Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Purple Cows are one team I’ve always liked. Back in the old WCHA days they always played the Sioux tough. Now they have a kid I coached for a couple summers on a AAA team in Jared Spooner. Great kid but I hope he does well next weekend but with a couple L’s
    Also a fun place to watch a game.

Comment

Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Not a pretty game but a win is a win. Hopefully a better effort tomorrow and another win.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Up in Reno watching the game on a tablet at a brewery.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Not a pretty game but a win is a win. Hopefully a better effort tomorrow and another win.
          Could not imagine having to watch Bemidji every weekend. Play lock down D but they are good at it, against UND anyways. Kawaguchi gets the tying goal and Michaud gets the winner in overtime
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Took UND 55 minutes to score last night. Tonight 36 seconds
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Took UND 55 minutes to score last night. Tonight 36 seconds
              Nice, solid victory tonight. I'm still not quite sure where this team will end up, but I do believe the program has turned the corner after the last couple seasons.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I think they have too. I was a little disappointed that they slacked off the last five minutes and cost Scheel the shutout, but all in all, a solid win.

Comment

Could not imagine having to watch Bemidji every weekend. Play lock down D but they are good at it, against UND anyways. Kawaguchi gets the tying goal and Michaud gets the winner in overtime
                  Preach!

Comment

Team is holding opponents to the fewest shots on net in the nation and only gave up 15 to Michigan Tech last night winning 3-1. One thing that still stinks is the powerplay. Way to predictable
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Team is holding opponents to the fewest shots on net in the nation and only gave up 15 to Michigan Tech last night winning 3-1. One thing that still stinks is the powerplay. Way to predictable
                      So far the PP is worse than last year but I think it will improve - hopefully real soon. Getting the puck in the zone with possession has to be better than dump and chase. Doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        So far the PP is worse than last year but I think it will improve - hopefully real soon. Getting the puck in the zone with possession has to be better than dump and chase. Doesn't it?
                        It's possible to be too defensive on PPs, and I think that may be some of it. They seem to be getting in the zone OK, and they can control the puck fairly well. None of their D have shown that ability to move along the blue line and find lanes to shoot the puck through. Again, they may just being careful not to create a blocked shot breakaway. I think the PP will improve just as the team has improved overall.

Comment

Last night's game didn't seem like the blowout the score would indicate. I thought the first ten minutes were very even and then the puck started going in the net, with two straight PP goals. SOG were not nearly as lopsided as the final score but unlike last season the shots were coming from prime scoring areas. Last season this would have been a 3-1 game.

Comment

How this wasn’t a major penalty is beyond me. Hell it was even reviewed

https://mobile.***********/recoverin...61947803832322
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Big early series at Denver this coming weekend. Split would be good and a sweep would be great. Obviously getting swept would suck.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Budy signs but 3 don’t
                                https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...signs-with-UND

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ters-of-Intent
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X