Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Never heard what the Alaska fans chose to do in their tour of Michigan
    First off, thanks for welcoming us into Houghton. Never been much of a 'you should see the fall colours' kind of guy but I have to admit the two towns overlooked by flourescent red, green and orange trees on either side of the river was truly beautiful. We were told to get to the game early but the entry of the band was still startling and great. You are really lucky to have such an amazing student section, band, arena and fan base.

The games were awesome and we were very happy to bear witness to the end of your your 16-game win dominance against Alaska! (end gloat). Pretty much followed Davyd83's advice and happily sauced up at DT and stuffed ourselves pre-game at the Ambassador (lines were too crazy to get into Suomi). Shout out to Clyde's in St Ignace. Still haven't been able fact check Houghton being the 'home of the first professional hockey player' but I'll take you on your word.

Oh yeah, Air Canada lost our luggage for a few days so our apologies to anyone who had to stand within sniffing distance of us during our visit.

Epilogue: After Houghton we ended watching Green Bay squeak out a win again the Detroit Lions on Monday Night Football. Had a coffee and monster infused nightmarish freeway toll paying day getting from Green Bay to Pittsburgh. Played with the floating clouds at the Warhol museum in the afternoon then watched Crosby score a beauty against the Avalanche (3rd row seats behind the glass for $65???). Sat through Friday night's Penn/Alaska stinker (student section amazingly friendly before the game and merciless during) followed by the Saturday night Penn/Alaska beauty. Finished it all off with the Penn State/Michigan whiteout football game. Epic trip. Glad to be home. Hope to visit Houghton again. Go Nooks!

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by hawerchuk View Post
      First off, thanks for welcoming us into Houghton. Never been much of a 'you should see the fall colours' kind of guy but I have to admit the two towns overlooked by flourescent red, green and orange trees on either side of the river was truly beautiful. We were told to get to the game early but the entry of the band was still startling and great. You are really lucky to have such an amazing student section, band, arena and fan base.

The games were awesome and we were very happy to bear witness to the end of your your 16-game win dominance against Alaska! (end gloat). Pretty much followed Davyd83's advice and happily sauced up at DT and stuffed ourselves pre-game at the Ambassador (lines were too crazy to get into Suomi). Shout out to Clyde's in St Ignace. Still haven't been able fact check Houghton being the 'home of the first professional hockey player' but I'll take you on your word.

Oh yeah, Air Canada lost our luggage for a few days so our apologies to anyone who had to stand within sniffing distance of us during our visit.

Epilogue: After Houghton we ended watching Green Bay squeak out a win again the Detroit Lions on Monday Night Football. Had a coffee and monster infused nightmarish freeway toll paying day getting from Green Bay to Pittsburgh. Played with the floating clouds at the Warhol museum in the afternoon then watched Crosby score a beauty against the Avalanche (3rd row seats behind the glass for $65???). Sat through Friday night's Penn/Alaska stinker (student section amazingly friendly before the game and merciless during) followed by the Saturday night Penn/Alaska beauty. Finished it all off with the Penn State/Michigan whiteout football game. Epic trip. Glad to be home. Hope to visit Houghton again. Go Nooks!
      Glad you had a great time!
      Should have mentioned the iPass to you going through Chicago-land, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.

Comment

Yeah. The iPass/EZPass Open Road Tolling makes it way easier than sitting in a tollbooth.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by hawerchuk View Post

Glad you had a great trip!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I could have sworn Joe said on his show that we had a series scheduled at Michigan with no return trip. But now their coach said on his radio show that they're coming to Houghton next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              I could have sworn Joe said on his show that we had a series scheduled at Michigan with no return trip. But now their coach said on his radio show that they're coming to Houghton next fall.
              I believe the Skunkheads are coming up to kick off the 100th season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                I believe the Skunkheads are coming up to kick off the 100th season.

I can confirm that.

Comment

Is Tech the school with the longest history of College Hockey. Surely there is someone out there with a history just as long!
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Is Tech the school with the longest history of College Hockey. Surely there is someone out there with a history just as long!
                    No Tech is not the oldest. The Gophers might be one year different and there are several schools out East (BC, BU, Dartmouth, Brown) that claim to have started hockey earlier than Tech. However I wasn't on hand to see the games so I have no first hand proof. Dartmouth wore a patch celebrating their 100th year for the 2005-06 season. Brown says they were playing hockey in 1897. Again I don't have one of their jerseys from that season, so once again no physical proof, just taking their word.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-23-2019, 06:37 PM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

1 Yale University 1895
                      2 Brown University 1897
                      3 Harvard University 1897
                      4 Cornell University 1900
                      5 Princeton University 1900
                      6 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1901
                      7 United States Military Academy(Army) 1903
                      8 Union College 1903
                      9 Dartmouth College 1905
                      10 University of Massachusetts Amherst 1908
                      11 Pennsylvania State University 1909
                      12 University of Notre Dame 1912
                      13 Colgate University 1915
                      14 Boston College 1917
                      15 Boston University 1917
                      16 Michigan Technological University 1919
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ockey_programs
                      Last edited by TheDee; 10-23-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        I remember going to a luncheon last year about trying to get Michigan up there for a series for their 100th year. Looks like they made it happen. That will be fun.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Game day... GO HUSKIES!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                            Game day... GO HUSKIES!!
                            What are the thought on how we are going to play? Are we going to come out tight tonight?

Let's Go Tech!

Comment

I've been preoccupied for the last two weeks so I haven't been following, but I really hope Joe bagged them last week after the Alaska series for a little Attitude Adjustment. I hope it worked and they are ready to put six strong periods together. The team is young. I think it is very important to start strong so they aren't playing catchup all weekend. They have talented kids and the scoring will come, but not if they are feeling the pressure that they have to score. Going up 1 or 2 to 0 will help this team a lot.

I like this team.

#GoTechGold
                              #BringMacNaughtonHome

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                What are the thought on how we are going to play? Are we going to come out tight tonight?
                                I'm not sure what to expect. During his show, the first and last things that the coach said about playing the Falcons are "It will be a great learning experience for our guys" and "They're a top 10 ranked team now so I'm excited to get against them and let our guys grow a bit." I'd like to be optimistic, but after what I saw at the Mac a couple of weeks ago, I think the next 5 games (BGSU, N Dakota, Mankato) will be a rough stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X