          Yeah, not only the losses by Eau-Clare and trinity but wins by Adrain, Salve, Augsburg, Hobart. Would’ve been interesting to see how that shook out. Oh well.

Comment

Sorry if I sounded snotty. The poll means jack, but I always take an interest in it as well. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Comment

UC wins a wild one at Adrian. At least a tie tomorrow will be very helpful should they need to contend for an AL bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                UC wins a wild one at Adrian. At least a tie tomorrow will be very helpful should they need to contend for an AL bid.
                                Was a very fun 2nd half of the 3rd.
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X