Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Afraid I missed all the action, but nice to see the happy outcome.

    Somebody had trouble with the second period again - and it wasn't RPI.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colonie, NY
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Without snow it takes a week for UConn's dog sled to get to Troy.
    Imagine my surprise when showing up at home that we were able to get a 5-1 lead on the way to a 2-goal win.
    Off to a surprisingly good start and has a decent chance for a couple of wins next weekend with a rematch with UConn and Canisius coming to HFH.
    Special congrats to Linden Marshall for picking up his first win in a very long time....

  3. #63
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,859

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Was able to follow this one from a friend's home but was not posting. UConn was able to out shoot us and had some very decent chances and perhaps the score was not really representative when we went up 5-1. But so far this year we are 1-1 and have scored 8 goals (but had 8 scored against us). We will have to get he goals against down to close to 2 to be a really competitive team but I never expected we would be averaging 4 goals per game on offense!! Hard to judge even after these games how we stand but no question that we seem to have a lot more offense and an ability to put the puck in the net that has been sorely lacking for some time. In many of the past few years it could take us 4 to 6 games to score 8 times.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Without snow it takes a week for UConn's dog sled to get to Troy.
    Without a dog sled, it may take a week for Canisius to get out of North Dakota.

  5. #65
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    201,889

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Was able to follow this one from a friend's home but was not posting. UConn was able to out shoot us and had some very decent chances and perhaps the score was not really representative when we went up 5-1. But so far this year we are 1-1 and have scored 8 goals (but had 8 scored against us). We will have to get he goals against down to close to 2 to be a really competitive team but I never expected we would be averaging 4 goals per game on offense!! Hard to judge even after these games how we stand but no question that we seem to have a lot more offense and an ability to put the puck in the net that has been sorely lacking for some time. In many of the past few years it could take us 4 to 6 games to score 8 times.
    We also have the ability to win faceoffs.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: RPI at UConn, 10/12/19 - be ready for the second 20 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    Without a dog sled, it may take a week for Canisius to get out of North Dakota.
    The Studebaker Brothers: Better known for their wagons.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •