Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I certainly hope an at large bid is nowhere near the minds of the coaching staff nor the players at this point. Too many variables they cannot control need to fall right for them to get an at large bid. It is no longer in their hands so IMHO they need to work on what they can control. That is getting better today than they were yesterday and continue that trend throughout the WCHA schedule. Let the playoff pieces fall where they will. Hopefully they will peak at the right time.

If they take care of their own problems, they will have a decent seed in th he WCHA playoffs. If they are playing close to their potential, they can beat anyone in the league. They have a few weeks before then to get the right mindset and work out the problems. #GoTechGold

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Horrible, turnover and we lose.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 01-18-2020, 08:52 PM.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Horrible, turnover and we lose.
        sooner or later turnovers always find a way to bite in the arse..

Comment

What is the story with Keegan Ford? Would be nice to get him back. I watched the game (BSU announcers), not sure what Dirk may have said.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
            What is the story with Keegan Ford? Would be nice to get him back. I watched the game (BSU announcers), not sure what Dirk may have said.
            I thought I heard hopefully next weekend?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I thought I heard hopefully next weekend?
              It's been painful watching our defense for the last few weeks.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That was also my takeaway, the D struggled this weekend. We also seem to be having only 1 of the 3 scoring lines going at a time.
                The 4th line seems to get a lot of pucks on net with their work ethic.

This was one of those weekends where the intensity was just not there. Time to get back to it and use the rest of the grind to get back to their A game.

Comment

If they don't dominate Ferris at the Mac next weekend I'll be concerned.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree that the D struggled at times. We have had a couple of younger D really develop this year, and overall it’s still a young core and I think we are better than some of us thought we might be. (Ok, not saying much).

But getting two goals on the weekend is a serious problem. I see goal scorer’s in development. Most of our goals are from underclassmen, and I think the future looks great up front.

Looking forward, we lose Ford and Kiilunen at the end of the year and the Tech Recruiting guide shows no D, just three forwards coming up. I can see being ok next year on D with the current guys, but the following year we graduate four; Seamus, Rockwell, Meek and Watson. No freshmen D next year. There will be another huge gap in our experience and development.

Anyone see this different?
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                      Looking forward, we lose Ford and Kiilunen at the end of the year and the Tech Recruiting guide shows no D, just three forwards coming up. I can see being ok next year on D with the current guys, but the following year we graduate four; Seamus, Rockwell, Meek and Watson. No freshmen D next year. There will be another huge gap in our experience and development.

Anyone see this different?
                      THG has Grant Docter and Evan Orr coming in next year. Both would still be 19 at the start of next season, so it's possible one or both could be deferred. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the only freshman defenseman next year is a late-bloomer who hasn't committed yet (like, say, Tim Erkkila, Ryan Dickinson or Jed Pietila, all of whom are from Brighton/Howell and have been nominated for NAHL defenseman of the month at least once this season). Ten defensemen on the roster is a good number.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        THG has Grant Docter and Evan Orr coming in next year. Both would still be 19 at the start of next season, so it's possible one or both could be deferred. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the only freshman defenseman next year is a late-bloomer who hasn't committed yet (like, say, Tim Erkkila, Ryan Dickinson or Jed Pietila, all of whom are from Brighton/Howell and have been nominated for NAHL defenseman of the month at least once this season). Ten defensemen on the roster is a good number.
                        Thanks. I was just looking at the grid
                        Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          At one time both LSSU and BG have shown interest in Tim. But the last time I talked to someone close to him it sounded like he has his heart set on NMU.

Dickenson certainly has the size to fit what Joe has been looking for on D lately.

Jed was a forward for awhile playing for Hartland HS and put up really good numbers. If it weren't for a broken jaw his numbers would have been comparable to Crespi's. And I feel he would have given Crespi a good challenge for Mr. Hockey. At the time I felt Jed was a better all around player. I do know that the coaching staff was made aware of Jed and there was a positive response at the time ;-) Whether or not there is still an interest there.. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                            At one time both LSSU and BG have shown interest in Tim. But the last time I talked to someone close to him it sounded like he has his heart set on NMU.

Dickenson certainly has the size to fit what Joe has been looking for on D lately.

Jed was a forward for awhile playing for Hartland HS and put up really good numbers. If it weren't for a broken jaw his numbers would have been comparable to Crespi's. And I feel he would have given Crespi a good challenge for Mr. Hockey. At the time I felt Jed was a better all around player. I do know that the coaching staff was made aware of Jed and there was a positive response at the time ;-) Whether or not there is still an interest there.. I don't know.
                            Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              It's been painful watching our defense for the last few weeks.
                              There have been a few bad moments, but without scoring it just doesn't matter. Tech goals the last eight games (NOT sorted, in order as they were played):
                              4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1

That's a trend headed in the wrong direction. If you can't score at least six goals a weekend, you're not going to win many of those games.
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                There have been a few bad moments, but without scoring it just doesn't matter. Tech goals the last eight games (NOT sorted, in order as they were played):
                                4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1

That's a trend headed in the wrong direction. If you can't score at least six goals a weekend, you're not going to win many of those games.
                                That's a really interesting pattern. I'm more than reasonably confident that it will break this weekend against a very poor Ferris team.

Comment

Working...
                                X