No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    May come by the Matthews tonight. Are you guys serving beer in there yet?
    Yes, but only in the Varsity Club lounge at the Zamboni end. AFAIK, pre-game is limited to donors and maybe season ticket holders. Open to the public once the puck drops.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Yes, but only in the Varsity Club lounge at the Zamboni end. AFAIK, pre-game is limited to donors and maybe season ticket holders. Open to the public once the puck drops.
      Pregame is now open to the pubic. I'd advise anyone coming to the game to hit up the Varsity Club first before puck drop and get a wristband before the game starts so you beat the intermission rushes and waits.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• another decent effort in goal thus far & our power play is clicking tonight, TG! Hey, anything to get the scoring/ offense going.
        Go NU
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They looked great the 1st 10 mins and came out flying and then for the next 2.5 periods kind of they looked like they have most of this season so far when playing on 5 on 5, which is sloppy and lacking discipline. However, tonight they went 3 for 8 on the PP, which was the difference. It was pretty poor hockey to boot with >70 PM's including 3 game misconducts and 20 + players taking the box.

On the brighter side, it was a 3 point weekend and Pantano was 4 mins from a shutout. My sons left at the end of the 2nd noting that the quality of the hockey isn't what it has been in recent years, but really I think we knew this but were thinking that some of the kids would look better now 20% of the way in.

It just isn't looking like we have more than one 20 point player on the team.They simply do not have the offensive talent, aside from perhaps Madden they don't have the guns. He has been standout along with Jordan Harris as an Offensive D man, but if not for Pantano they would be in big trouble. We do not have any really strong offensive lines this year with 3 guys who can light the lamp and put it away & seal it up.

As a result I think it's going to be a grind even against a team like MC, they are just going to have to find a way but I think we need to lower the expectations a bit.
          Last edited by RossiRules; 11-09-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Still concerned about the offense (any Solow sightings lately)? Three goals is nice but keep in mind that they were all on the PP (which is encouraging in itself) but they're still stuck at 2.3GPG with not much happening 5x5. OTOH, can't ask much more of the defense and goaltending.

Comment

• after losing some of the players & goaltending, we knew it was going to be that kind of year.

Yet some of us (me included), were just hoping for surprises or whatever wishing for the winning to continue.
              That is obviously not going to happen and the Providence wknd should put us in our place. We have a lot of young faces and it’ll take a bit of time to get this going again & then, we’ll be happy again! but until then, this is going to be a grind and we just have to celebrate the little victories as and when they come.

So for now, 3 pt wknd and hope they get to practice hard and smart all week. Go from there.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ...We have a lot of young faces and it’ll take a bit of time to get this going again & then, we’ll be happy again! but until then, this is going to be a grind and we just have to celebrate the little victories as and when they come...
                We might recall that the 2015-16 HEA Championship team suddenly found its mojo in Belfast. This year's team will be in Belfast in two weeks. Just sayin'.

Comment

We might recall that the 2015-16 HEA Championship team suddenly found its mojo in Belfast. This year's team will be in Belfast in two weeks. Just sayin'.
                  Well I certainly hope not Excited to go and to meet up with all HE fans! Trying to find a way to get into that "Thanksgiving Gala" at the Titanic museum Thursday....Going to be a great experience!! Who's going from here?
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Well I certainly hope not Excited to go and to meet up with all HE fans! Trying to find a way to get into that "Thanksgiving Gala" at the Titanic museum Thursday....Going to be a great experience!! Who's going from here?
                    Me, for one (arriving morning of the first game). I know that a Boston-based group is also going but I don't know how many or who they are. I'm staying on after the tournament to take in some of the local sights and then go down to Dublin for a few days, and then on to Cork and Kerry, where I have relatives.

I also went in 2015 and had the time of my life. Notwithstanding the Thanksgiving Gala, the Titanic Museum should be on everyone's Must See list. It is stunning, and is built next to the slipways where Titanic and Olympic (her sister ship) were constructed. It also has a nice gift shop where you can pick up reproductions of china and glassware, among other things, used by the first-class passengers. And other nice and unusual gifts.

If you get to Dublin, be sure to stop at Madigan's Pub, on O'Connell St. near the GPO.

Comment

Me, for one (arriving morning of the first game). I know that a Boston-based group is also going but I don't know how many or who they are. I'm staying on after the tournament to take in some of the local sights and then go down to Dublin for a few days, and then on to Cork and Kerry, where I have relatives.

I also went in 2015 and had the time of my life. Notwithstanding the Thanksgiving Gala, the Titanic Museum should be on everyone's Must See list. It is stunning, and is built next to the slipways where Titanic and Olympic (her sister ship) were constructed. It also has a nice gift shop where you can pick up reproductions of china and glassware, among other things, used by the first-class passengers. And other nice and unusual gifts.

If you get to Dublin, be sure to stop at Madigan's Pub, on O'Connell St. near the GPO.
                      Thanks for the travel tips! We are flying into Dublin and renting a car (heaven help us) and driving North towards Belfast. If the weather isn't atrocious we plan to go to the Cliffs and then onto Belfast. I've been a Titanic enthusiast since a kid and have seen a few exhibits here in the states and am really pumped about the museum....already bought tix!! Wish I had more time; not retired unfortunately so it will be 4 wild and wooly days. I think the Gala is reserved for people who booked the tours offered by UNH/NU. But am hoping there's a way to do that regardless? Incredibly this is my first trip to Europe so I'm hoping for a great experience (win or lose )
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...nst-merrimack/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          thx for recap & Friars def top heavy. They can score, & often.
                          Big test, tough wknd coming up. Hopefully iCoaches have game plan, team can make something out of it.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Per reports, both Sam Colangelo and Gunnarwolfe Fontaine signed LOIs yesterday. The latter a cinch to make the NU all-time all-name team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              The latter a cinch to make the NU all-time all-name team.
                              Bing..o
                              er, I mean Jack Pott.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• getting outshot like 35 to single digits... not a good recipe for points.
                                Pantano keeping it close thus far but for how long.
                                Will be tough going this wknd.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X