Brexit 2: Happy Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Crazy. We're the generation that sees the UK dissolve.
    It's going to be so weird to see Mini-Coopers with the St. George's Cross painted on the roof and not the Union Jack.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Brexit 2: Happy Halloween

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Crazy. We're the generation that sees the UK dissolve.
      And conservatism is going to be what killed them.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        It's going to be so weird to see Mini-Coopers with the St. George's Cross painted on the roof and not the Union Jack.
        It's a way better flag.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          And conservatism is going to be what killed them.
          This isn't conservatism. This is American style radical reactionary xenophobia.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This isn't conservatism. This is American style radical reactionary xenophobia.
            I agree. But I thought I would defer to what they like to call themselves. It ups the irony that way.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I agree. But I thought I would defer to what they like to call themselves. It ups the irony that way.
              True. They sure are "conserving." Nations, rights, the Earth itself.

We should rename it consumptionism.
              Cornell University

Comment

https://t.co/L9wdPY6HaV?amp=1
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Huh. The Hillary Effect.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Huh. The Hillary Effect.
                    And much like Hilary, his lack of anything resembling charisma or leadership doesn’t help.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Yes. Boris is smart, the smeghead routine is a bit. But he's rabidly ambitious and a quintessence of evil and he's used the full stable of populist xenophobic horses to ride to power.

Dump is an inept loser whose danger derives from the massive power of the US arsenal. A baby with a gun.

Boris leads an impotent, exhausted island but his danger derives from his cunning. A sociopath with a tea cup.
                      Great analogy and not just because of the reference to Arnold Judas Rimmer, Bronze Swimming Certificate.

He's smarter than Cameron and Theresa May, that's for sure.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Does this make it any easier for them to get any sort of Brexit package actually passed?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Does this make it any easier for them to get any sort of Brexit package actually passed?
                          How can it not? They’ve got a 40+ seat majority and an electoral mandate, they can do whatever the f- they want for the next five years.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            How can it not? They’ve got a 40+ seat majority and an electoral mandate, they can do whatever the f- they want for the next five years.
                            Did they conservatives have unanimous Brexit consensus going into the election, though? I thought they were still a lot of splits on what they wanted; did this resolve that?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Did they conservatives have unanimous Brexit consensus going into the election, though? I thought they were still a lot of splits on what they wanted; did this resolve that?
                              Johnson had the Tories running specifically on Brexit and getting it done. There’ll probably be some opposition but there’s no way any of it will matter.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

This was a defacto 2nd referendum
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X