Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I'd say he did his duty. And the safest place over there is like someone saying they stayed at the nicest hotel in Southside Chicago, except worse, of course.

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    For 7 months in 2014 apparently, again if he's to be believed.....
    Right, from March to September. Those bombings happened in January and December.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Either you did not read what I wrote or you are an idiot.

Your insecurity overdetermines everything you read and write. Let it go. Nobody is looking down on you until you open your yap.
    Why would I think you are looking down on me? Me defending someone else has nothing to do with me. I didnt serve...hell Mayor Pete isnt even the candidate I am behind. He has nothing to do with me at all. The only one who is defending themselves here is you YOU

No one is asking you to worship Pete over his service (that is a straw man you came up with on your own) we just think it looks rather weak when you **** on it. Though you look better doing it than trix who apparently thinks Mayor Pete is the staff accountant at Club Med Kabul (calm down trix I am just exaggerating for humor)

You got it all wrong man...I just dont want us eating our own. How you think about me doesnt even figure into the equation.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    How you think about me doesnt even figure into the equation.
    Hint: I don't.

My comments aren't about Pete. They're about our camosexual culture. It's not a good thing. Let's respect soldiers by giving them other options than becoming soldiers.

Make the 1% die for their own portfolios.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Right, from March to September. Those bombings happened in January and December.
    Soo.....your take is that the bombers were only active in two months of the year, and weren't scouting out for opportunities in the months from March to December? Huh..
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Hint: I don't.

My comments aren't about Pete. They're about our camosexual culture. It's not a good thing. Let's respect soldiers by giving them other options than becoming soldiers.

Make the 1% die for their own portfolios.
    Great, start by quitting your job then.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Oh boy...im out!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Soo.....your take is that the bombers were only active in two months of the year, and weren't scouting out for opportunities in the months from March to December? Huh..
    I'm saying he never had to deal with any real threats to his safety during his time there despite how dangerous he makes it sound and how he tries to play up that he was a troop and always mentions that AR-15's only should be used by people like him etc. when in reality he mostly worked in a financial unit in the safest area of the country.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Oh boy...im out!

Whoa. That is cool!
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Never Forget!

When you're in the military you don't have control over where you get stationed. My great uncle spent the majority of WW2 in the Pacific...in the Aleutians. The one time they were called on to fight was when the Japs invaded a deserted island, and by the time my uncle got there they had headed back to Tokyo. Then he was told they were shipping him stateside, but when they got off the transport they were in Manila instead of Oregon. He was all set to invade the big island until Fat Man and Little Boy made it unnecessary.

When most people join the reserves or National Guard they don't envision going to Afghanistan or Iraq. The recruiting posters tell you you'll be serving in your community a weekend a month and two weeks a year...not deployed to hostile territory for months on end. My cousin spent his entire Naval career stateside then joined the reserves and found himself in the Persian Gulf.

Internet Nutcase

Oh boy...im out!

okay, this is the most important post in this thread

can someone explain this? Why is he able to walk through but then then he reaches back and punches it and it breaks. why wouldn't his fist just pass through like before? also it would be cool if it severed his arm when it broke (like his arm got trapped on this side of the portal when it broke).

If there were no bombings at the same time - just before and after - it means you were never at risk. Also remember it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and Bernie is the only bestest and realz candidate!

Rebuilding
    I'm saying he never had to deal with any real threats to his safety during his time there despite how dangerous he makes it sound and how he tries to play up that he was a troop and always mentions that AR-15's only should be used by people like him etc. when in reality he mostly worked in a financial unit in the safest area of the country.
    Unless you know that first hand...shut up.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Hindsight's awesome isn't it? Just because none happened while he was there doesn't mean they didn't have to be on the alert for them.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Yeah it's almost like he's speaking about these things with the benefit of hindsight.

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Unless you know that first hand...shut up.
    Bernie bros gonna bro.

Anyone that isn’t a 78 year old senator from Vermont with heart disease sucks for every possible reason.

Yeah let's go the ad hominem route every time somebody questions the motives and honesty of a politician

Yeah let's go the ad hominem route every time somebody questions the motives and honesty of a politician
    Which you conveniently never do when it comes to your boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Which you conveniently never do when it comes to your boy.
    Yeah because he's been incredibly consistent on the issues (on which he's objectively better) he talks about now since age 18, gee what could possibly be the difference!?

So they happened immediately before and after he was there, yet somehow he wasn't supposed to worry about it happening in the interim while he was there?

Your logic is interesting.

Thread Information