Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
    I have to give our young men ALOT of credit for not stooping to the level of Loughran. He's a good player and doesn't need to resort to the goonish behavior he was exhibiting saturday in MQT. Watching him butt-end a player, take a magnificent dive after slashing a guy (after a goal, none the less), taking a flying 2 hand chop at another player starting a donnybrook, and then ripping a guys helmet off by the facemask.... I'm actually a little surprised he didn't try to hit the guy with his own helmet. Anyways, Our guys did a great job of keeping their composure, but I sure did miss John Scott while I was watching it unfold.
    I agree whole heartedly. The restraint was unreal several times. I saw one player laughing at the NMU player while being cross checked after the play. Maybe made easier and or more effective by the NMU player’s diminutive stature.
    On another note I am hopeful the experiment regarding our captains playing time is over. Like I said before, and I think it showed this weekend, we are a better team with him on the ice.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      Can me make John Scott Alumni Coach for the ASU weekend?
      I'm in for part of his weekend salary. And if he puts a beatdown on the human version of The Brain, from Pinky and The Brain, I'll throw in a bonus.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        That one was on ASU.
        So davyd83, fill in the blank:

The donnybrook with 1.2 seconds left in Marquette was on ____________.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          oh how quickly yee forgets..
          (1) Weren't you the gentleman who sharply criticized his own athletic department a couple of years ago, as being a bunch of amateur keystone cops (highly paraphrased on my part) regarding the whole Ticketgate fiasco??
          (2) Remind me now, how many of your hockey alumni and downstate alumni were frozen out of that game??
          (3) And if I remember correctly wasn't the NMU athletic department taken out behind the WCHA woodshed and spanked for it.
          (4) And a whole new 'because of nmu' ticket rule put in place??
          (5) And whose fans were they that were berating families and little kids with 'F' bombs this weekend?? Just making sure I understand things clearly.
          (1) Yes. (And accurate.)
          (2) Lots. I still laugh that L'Esperance's parents were first in line at the ticket window that Monday morning, and yet former players for our program were told to stay home because tickets weren't available (at the time).
          (3, 4) After the issue, I am unaware of any WCHA actions in response.
          (5) I cannot comment on this past weekend. If there were Wildcat fans who were disrespectful, that is embarrassing as those actions reflect upon the rest of the fans and the University. I refuse to both sides this, because it has happened the other way, so if NMU fans are going to travel to Houghton they need to be respectful. It's fun to banter back and forth, but there are lines you just walk away from and not cross. As for our new student section, The Wild, they're going to take some time to figure it out.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

In regards to (1), the Athletic Department has done a wonderful job of outreach and is working to fix those issues. Moving forward they know what does and doesn't work and have improved their in-house system and have ways to make things better.

It's just unfortunate that they had to find out the hard way. But it seems like both schools have had low points in the last decade and have markedly improved.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

CHN Team of the Week

Maybe don't let the guys read it.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-26-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Minnesota State freshman goaltender Jaxson Stauber has gone back to Sioux Falls. Wonder if he might like to join his cousin Levi in Houghton next year...

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                  Minnesota State freshman goaltender Jaxson Stauber has gone back to Sioux Falls. Wonder if he might like to join his cousin Levi in Houghton next year...
                  Interesting. The THG recruiting grid shows only Beydoun and Pietila next year and only Pietila after that. Looks like they need someone else on campus next fall. Or am I missing a recruit that's already committed?

I'm guessing wherever he lands he will only have 3 years left? He played in one game this year, making 14 saves in a 4-1 win at UAH.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Minnesota State freshman goaltender Jaxson Stauber has gone back to Sioux Falls. Wonder if he might like to join his cousin Levi in Houghton next year...
                    Tis the season for players to head out.

Union just lost a kid to the BCHL as well.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/11/26/uni...ith-wenatchee/

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      CHN Team of the Week

Maybe don't let the guys read it.
                      Journalistically it’s pretty shabby to pull all their quotes from the JSH without accreditation, and can’t be bothered to call the subject themselves.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        Journalistically it’s pretty shabby to pull all their quotes from the JSH without accreditation, and can’t be bothered to call the subject themselves.
                        I totally agree, but journalism has been dead for a while now. My latest pet peave is how the guy who "interviews" our players/coaches for the post-game videos (I assume it's DMG writer Adam Niemi, but I could be wrong) literally cannot phrase his quote requests in the form of a question. Every time he opens his mouth the first words to come out are "Just talk about...."

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2019/11/27/mic...o-back-sweeps/

It is Tech Hockey's week for media coverage.

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope the team has a safe trip to Alaska without getting stuck/delayed.

Comment

I totally agree, but journalism has been dead for a while now. My latest pet peave is how the guy who "interviews" our players/coaches for the post-game videos (I assume it's DMG writer Adam Niemi, but I could be wrong) literally cannot phrase his quote requests in the form of a question. Every time he opens his mouth the first words to come out are "Just talk about...."
                            I don't think Journalism is dead at all. But whatever, I do agree CHN should have done better. At least they could have called and gotten permission.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Guys I think you need to realize that the Joe Shawhan Hour is a PR show. The quotes are out there in the public and it’s likely that MTU signed off and provided the audio vs having an interview with the guys at CHN to say the same thing.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Guys I think you need to realize that the Joe Shawhan Hour is a PR show. The quotes are out there in the public and it’s likely that MTU signed off and provided the audio vs having an interview with the guys at CHN to say the same thing.
                                Understood. My complaint was that they didn’t mention the source, and 2) back in my day (ok boomer) it was considered unprofessional to use the quotes released by the subject/organization without at least trying to call and get a couple of unique quotes (granted it’s not always possible). Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving.... Lions are still in the running for a number 1 pick...
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X