Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122

Thread: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sunny Flahadah
    Posts
    3

    Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    New thread for 19-20. Nice, impressive win over Union. I'm a southern BU Alum so not tons of hockey insight here but I saw some really nice passing and decent awareness on the ice. Also sensed a renewed esprit de corps. It's early. Hope I'm right. Go BU!

  2. #2
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,523

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    early schmerly.....

    prolly wrong, but mookie doesn't recall the 7th goal being scored until after thanksgiving last season (us, not canuck).

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    A few observations:
    -BU came out playing hard and fast and never let up. Controlled the neutral zone for long stretches keeping Union from crossing the blueline. Dominated a veteran Union defense.

    -All the freshmen played well. Third liners Mastrosimone and Phillips both had two points and Albie said the fourth iine with Stevens and Armstrong joining Chabot was the best line. Zegras' high-end creativity and passing skill were unmistakable. No points for Fensore, but he was a puck moving force all game.

    -While Sam Tucker's numbers, 10 saves on 13 shots, don't look great on paper, two Union goals were on the defense, especially the power play goal.

    -Leading by example, Curry had two goals on seven shots. Could've had two more goals but was robbed on great saves.

    -A strong effort to build on, but can't ignore that this was a weak Union team that had lost 5 of its top 7 scorers and had two more top 9 forwards out with injuries.

    Video highlights; More

  4. #4
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    early schmerly.....

    prolly wrong, but mookie doesn't recall the 7th goal being scored until after thanksgiving last season (us, not canuck).
    Last year it took until the 5th game on 1 November for BU to score their 7th goal of the season.

    Sean

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,677

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Union lost to Army today

    Congrats on the W

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    46

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Have to like what you see in game one good puck movement good finishing lots of goals scored can't ask for much more then that!

  7. #7
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,028

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Union lost to Army today

    Congrats on the W
    Hmmm. So you're saying they aren't very good. I thought BU blew it not hiring their coach.
    It Happened!!!!

  8. #8
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Scarlet - you are right - I was thrilled to see they wore the classic unis. I hope they use them regularly. They certainly have to wear them as long as they keep winning, right? Actually, I could see them wearing them one of of the two nights against NMU, and using the newer ones the other night, just to mix it up.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Mastrosimone (G,A) named HE Rookie of the Week

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    422

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Shouted "Go BU!" to Evan Rodrigues from down the block as he walked into Nationwide prior to the Blue Jackets-Sabres game last night. He turned around smiled and waved. Bummed he didn't play. Would've been my first opportunity to see him and Eichel play together in person since their Agganis days.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

    NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

    The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    187

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Union lost to Army today

    Congrats on the W
    So you are saying this isn't likely to contribute to our Pairwise?
    "What about my asthma?"
    "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

  12. #12
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Bump. Finally have a couple games to look forward to. And of course no match-up with NMU can escape thoughts from the old-timers on these boards related to the epic 1991 NC game. We got some revenge a few years later in the regional I believe (1994?), but obviously would have preferred Kevin O'Sullivan's shot, or Shawn McEachern's shot too be one inch to the right.

    I'm guessing we see both goalies this weekend. I'm hoping to make it to one of the games.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    323

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Wanted to clarify - is BU's free stream gone with the CBS All Access agreement?
    Last edited by joen05; 10-15-2019 at 02:04 PM.

    BU Alum '07

  14. #14
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,028

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Bump. Finally have a couple games to look forward to. And of course no match-up with NMU can escape thoughts from the old-timers on these boards related to the epic 1991 NC game. We got some revenge a few years later in the regional I believe (1994?), but obviously would have preferred Kevin O'Sullivan's shot, or Shawn McEachern's shot too be one inch to the right.

    .
    Promo opportunity missed. Get Billy Pye and Tony Amonte to put on the skates and stage a shoot-out.
    It Happened!!!!

  15. #15
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Promo opportunity missed. Get Billy Pye and Tony Amonte to put on the skates and stage a shoot-out.
    If only we could also get Tom Mees (RIP) to do the play by play

    In a 7-7 game, with Amonte being lights out in the second half of the year, it's hard to imagine that Amonte doesn't score if he has 2 more seconds to make a move.

    For those who are too young to know the story: Tony Amonte had a great freshman season with 25 goals and 58 points, playing on a line with Joe Sacco and Shawn McEachern for most of the year. Expectations for him the next year were high, but nearly halfway through the season, he only had 5 goals. Coach Parker essentially told him "you're not going to get 30 goals this year, try to focus on other ways to help the team". Amonte responded that he would do that, but that he was still going to get 30 goals. Well, goals 28, 29, and 30 came against Clarkson the National Semifinal. He retrieved the puck and gave it to coach Parker on the bench. He would get goal #31 to start the 3 goal comeback in the final 7 minutes against NMU, and had a partial breakaway that he created for himself in the dying seconds, but he didn't really have time to do anything except wind up and blast the puck...right into Pye's glove. Had he scored, it would have literally been at the buzzer, to complete a 4-goals in 7 minute comeback to win the NC. Then BU would own the two best comebacks in NC games
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    493

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Wanted to clarify - is BU's free stream gone with the CBS All Access agreement?
    No more Bernie and Linehan on the video? Say it ain't so!
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill

    "A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." -- Author Unknown

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    There will definitely be live streams for the NMU series. Details not yet announced.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    182

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    If only we could also get Tom Mees (RIP) to do the play by play

    In a 7-7 game, with Amonte being lights out in the second half of the year, it's hard to imagine that Amonte doesn't score if he has 2 more seconds to make a move.

    For those who are too young to know the story: Tony Amonte had a great freshman season with 25 goals and 58 points, playing on a line with Joe Sacco and Shawn McEachern for most of the year. Expectations for him the next year were high, but nearly halfway through the season, he only had 5 goals. Coach Parker essentially told him "you're not going to get 30 goals this year, try to focus on other ways to help the team". Amonte responded that he would do that, but that he was still going to get 30 goals. Well, goals 28, 29, and 30 came against Clarkson the National Semifinal. He retrieved the puck and gave it to coach Parker on the bench. He would get goal #31 to start the 3 goal comeback in the final 7 minutes against NMU, and had a partial breakaway that he created for himself in the dying seconds, but he didn't really have time to do anything except wind up and blast the puck...right into Pye's glove. Had he scored, it would have literally been at the buzzer, to complete a 4-goals in 7 minute comeback to win the NC. Then BU would own the two best comebacks in NC games
    Apparently Pye later said that Amonte had three places where he could have shot the puck, and Pye lucked out that he picked the wrong one (source: Blaise MacDonald).
    Boston University CAS'88

    GO BU!

  19. #19
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,523

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    There will definitely be live streams for the NMU series. Details not yet announced.
    it's all in the details!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Boston University Terriers 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    it's all in the details!!
    There's now a link on the BU hockey schedule page to CBS All-Access for Hockey East live streams (not including NESN games). Have heard from a few people who signed up. Free first week, then $5.99/month. Subscription gets you all of CBS All-Access, so hello reboot of The Twilight Zone!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •