• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Sample budget for McDonald's employees

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ends-meet.html

article-0-1-AD88-C15000005-DC-503-634x354

I'm curious what health insurance that only costs $20/month covers. Hey, is heat free in Minnesota?

Bear in mind this assumes you will work a second job...

Comment

The trades are all hard work, but you can make a decent wage. However, buyer beware. I remember a few years ago I read an article of someone complaining that they went to school to be a welder because of the high pay and then didn't get anywhere near what they expected when they graduated. And that's really really hard work. I worked with some welders early in my career. Not what I would consider "fun" work. I have a cousin in HVAC that makes pretty good money. Everything always depends.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Well, in regards to those HVAC schools, the payoff is relatively immediate after 2 years of training. Assuming your state has a strong Pipefitters Union, that person can take out a student loan that's not usually very large, and then make an apprentice's wage scale for a few years before becoming a journeyman, and then a master, if they're motivated.
        Union? You dirty Commie! No one needs a union; the company will look out for your best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Well, in regards to those HVAC schools, the payoff is relatively immediate after 2 years of training. Assuming your state has a strong Pipefitters Union, that person can take out a student loan that's not usually very large, and then make an apprentice's wage scale for a few years before becoming a journeyman, and then a master, if they're motivated.
          So what do they live on during those two years of training? When they're already working one or two jobs already, and maybe taking care of a family as well, with a husband or wife also working one or two jobs?

My neighbor next door did the HVAC school and was working fulltime in that field. Left it to go bartend.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            So what do they live on during those two years of training? When they're already working one or two jobs already, and maybe taking care of a family as well, with a husband or wife also working one or two jobs?

My neighbor next door did the HVAC school and was working fulltime in that field. Left it to go bartend.
            Duh. Just get a "small" loan of a few million dollars from their parents to tide them over.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I'm curious what health insurance that only costs $20/month covers. Hey, is heat free in Minnesota?

$2060/month income? At $10/hr, that's 50 hours a week. $600 rent? For what, the cheapest studio in the worst part of town? One bedrooms in my town are probably about $800+, and there are very few of them, because anyone with a place available for rent can make more than that just doing Airbnb for a weekend.

$150/month car payment? No heat? Cable and phone for $100?

Comment

Duh. Just get a "small" loan of a few million dollars from their parents to tide them over.
                Who're you, Mitt Romney?

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Four to five years with some trades here in Chicagoland. Makes it tough unless you can catch on with a good company and work through the year, otherwise you're collecting unemployment until spring when called from the hall... if you get a call back.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

If you work at McDonald’s you eat there

Other can be augmented giving hummers. Good money . Protein too
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Four to five years with some trades here in Chicagoland. Makes it tough unless you can catch on with a good company and work through the year, otherwise you're collecting unemployment until spring when called from the hall... if you get a call back.
                      I know electricians can get paid training around here. My friend's kid is doing just that.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        If you work at McDonald’s you eat there

Other can be augmented giving hummers. Good money . Protein too
                        You're advocating genocide. Every sperm is sacred, after all.

Also, I don't think McDonald's employees get free food...

Comment

You're advocating genocide. Every sperm is sacred, after all.

Also, I don't think McDonald's employees get free food...
                          It was half price when I worked there and that was the early 80's.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

When I worked at Sam's Club, the basic membership was free, and the remainder cost of the Plus membership was taken out from paycheck to paycheck, so $2-$3 per check.

When I worked at Target and Wally World, I got a 10% discount.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              When I worked at Sam's Club, the basic membership was free, and the remainder cost of the Plus membership was taken out from paycheck to paycheck, so $2-$3 per check.

When I worked at Target and Wally World, I got a 10% discount.
                              Were they forcing you into the higher membership bracket? When I was there back during college, the 98-99 school year, it was just the basic membership for free.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Were they forcing you into the higher membership bracket? When I was there back during college, the 98-99 school year, it was just the basic membership for free.
                                Put it this way: when I worked there the second time, they were really pushing for everyone to be a Plus member. The talk I got was "it's okay if you choose the basic membership, but the Plus is what you REALLY want." And though I was in carts, they gave "coaching" to cashiers who weren't getting people to sign up for the Plus membership.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X