Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 573

Thread: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

  1. #221
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,117

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Looking at the score sheet ... there were a boat load of penalties at the 19:59 mark of the 3rd period. What the heck happened?
    as they say on Letterkenny, a donnybrook
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  2. #222
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,088

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Looking at the score sheet ... there were a boat load of penalties at the 19:59 mark of the 3rd period. What the heck happened?
    A brotherly discussion between the Tech players and the eNeMaU players.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  3. #223
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    828

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Looking at the score sheet ... there were a boat load of penalties at the 19:59 mark of the 3rd period. What the heck happened?
    Just Northern being Northern

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    196

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Jurusik not only made some great saves, he had a key tackle late in the game to keep the pussycats in line.

  5. #225
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    42.3686 W 83.4821
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    I thought NMU was the better team both nights with the exception of goaltending where they struggled. I also thought that we got away with a lot late in Friday's game and not quite so much Saturday. I remember a late slash that went uncalled and several others. I think on Saturday after midway we had like 5 shots on goal total the rest of the game.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  6. #226
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    816

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I am in absolute awe of Jonathan Zamaites (THG) calling the score(s) for both nights in his preview.
    Also: are the Wildcats coached to take dives whenever someone skates nearby? If so, Iíve lost all respect for Potulny. If not, he needs to have a serious talk with his boys about accountability. Itís way out of hand and will continue to cost them going forward. They have enough skill to go out and just compete for the win without all the nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Just Northern being Northern

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Been that way for years. makes no difference who the coach is. Classless Athletic Depatment, with a classless team, supported by low brow classless fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    Jurusik not only made some great saves, he had a key tackle late in the game to keep the pussycats in line.
    Can't have Jurusik having to bail them out in the waning seconds every game. Need to fix that. But gotta love the commitment to blocking shots and team D that the boys showed.

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I thought NMU was the better team both nights with the exception of goaltending where they struggled. I also thought that we got away with a lot late in Friday's game and not quite so much Saturday. I remember a late slash that went uncalled and several others. I think on Saturday after midway we had like 5 shots on goal total the rest of the game.
    If you show up the ref with an obvious dive in the final seconds of Friday's game. Don't expect to get to many calls going your way on Saturday night...

  7. #227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Can't have Jurusik having to bail them out in the waning seconds every game. Need to fix that. But gotta love the commitment to blocking shots and team D that the boys showed.
    It pains me to say, but NMU has better top line talent than Tech right now. That said, we have more heart, grit, and great play in net. Jurusik stole two games for us.

    Wonder what Joe thinks about Jurusikís tackle? Personally from a team bond/compete level I liked it.

    What a difference a year makes. Last year we would have lost both of those games.

    Go Tech!!!

  8. #228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    828

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    What a difference a year makes. Last year we would have lost both of those games.

    Go Tech!!!
    Last month it would have been two losses.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  9. #229
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    816

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Yes, this is the growth Joe has been talking about. The maturity/ability to win the one goal games. He has mentioned many time on his show how the W/L record would be much better if we could only flip a few of those one goal games. Now the team needs to take the next step and be able to not allow three goal games become one goal games.. Hopefully we can dish out a little revenge next weekend up in Alaska.. Go Huskies!

  10. #230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    828

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Hopefully we can dish out a little revenge next weekend up in Alaska.. Go Huskies!
    Of Tech can get a sweep in Fairbanks and split the season series, I'd be OK with that. If you asked me in August how they would do against UAF, I'd say 3-1 and I'm hoping for a sweep. A series split isn't that bad for these teams. The Nanooks are better than expected in the offseason. That being said, the Huskies have dug their hole in October and need the sweep next weekend.

    #GoTechGold #FollowTheHuskies #BringMacNaughtonHome

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #231

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,684
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Been that way for years. makes no difference who the coach is. Classless Athletic Depatment, with a classless team, supported by low brow classless fans..
    Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.

  12. #232
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,117

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.
    Yeah, because ASU isn't known for being a chippy, undisciplined POS team?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  13. #233
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    282

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    I highly recommend listening to the JSH. Very good discussion about some of the things discussed.

  14. #234
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    816

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.
    oh how quickly yee forgets.. Weren't you the gentleman who sharply criticized his own athletic department a couple of years ago, as being a bunch of amateur keystone cops (highly paraphrased on my part) regarding the whole Ticketgate fiasco?? Remind me now, how many of your hockey alumni and downstate alumni were frozen out of that game?? And if I remember correctly wasn't the NMU athletic department taken out behind the WCHA woodshed and spanked for it. And a whole new 'because of nmu' ticket rule put in place?? And whose fans were they that were berating families and little kids with 'F' bombs this weekend?? Just making sure I understand things clearly.

    While over in Vegas the odds makers are picking Coach Joe to win the rematch in AZ. The professional money says Joe by TKO in the second round!! LOL

  15. #235
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    828

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    oh how quickly yee forgets.. Weren't you the gentleman who sharply criticized his own athletic department a couple of years ago, as being a bunch of amateur keystone cops (highly paraphrased on my part) regarding the whole Ticketgate fiasco?? Remind me now, how many of your hockey alumni and downstate alumni were frozen out of that game?? And if I remember correctly wasn't the NMU athletic department taken out behind the WCHA woodshed and spanked for it. And a whole new 'because of nmu' ticket rule put in place?? And whose fans were they that were berating families and little kids with 'F' bombs this weekend?? Just making sure I understand things clearly.

    While over in Vegas the odds makers are picking Coach Joe to win the rematch in AZ. The professional money says Joe by TKO in the second round!! LOL
    Ticketgate . That says a lot about a program when a school has to pull that crap just so the visiting team doesn't have more fans than the home team. Even with Ticketgate Tech fans were louder. But to be fair, they had a lot more to cheer about. That was a great game to watch... live. Almost as much fun as watching the 2017 championship game at the Mac, except I had to go to Marquette to see it.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  16. #236
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,117

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    There will be no additional discipline from the WCHA as it pertain's to Saturday nights donnybrook.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  17. #237
    Livin' the Suite Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hancock, MI
    Posts
    181

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    I have to give our young men ALOT of credit for not stooping to the level of Loughran. He's a good player and doesn't need to resort to the goonish behavior he was exhibiting saturday in MQT. Watching him butt-end a player, take a magnificent dive after slashing a guy (after a goal, none the less), taking a flying 2 hand chop at another player starting a donnybrook, and then ripping a guys helmet off by the facemask.... I'm actually a little surprised he didn't try to hit the guy with his own helmet. Anyways, Our guys did a great job of keeping their composure, but I sure did miss John Scott while I was watching it unfold.

  18. #238
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    42.3686 W 83.4821
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch_man View Post
    I have to give our young men ALOT of credit for not stooping to the level of Loughran. He's a good player and doesn't need to resort to the goonish behavior he was exhibiting saturday in MQT. Watching him butt-end a player, take a magnificent dive after slashing a guy (after a goal, none the less), taking a flying 2 hand chop at another player starting a donnybrook, and then ripping a guys helmet off by the facemask.... I'm actually a little surprised he didn't try to hit the guy with his own helmet. Anyways, Our guys did a great job of keeping their composure, but I sure did miss John Scott while I was watching it unfold.
    Indeed!
    My focus was mostly on all the turnovers and passes to the opposing team and falling over our own feet etc. I did note most of that but not all.

    As far as the series in Phoenix, there is no way on God's green earth I am going to watch that series and i'm not even going to listen to Dirk.
    If you think NMU is bad, just wait.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  19. #239
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.
    That one was on ASU.

  20. #240
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    282

    Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    That one was on ASU.
    Can me make John Scott Alumni Coach for the ASU weekend?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. redwing61

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •