Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

All Hail

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

The merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years to all the denizens of this board. Even Mr. Mookie
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Hope Harris & Keefer are back in tonight vs UConn; if not... hopefully for Monday's gm against our 'kryptonite' for sure.
    Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    Hope Harris & Keefer are back in tonight vs UConn; if not... hopefully for Monday's gm against our 'kryptonite' for sure.
    Go Huskies
    I'll be shocked if they are as I would assume they'd get home sometime this evening / tonight. They'll probably be back for the Bentley game.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Liveatjrl View Post
    I'll be shocked if they are as I would assume they'd get home sometime this evening / tonight. They'll probably be back for the Bentley game.
    Agree. Even if they were able to hop the pond overnight they'd be seriously jet-lagged. Not a big issue for JK but playing Harris would probably not be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    Agree. Even if they were able to hop the pond overnight they'd be seriously jet-lagged. Not a big issue for JK but playing Harris would probably not be a good idea.
    yeah... makes sense.
    I sincerely hope our luck changes at the XL Ctr tonight. Games after long layover (UConn having played Ledyard Classic over the holidays), can be a boon or not so much for team with the layover.
    Go NU!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

All Hail

...Games after long layover (UConn having played Ledyard Classic over the holidays), can be a boon or not so much for team with the layover.
    Go NU!
    I'm frankly more concerned with whether or not any/all of Bucheler/Struble/Kislin are still on the IL.

I'm frankly more concerned with whether or not any/all of Bucheler/Struble/Kislin are still on the IL.
    All 3 are back in the starting lineup tonight!

so far so good.
    although we are sometimes prone to give up 3 goal leads.
    👽

so far so good.
    although we are sometimes prone to give up 3 goal leads.
    👽
    somettimes

2016 Hockey East Overlords

We have our goalie. Quebec native Devon Levi of Carleton Place of the CCHL and Lac St-Louis. Was committed to Vermont until today. Named MVP of the World Junior A championships last month including a 40+ save win over Colangelo/Fontaine and the USA. More to come on the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    We have our goalie. Quebec native Devon Levi of Carleton Place of the CCHL and Lac St-Louis. Was committed to Vermont until today. Named MVP of the World Junior A championships last month including a 40+ save win over Colangelo/Fontaine and the USA. More to come on the blog.
    Great news!

nice way to start 2nd half of the season.!..
    & the W tonight @ the XL wasn’t bad either

If Harris and Madden both stay for another year, we're going to be really really good next year.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 and 2019 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    If Harris and Madden both stay for another year, we're going to be really really good next year.
    Pretty sure Madden will unfortunately leave with the year he's having but Harris should be back for at least 1 more year.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Liveatjrl View Post
    Pretty sure Madden will unfortunately leave with the year he's having but Harris should be back for at least 1 more year.
    I see it as the other way around. Madden IMO would get eaten up and spit out at the pro level, spectacular as his play at the college level might be. Harris's stock went way up based on his play at the WJC, plus his physical development is ahead of Madden's at this point. So I see Harris as the flight risk.

But even if one or both of them leave, the remaining players plus the projected frosh should make for a scarily good team.

I see it as the other way around. Madden IMO would get eaten up and spit out at the pro level, spectacular as his play at the college level might be. Harris's stock went way up based on his play at the WJC, plus his physical development is ahead of Madden's at this point. So I see Harris as the flight risk.

But even if one or both of them leave, the remaining players plus the projected frosh should make for a scarily good team.
    I really hope you're right and prefer this scenario!

I feel good about Monday... even though I should not (in advance).

great team W last night!

Don't look now but Hockey East has 5 teams in the top 12 of the Pairwise. The bottom of HE leaves something to be desired but this year's top half is strong. I don't think there's a great team (although BC has the talent to become one), but all 5 teams staying in the NCAA picture wouldn't shock me.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 and 2019 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

2016 Hockey East Overlords

agree, Atlantic Hickey or not... they had better be up for things this Monday.

Thread Information