Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Still upright

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I thought it was telling that Friday in the third we were able to turn the defense regularly. On Saturday, even on the pp, we dumped it in.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

stuck below the bridge

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

A little less jump in our game and some good adjustments by Clk in their game

Still upright

I suspect there was some previously bad blood between the two guys involved in that penalty prior to it happening. And I found it quite ironic that the team, ( Clarkson) who specializes in getting away with penalties of all sorts, worked the refs effectively to get penalties called on us pretty much all game. Not that we were innocent, but usually a lot of those get let go.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

We will be recording another episode of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast tonight with guest Shane Frederick, so please send us your questions (MTU, MSU, or WCHA). Drop us an email: ChasingMac@techhockeyguide.com
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Still upright

Rewatched the three-goal burst. Seems like all three the shooters used the defender as a screen and were able to move in closer than comfortable before shooting. I think our shot-blocking has to be better technique-wise. The second thing about this last weekend. Clarkson was able to shut us down on Saturday almost completely and on Friday only a fairly lucky bounce got us the tieing goal. I'd say our third-period offensive play could use some refining and review.

due to injury (hit in knee cap by hockey puck) (that's my story and I sticking to it) (I won't admit I fell off a chair) and travel I've missed some of the games. can some one give me a quick update? How are we looking overall this year? Is a MacNaughton win a reality or fantasy? How about making the Frozen 16? I know Mankato is red hot, how about the other WCHA teams? Speaking of the WCHA ... the Alaska teams? UAH?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    due to injury (hit in knee cap by hockey puck) (that's my story and I sticking to it) (I won't admit I fell off a chair) and travel I've missed some of the games. can some one give me a quick update? How are we looking overall this year? Is a MacNaughton win a reality or fantasy? How about making the Frozen 16? I know Mankato is red hot, how about the other WCHA teams? Speaking of the WCHA ... the Alaska teams? UAH?
    Listen fo THG's Chasing Mac podcast for all things Huskies Hockey and WCHA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    you could just take some time to listen to our podcast
    anchor.fm/chasingmacpod
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Still upright

Excellent choice

Merry Christmas Tech fans! Iím looking forward to Christmas in the Copper Country!

sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar

4 hours to puck drop ... kind of quiet out there.
    MSU plays decent defense and has good goaltending, hopefully Tech will find some offense from several players.
    This seems like a big tournament for this team, season and regime.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    4 hours to puck drop ... kind of quiet out there.
    MSU plays decent defense and has good goaltending, hopefully Tech will find some offense from several players.
    This seems like a big tournament for this team, season and regime.
    It should be excellent hockey. We'll have to play one of our better games to win, I'd say MSU was excellent on defense when I saw them.

Interesting to see that MTU upgraded Alex Smith to a Co-Captain and gave Alec Broetzman an A. I think both are deserved but still an interesting decision.

Michigan Tech Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Interesting to see that MTU upgraded Alex Smith to a Co-Captain and gave Alec Broetzman an A. I think both are deserved but still an interesting decision.
    I guess we know what side of "The Captain Needs to Play Every Game..." won the argument. If the captain can't play every game, add more captains accordingly so a captain plays every game.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I guess we know what side of "The Captain Needs to Play Every Game..." won the argument. If the captain can't play every game, add more captains accordingly so a captain plays every game.
    A character win for sure. Go Huskies!

John Scott in the locker room after the game, "I played in 8 games here and never one once!"

Pretty good turnout today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    John Scott in the locker room after the game, "I played in 8 games here and never one once!"
    yeah, we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

I think Marv is more than a touch nervous.

Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I don't blame Joe for picking the captain that he did to start the year.

Good for Alex. He has stepped up and been an on-ice leader. He earned his "C".

Good for Joe with being willing to change mid season.

Go Tech!

Thread Information