Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
    . lack of production isn't related to lack of talent but lack of chemistry. !
    What he said.
    pretty much sums up tonight.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
      I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to our new media deal. Anyone know how I can watch tonight's game? It's not on NU stretch internet or CAA.tv
      sorry for late reply but just came across your post.
      someone on the gonumhky twitter feed said tonight's gm was available (out of market) on CBSi.
      Not sure what that is and/ or if future out of market NESN, NESN+ games can be viewed there as well, but something to keep in mind for next time.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I have NESN (but not NESN+) on my Verizon FiOS package (Ch 97 here in the WashDC area). The NU-HC game was listed on the NESN+ schedule (B's-Leafs was listed for NESN), so not having Plus, I went about my business and checked in on the live stats from time-to-time on nuhuskes.com. Got back home and turned on the TV, and was surprised to find NU-HC was being carried live on NESN (Ch 97). So at least got to watch the third period and OT. I'm guessing that B's games are blacked out outside of New England and they backfill that blacked-out NESN slot with whatever is showing on NESN+. Maybe someone who knows the media business can shed some light.

And FWIW, both NESN and NESN+ are also on DirecTV. Probably depends on which package you have but all of the sports bars in this area seem to have both.

So far as the game goes, they say a tie is like kissing your sister. But in this case, it felt more like being bitten by the dog! NU has been a relatively prolific scoring team the past few years but the offensive mojo seems to be missing so far.
        Last edited by Split-N; 10-20-2019, 10:19 AM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Thanks for the tv responses. So it looks like the majority of NU mens hockey home games will be streamed on CBS. $6 a month subscription. What annoys me is that the other NU sports will be streamed on flosports, which is like $20 a month. To go from free to $26 a month to watch NU sports is a big shock. Not only that, but I used to be able to watch the games on Roku, now I cant even if I pay. What a bust this media deal is for me, i really hope the school is making a lot of money out of it because it's at the expense of fans like me. But I understand that's how the world works, so I try to appreciate the free games I've been able to watch the last decade or so.

As for the team, I am fairly worried about our offense. Two goals a game, doesnt seem like too many grade A chances. Hopefully we can get better as the season goes on. It's just a bit deflating to be bu and umass put up 5, 6, and 7 against union when we only put up 2. But at least the defense seems pretty solid.

Comment

For what its worth, you can watch the CBS games on Roku. There's an app for it. FloSports is terrible but the CAA signed that deal, NU had no choice. From what I know, NU isn't any happier with it than you are.

Comment

Tyler Madden had 2 goals but did anybody notice he was trying to do way too much on his own? The power play can’t get any worse so we got that going for us lol. If we split next weekend that’s a good sign. This team can surely still win another Beanpot that’s for sure. We have incredible talent all around it’s just gonna take some time to figure out who plays what role.
              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

not so sure this yr’s squad has the goods for the ‘pot. still too early, & questions in goal & on offense remain (the St Cloud trip will tell us how goaltending stacks up to the bigger names). Our D is our one positive. Some of our local brethren have dearth of talent as well along with the chemistry (especially the Terriers). If the forwards can gel some, get consistent scoring going (including converting on the PP - which goes back to chemistry); then we can talk about Feb & beyond.

Let’s just try get better each week & get through October first.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

So UMass loses to Northeastern but somehow moves up to #3 from #4 in the USCHO poll (but drops to #5 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Poll). NU moves up #11 both polls, mostly thanks to losses by other ranked teams. Looks like NU isn't the only team searching for chemistry.

The tie vs HC clearly cost NU a spot in the top ten.
                  Last edited by Split-N; 10-21-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

https://www.mystateline.com/sports/d...kford-icehogs/

nice to read dylan sikura plugging away, knocking on that nhl door again.

interesting to read he has a brother that also skates for the ice hogs. makes me wonder.. how come we never saw the sikura brothers at NU ? (dartmouth probably thinking the same.. )
                    in all honesty, if they were around same age.. would've been fun to watch, seeing they are linemates in rockford and working well together.
                    wishing them the best, especially dylan & hopefully cracks the blackhawks line up again soon.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

USCHO game of the week. Huskies vs Huskies.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/10/25/usc...-northeastern/
                      Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post
                        USCHO game of the week. Huskies vs Huskies.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/10/25/usc...-northeastern/
                        I hope the game is played more evenly than the article.. which was/ is, all SCSU.
                        Go NU
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          I hope the game is played more evenly than the article.. which was/ is, all SCSU.
                          Go NU
                          Not to worry. That was the SCSU advance, intended primarily for fans and local media. Everyone else, including NU, does the same thing in advance of home games. Here is a much more balanced presentation from the SCSU fan blog via the Northeastern Hockey Blog: https://centericeview.wordpress.com/...ies-with-scsu/

...and this week's USCHO podcast featuring JM: https://www.uscho.com/2019/10/24/no-...n-2-episode-4/

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Not to worry. That was the SCSU advance, intended primarily for fans and local media. Everyone else, including NU, does the same thing in advance of home games. Here is a much more balanced presentation from the SCSU fan blog via the Northeastern Hockey Blog: https://centericeview.wordpress.com/...ies-with-scsu/

...and this week's USCHO podcast featuring JM: https://www.uscho.com/2019/10/24/no-...n-2-episode-4/
                            ha, thanks. i was only half kidding but the reality is, i do expect SCSU to be a challenging series for this NU team. hopefully through couple gms, they can give us something (positive) to talk about.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Can't find the game on radio. I'm using tunein to get to SCSU's station.
                              Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                                Can't find the game on radio. I'm using tunein to get to SCSU's station.
                                https://985thesportshub.com/2019/09/12/hubcast-hd2/

1-0 Northeastern early, Picking with the goal
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X